The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:27 am

WOW... great inspiration. Another challenge! You guys are killing me! Just Kidding

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:17 am

The bottom one looks pretty cool; of course you could just have a detonator with some wires leading to a drum of toxic wastes & a blob of plastic explosives ala Terminator II. If you get carried away enough with the base, the Evil Cherub will be lost in all the details. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:09 am

Virus bomb sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:34 pm

HELP!!!!

I need Servitor-like arm bits... need Mechadendrite and/or Servo-Arms. It's for the 'baby'... hehehehe The plan is to have one or two, with extra weapons... Twisted Evil

Anyway... I need to get them... HELP!!!!

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:01 am

Sorry for the double posting... Embarassed I just bought THE perfect model for the Corrupt Cherubim...

I think is PERFECT!!! His pose (reaching) is great for the diorama... although he looks like he is reaching up (natural pose for a tiny demonic baby!) and I want to put him higher up (flying) so I will have to work on reaching down. Maybe... the eyes. I plan to give him a bionic eye and some cables from the head to the left arm... nothing much. Simplicity will be the key. Probably it will require some Green Stuff to round the flat part of the legs (bottom), but that is OK. GASP! I just realized I may have to sculpt him an... ASS! WTF?!?! Again?!? Hehehehe. I will also want to give him a servo arm, holding a laspistol or some other weapon. After that... I will have to make some wings for him.

I also got me other models...

Worse case scenario, I could use the female imp (center)... although I love the little guy on the left. Reminds me of Chet Monster (from the movie Weird Science)...

Question OK... so... how about some help with finding those Servo Arms? Question

Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:10 am

That's indeed a sweet arse (well not yet, since you have to sculpt it) model!
I'm sorry bro, I've looked through my bitz and couldn't find a servo arm or so... Sad
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:17 am

You could use a necron arm and some plasticcard to make the claw/grab thing.

Claw/grabber thingy:

Geddit?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:40 am

Sad Yes, Master mudboy... Sad

But is there anywhere I can buy some? Last result, build. I already have a lot to do. Hehehhe... (so yes, I'm trying to cut this corner!)

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 am

I checked The War Store; no luck there. Some of the more dedicated on-line bits stores might have them. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:10 am

Thanks Deaf... any one knows of any other store?

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Here are a couple that are from Tom's Trading Pit:

http://bitzbarn.com/

http://myworld.ebay.com/window-box/
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:13 pm

I've used bitz barn a few times and they are good if you just need a few bits or a single sprue. I have used Hoard o bitz on ebay as well. They have some good lots and you can get good deals but I find the total ends up adding up really fast.

I think it might be hard to make the scale fit between any servo arm bits and the model you have. Maybe you could create the long whip cable arm things by simply getting a g-string from a guitar, cutting some short bits, and greenstuffing it onto a stump on one arm (like the arm of the servitor on the left).

Here is another kind of funny idea. This is maybe a bit sacrilegious but could make an interesting diorama showing the cherubim reaching out and corrupting the guardsman. The pose of the model you have really made me think of it.

Sorry if this idea offends anyone. Not meant to offend, it is just such a classic pose and has some powerful symbolism.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:34 pm

I like your thinking Narc Smile
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48 pm

I have spent some time looking for ya, but searching for bitz nowadays is a lot harder since GW crippled most bitzstores.
I have found this one though:

Is that useable?
Direct link to the bit
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:20 pm

@ Deaf: Thanks for the links. I will check 'em out.

@ Narcissus: Hehehehe... see you in hell, my friend. That is EXACTLY what I want to do/represent... that moment in which humanity is lost by embracing the corrupt (opposite of the famous painting, in which humanity is gained by reaching to the divine.) By using the demonic baby, I wanted to pose the Servo Arm with a small claw/hand as if reaching and other arm just holding a small hand-flamer. Wink

@ Komfritten: You like, eh? I save you a spot among us on the bus that travels Highway to Hell.

@ Gatlag: Thanks! The bits seem to big for such a small model I plan to use, but they are GREAT! I swear... all those indy miniature model makes need to make some Cherubs.

I found some parts... kindda what I'm looking for.... but smaller!
Ork Deff Rolla': The bitz on top, to be used as arms.

Killa Kan: Hand drills!

Any more ideas?

Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:53 am

Maybe look for some old Epic Ork Gargant arms?

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:11 am

Holy Throne! That is it! You are a freaking GENIUS! I will check eBay... those may work. THANKS MUDBOY!!!

PS: I hate you a little less! Wink

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:20 am

Sorry for the double post. I searched eBay and found some stuff. I need some feedback.

I found an Epic 40k Orks Mega Gargant... but WAY to expensive.

I also found that the ForgeWorld's Adeptus Titanicus Tech Priest Enginseer has bitz I could use.

I also found THIS... Dreadfleet's BLACK KRAKEN

I think the mechanical tentacles are perfect for what I need. The back has that drill thinggy... I think I could use that. Any other suggestions?

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:40 am

Go for the tentacles...they even have some dripping yuck for that Nurglesque touch. clown
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:25 am

Mordheimer wrote:

Awww.

Tentacles! Go for the tentacles!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:54 pm

That tech priest looks very cool, but the tentacles are probably more nurgly, do you know whether they will scale all right?
Back to top Go down
DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:44 pm

mudboy wrote:
Mordheimer wrote:

Awww.

Tentacles! Go for the tentacles!
I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.

2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:02 pm

HAHAHAH! DOZER! You are pure, unadulterated EVIL! Twisted Evil

Well, I got the models I ordered last week. The little baby from Hell Dorado is WICKED. He IS dragging his own umbilical cord. YUCK!

The models is VERY tiny... basically the length of a Space Marine arm! I don't know if it is good enough. The little imps are cute and even smaller... prob the size of a Space Marine torso. The 'larger' Imps look like full grown petite women (breastessess), but I could work with some GS. Add some tentacles on them.

Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm

That model is sick (in every way!).

My choice = tentacles. They will be superb for all sorts of projects. I might have to buy one of those models for the bits.

Cool ideas Mord!

Laney:D

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Time for an update.

1. Pictures later (possibly tomorrow).

2. RANT: I think I despise all you people who can sculpt. The more I try it, the harder it gets! Mad Why? I'm trying to sculpt bat-wings for the Cherubim.... AGHHHHH!!!! Little Frustrated Let me put it this way; this evil baby is TINY. I have seen 6mm Tanks bigger than this guy. I spent 2 hours (combined time) at work making a paper-clip armature (yes, you read it right... PAPER-CLIP SIZED FRAME), then covered it with GS. I was inspired by Laney's cape. I want to strangle Laney for putting the idea on my head. How the hell he did that? I have no idea. Maybe my problem is that each wing is 3/4" long and 1/2" wide. So I worked on veins for the wings... details as Narcissus demands. F#%K!!! I desisted of the idea (after being forced to restart a 3rd time). Then I remember that sculpting for Nurgle is like building vehicles for Orks... no need for attention to detail; put some stuff together painted red or putrid and keep on going. Then I remember the master's Nurgle models. I think I will mail 'someone' a bomb by mail. I also made a small servo-arm with another paper-clip. All looks good... and by good I mean VERY crappy. I even tried to do one of those crazy faces DeafNala sculpts... I want to vomit, just remembering my frustration. You get some hate too buddy!

3. RANT x2: I brought the pieces home, only to discover that the wings are too big. WTF?!?!?! TOO BIG?!?!? Little Frustrated Yeap. The correct size should be 1/3" long and 1/4" wide. I think I need one of those robots that make micro surgery just so to work this. How the hell I'm going to pull this off? I have no idea.

4. RANT, Super-Sized: I want to bash the brains out of the giant prick who thought it was 'cool' to "push your hobby limits" for the Prisoner Exchange. The pressure of doing something good is getting to me! AHHHH!!!! Ohhh... wait. It was me. I need to pay a visit to the Suicide Booth.

5. Now, I feel much better. I still hate some people, but mostly people that are not in this forum. Mostly. Yes, I'm looking at you mudboy and Dozer! Just Kidding

6. I guess the sculpting exercise did not went that bad. I'm actually kindda proud of what I did, even if I can't use any of it. Today I will try to make more little wings.

7. I decided to use the evil baby. This means I have to change the pose of the Commander.

Wish me luck!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Today at 1:43 am

Back to top Go down

Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next