Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Son's Ultramarines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

My Son's Ultramarines Empty
PostSubject: My Son's Ultramarines   My Son's Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Well... it took my 5 year old son to get me painting! HA! He wanted to see one of the 'little men' with some color (somehow he did not believe that Plastic Grey was a regulation Chapter), so I started painting an AoBR Tactical Marine with him. He based colored (blue... duh!), black-lined it (with wash) and paint the gun black. He has impressive brush control (already better than the old man! Shocked ) but he started to freak out as the difficulty increased. So... he begged me to finish it. I think I went a little nuts... I spared no details (sort of...)

Next model, it will be all him... so don't expect much. But it will be fun for me (and maybe you) to see) All the pics are VERY close... so you can see lots of weird stuff. Once we have some more stuff, we add more group pics. Hehehe... anyhow, critiques are welcomed.

My Son's Ultramarines BrotherDaniel01 My Son's Ultramarines BrotherDaniel02
My Son's Ultramarines BrotherDaniel03 My Son's Ultramarines BrotherDaniel04
My Son's Ultramarines BrotherDaniel05

ENJOY!!

PS: He is already freaking out that I will not touch the next model! Just Kidding

Last edited by Mordheimer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: My Son's Ultramarines   My Son's Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Very nice. Will you let him play with it at will? He could end up with the fanciest collection of toy soldiers out of all of the 5 year olds soon!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: My Son's Ultramarines   My Son's Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 am

This is better painted than most 20-somthing guys that I play with!

Looks like he'll grow up to be a gaming addict! Better than most other addictions though. However, not cheaper! You'll need to up his pocket money!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My Son's Ultramarines   My Son's Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:19 am

@ Narcissus: Thanks! Hehehe.... his idea of playing with his 'guy' is different than ours. I expect this Astartes to face incredible odds against... MONSTER TRUCKS! Shocked

We have been talking about having 'a bunch of guys and tanks' and I told him that he could show them to his cousin (Ulthar's son) when we go back to visit them. Hehehehe....

@ TheBlackKnight: Well, thank you. Please note that that is NOT all his work. Since this one was his first model, I complied with his 'insisting' (read: begging) for me to 'fix' him. So I made sure it was a little better (re-touched it) when the paint was sloppy and I detailed it. The NEXT model, will be all his.

We will probably go for a 'simple scheme'... blue body, blue ink/wash, black (metal drybrush) gun, red eyes, pure grass base. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: My Son's Ultramarines   My Son's Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 am

PRETTY COOL LOOKING! All kids are different, but five might be a bit on the young side for painting...a LOT of patience & encouragement are going to be needed. That aside have FUN showing your Little Guy the ropes. What a Face

You've got to put up the photos of your Space Marine Guy with the back banner & the plasma thingie...NOW that's a REALLY COOL mini...for a Space Marine. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Son's Ultramarines   My Son's Ultramarines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Son's Ultramarines
Page 1 of 1