The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Good Luck Buddy ;-)
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 pm

You can do it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Good luck Mord!

Nice Waterboy quote Gatlag!

Very Happy

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:12 pm

Laney wrote:
Nice Waterboy quote Gatlag!

Very Happy
Hehe
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Hehehe... ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I just arrived home (it is 9:30pm) and I'm happy to inform that I made a new pair of smaller wings. It took me less time (just one hour, spread out through the day)... and they don't look half bad. I guess that practice does makes perfect (although my wings are FAR from perfect!)

I also 'discovered' how to make the 'tearing' that Laney does with his capes. The trick is near-limitless patience! If you try to rip the GS in one or two tries, you break the cloth (sculpt)... but if you hack at it 1 mm at a time over 1,000 times... well, you get the effect. I also experimented and concluded that I got cheated. Just Kidding Small sculpts are WAY harder that bigger sculpts. I wish someone had told me! Just Kidding

After I eat... picture time! So expect progress Pics, or didn\'t hap soon!!!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:25 pm

Hahaha. It is true. Small is much harder. Hence the popularity of ogre sized models! For "tearing" greenstuff I have had some success with pulling at the bottom of a section using tweezers.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:57 am

My tools for the wings were... thumbtacks!

I fell asleep yesterday... sorry! I will take pics today, after I take the kids to school.

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 am

need. pics. NOW!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Komfritten wrote:
need. pics. NOW!
As you command, Master Komfritten! Some pics for your delight... I hope!

Well, by now all of you have heard (read) me complaint about the small size of the model I will use for my Corrupt Cherubim. How small? THIS small! Compared to a Guardsman... yes, it is smaller than a lasgun! Just Kidding

The model is super tiny, but VERY well made. Here is a 360o... notice that the baby is DRAGGING his own severed umbilical cord. YUCK!

OK, now to the wings sculpts. Here is my 1st attempt... what I call the 'large wings'. They are small, but compared to the baby, they are HUGE.

This is how the Cherubim would look with the 'large' wings.

These are the 'small' wings.

Radioactive Which set of wings you like best? Your opinion is REQUESTED!!! Radioactive

Last, but not least the diorama. Because the baby is crawling, I decided that it would be best to not put him on the flying base. That umbilical cord is way too cool gross to remove. DOUBLE PUN!!! Hehehehe. I repositioned the head of the Renegade Commander a little... the rest will be done with the eyes. The remote activation will be there, but not behind the Commander's hand as I previously wanted. This would create that 'reaching towards each other' effect that we were talking about before. I may NOT do GS on the shoes, as it is way too small for my talents. the pattern I made would do with paint. I still want to put a Servo-Arm (with flame pistol), a bionic eye and some cables in the Cherubim. Last, I also started working on the bomb, which I will hide on the 1st floor. The intention is to do some OSL in the bottom.

Now... the work so far...

Well... hope you enjoyed the update. Suggestions, criticisms, ideas, encouragements and (especially) guidance is VERY welcomed!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Hmm hard choice about the wings. The small ones seems too small for them to carry his weight but the big ones might be too big when he is not mounted on the flying pin. scratch Tough call.

And he is quite small. How will you have room for both the servoarm and tentacles?

It's really cool to see it all come together.
Back to top Go down
Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Wow, that really cool. The baby is really small, no wonder you were really upset about making the wings for him Smile But I think you did great job with these. Personally I like the big wings better, though they are maybe a little bit too big for the cherub. There is one thing that might make the small wings better: thinner wire for the frame. I know it's really hard to work with such a small things, but if you are going for real perfection, you might consider that and redo it.

Anyway you really challenged yourself with these wings a you proved that you can sculpt! And I guess I can only envy you your patience ('cause working with GS always drives me crazy so I often end up with adding some boulder on the base rather than originally intended detail on the model:D ).
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:46 pm

I like the larger of the two sets. Should you opt for the smaller set I don't see the need in explaining their flight capabilities...they are after all for a Demonic Child. clown
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Love the diorama and models so far!
I would go for the small wings, I think it'll suit the little fellow better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:16 pm

@ mudboy: No Tentacles for our Corrupt Cherubim... he is crowded already. Thanks for the kind words.

@ Lazi: WHAT!?! Thank The Emperor the decision was made... my heart could not take re-making the little wings! Just Kidding

@ DeafNala: Apparently my daughter has the same thoughts as you.... GASP!

@ Gatlag: Thanks for the kind words. I'm liking the diorama too... maybe too much? Hehehehe.

My daughter has spoken...

Quote :
Use the big wings. The little wings look pathetic, specially on a Demon Baby. You want him to have big wings and be all like "Arrrggghhh!!" Ohhh, wait... a DEMON BABY?!? PAPI!! Smack
So, the LARGE Wings will be. If the models sucks at the end, blame her. (Yes... even if it is because the paints sucks. HA!)

Thanks for your opinions. I told her about the cables, and she said they were "completely unorthodox, useless, weird and stupid"... my reply? "They look cool... shut up!" She hit me on my leg...

Now I have to think about a Servo Arm. Ideas? Radioactive

Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Good call by your daughter on the wings!

On the gs - the cloak I did took ages (most of a night to get right). The tearing was done after the cloak had an hour or so to cure. It took three or four goes (taking it off and starting over) to get the cloak in the right place.

No tentacles - I was looking forward to those.

Either way, this is really looking cool Mord.

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Mordheimer wrote:

@ Lazi: WHAT!?! Thank The Emperor the decision was made... my heart could not take re-making the little wings! Just Kidding

Well, I voted for the large ones Wink Just sayin'.. you know.. next time perhaps Wink when you are making some really small wings Wink

Mordheimer wrote:

My daughter has spoken...

Quote :
Use the big wings. The little wings look pathetic, specially on a Demon Baby. You want him to have big wings and be all like "Arrrggghhh!!" Ohhh, wait... a DEMON BABY?!? PAPI!! Smack
So, the LARGE Wings will be. If the models sucks at the end, blame her. (Yes... even if it is because the paints sucks. HA!)

Thanks for your opinions. I told her about the cables, and she said they were "completely unorthodox, useless, weird and stupid"... my reply? "They look cool... shut up!" She hit me on my leg...

Yes, your daugter got it right, he's baby but he's still a demon. You need to make him.. let's say sweetly scary Wink But I disagree with your daughter on the cables - a little cabling should not hurt Wink
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Very cool, I agree the large(er) wings look the best.
The diorama really does provide a narrative, great job, the baby looks perfect!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I try not to disappoint. Shocked

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:04 am

Gentlemen... I feel thankful. I want to thank every single one of you for your ideas, criticism and support. While I can't even think to be in the same group as most of you in terms of sculpting, now I think that I can at least peek on the room. I finished the main work on my Corrupt Cherubim... and I finally understand why is that you guys sculpt. It is very difficult, but somehow satisfying. I don't have the talent, but I do have the perseverance to keep trying... thanks to all of you.

Salute THANK YOU! Salute

I pinned the large wings as suggested (or commanded... depending on who you ask) and a Servo-Arm with a flamer pistol. I also put some cables, using thin copper wire. Without further due... my Corrupt Cherubim.

Here is how the diorama is starting to look.

Enjoy. As always, criticisms, ideas, etc are very welcomed!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 am

That REALLY is VERY COOL; the sculpting is EXCELLENT...you can drop the humble act. While each piece looks fine by itself, the complete vignette is OUTSTANDING. VERY WELL DONE!

BTW, Green Stuff is highly addictive. affraid
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Sooooooo creepy!

The crawling baby is the perfect pose for what you wanted to do. The pose with the hands is perfect. Lots of character. I really like the little wings you built. They look very nice. I agree with DeafNala, the total diorama is really cool. Lots of details that tie it together nicely.

It looks like you have the base a little bit recessed in the decking. Is there any way you could get it flush? Maybe by trimming the base down a little smaller?

The cybernetics are really cool. I especially like the thin wires coming out. Especially the coil to the gun. Do you have any smaller gun bits you could use for the servo arm? The flamer is cool but possibly a bit out of proportion for the baby.

In my opinion, sculpting is all about patience and perseverance. The toughest thing is committing and getting started. Then it is just a matter of taking your time and doing each step one part at a time. Congrats on being bold and adding on to an already detailed model!

Looks good! Great work!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:32 pm

That is one creppy little baby!

It look's great. How about you just send it to me?Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:10 am

@ DeafNala: Thanks for the comments! The diorama will go with the revised story, so the Recipient (and other observers) can get the whole picture. I hope I don't screw up painting... I'm really nervous. When I paint (next!) I will be thinking about you a lot, so I keep focus. I'm aiming for the Like a Star @ heaven's !!!

@ Narcissus: ha! I'm very happy that you approve the pose! I think that the 'reaching' is exactly what we imagined. Although the head position of the Renegade Commander is not perfect, is not that bad. I will complete the effect with the eyes. People at work were asking about the 'evil baby'... hehehehe. I like the model very much... I'm having doubts of sending him! That is a good sign... when you want to keep your work, I mean. Just Kidding I don't have anything smaller for the Flamer Pistol. Sad I agree that it looks a tad big (hehehe...) but Its all I got. Sad I agree with you about sculpting and patience. When I was working on the face plate, I got the GS to 'shine' like yours... that moment became 'perfect'... I could work the GS slowly to do what I wanted. At that time, I was limited by my imagination, which incidentally is my weakness. I guess I have to start looking at models and books, so I get images, forms and shapes in my mind for future reference. Thanks for the kind words!

@ mudboy: Send the Cherubim to you? Maybe... MUHAHAHAHA!!!! Twisted Evil Anyhow, glad you got creped by it!

Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:24 am

Wow! Indeed a freaky arse baby you've got there!
Some nice GS skills Mord! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:05 pm

That's magnificient Very Happy Your patience with sculting did pay off Wink The Cherub looks ace and your diorama has a soul Wink I really like what you did on the walls - these little details are giving it a lot of character.

Mordheimer wrote:
I like the model very much... I'm having doubts of sending him! That is a good sign... when you want to keep your work, I mean.

I know what you mean Wink I have these doubts too... Plus I have few friend who are telling me to keep it or even to give the prisoner to them instead of sending it abroad Very Happy Their are real devils Very Happy But as you say - it's a good sign Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Today at 3:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next