Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Balangaz forces [pic heavy]

Go down 
+2
Stryke
balangaz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
balangaz

balangaz

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] Empty
PostSubject: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:57 pm

First of all, hello to you all. My name is Rafael, l'm from Brazil and l'm new to the painting part of the hobby, as my real passion are terrain pieces, but as l can't play a game with only terrain pieces, some painting time had to be devoted to the models.

Also, a note: I'm from Brazil, this means two things; first, my English may not be good sometimes, child-like, and you guys will have to make an effort to understand me but please, do; and second, models take a long time to get here - A LONG TIME - so I tend to work on the same models over and over until I'm satisfied. This is both good and bad since I tend to get a better-ish final piece, and it's bad because sometimes I ruin said piece trying something new with it...

Also, you won't find any great looking pieces in here, l was told l'm painting at a good tabletop quality, but l'll try to progress.

The lG

This was the reason l got into warhammer, lG tanks! After some time on ebay, got myself a couple of Tallarn and decided why not a desert strike force? Little did l know that Tallarn are so hard to get...

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0406-1
1 - 5 Storm Troopers w/ 2 Meltagun. Meltas are conversions as well as the STs. SM scout bodies with Wargames Factory heads.
2 - Marbo. lt's a reaper miniature inspired by the Gears of Wars game. He is a lot taller than a GW model, but since he won't run near my other squads it's cool.
3 - CCS w/ 2 plasma. Plasmas are conversions. Also, 2 Reaper minis, one that l'll use as a PCS commander and one l got to proxy for Al'
4 - 2 Bodyguards for my CCS. Reaper minis. Also, the first model l've ever painted.
5 - lnfantry squad A, with 3 meltaguns.
6 - A moridian lieutenant, l use him as a commissar.
7 - lnfantry squad A, with 3 meltaguns.
A - A converted Manticore, my favorite conversion.
B - 4 scratch built LRBT, with an extra turret in case l don't want to use the Demolisher or the Vanquisher.
C - A scratch bult Demolisher.
D - A scratch bult Vanquisher, my first painted tank.
Also, l have 3 Hydras being worked on, an Armored Sentinel and 3 old metal sentinels on my way, as well as an Valkyrie NOB.

Some painted pics.

The Vanquisher

Main gun. I like the burned end of the cannon, as well as the ragged look on the camo netting.
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0286-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0287-1

Chipped paint, front details
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0247-1

Aquilla and front details
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0251-1

Rusted turret details and chipped paint close up
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0252-1

Back details, rusted exhaustion pipes
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0272-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0273-1

My Assassins - bodyguards

Chest details, you can't see very well but I tried to make the center brighter to create an illusion of depth
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0267-1

You can see the NMM a little better on this dagger, can't you?
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0269-1

Test color scheme for the infantry. Since l don't have skin color, or black, had to stop until l can get some... The shemaghs will have different colors on them, some red, some green, some blue but most will be just plain white. Guns will be red/metal.

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0403-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0401-1

The Nids

lnspired by BTP's studio nids, l made these. l gotta say l love painting bugs, as well as this color scheme!

Here's some pics for y'all

Converted Swarmlord. l used 2 fex heads, plasticard, 6 tyrant arms, trygon torso and lower part and 2 ogre monster tails.

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0312-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0314-1-1

Tyrant guard

WlPs
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0321-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0322-1

Final piece
click for a larger pic
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0374-1

Termagants

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0325-1

A close-up. I found a very bright pink that makes for a great highlight. I took a comparison picture with an old finished, but the lighting was crap...
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0324-1

A gift. It's different, but the thought's what count
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0328-1

l think this is all for now, l'll update this as l work on the models! Thanks for your time guys!
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:50 pm

i like your tyranids, very cool! I was going to do another space hulk after my imperial fists/daemons with Imperial guard and tyranids, inspired by the film aliens,(my fav movie!)

nice modelling, welcome to the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Love the IGs! The tanks are specially nice looking! I like the chipped paint effect. Will keep it in mind for me to steal be inspired by. Your Tyranid scheme is very nice... although I have a personal preference for natural colors.

The WiP on your men is quite promising. Thanks for sharing your work! VERY IMPRESSIVE! Keep up updated!

PS: Your English is fine. Mine is child-like, not because it is a foreign language for me too... but because I can only think like a child! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:13 am

Always cool to see others work...

IG: Ace camo netting and weathering on the vanquisher. Cool to see the Tallarn getting some love out there (I personally hate painting metals models - but I think that's all they come in).

Tyranids: Love the pink-purple transition. It creates a real irridescent feel on the outer carapace, just like a real bug - very eye catching and the blue-green spot colour works great too. You have a very tidy style (unlike mine).

Any more?

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:55 am

Very cool Guard. Are you trying to compensate for something with that Russ conversion, though...? Wink
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:54 pm

@arachas Not me, but Pask sure is though. Don't worry, the other cannons are just right ;D

The Tallarn color scheme test is just how l want it to be, though people think the gun should not be the most eye-catching part of the mini. l'll post pics later though
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:27 am

Guys, I'm going to try my hand at a tournament, it doesn't have to be all painted but it does have to be WYSIWYG, and I made a list, the theme is "everything I have"

There will be 2 objective matches and one kill point, and most of my opponents will be mechanized but for a couple of nids and an Ork.

HQ and Heavy slots killed are worth more since they untie even scores.

Plan is on the first game (3 objectives) to camp one of the Vets on the home objective (I could replace the 3 meltas with a lascannon or autocannon maybe) and use the wall of AV14 to lead my other squad, that may be inside a vendetta, to the middle objective. I was thinking of loading the vendettas with the HQ and a Psyker squad Second game I have no chance of winning since it's 5 objectives, I'll just have to keep my 2 home objectives and try to wipe the other guys out of his objectives.

You guys think I should replace the HQ with 2 Lord Commissars with camo cloak, lose the forward sentries on the vets and save me 40 points? I could then shave another 20 points off somewhere and get me a marbo, even though I dislike deepstrikers... I just think that maybe the CCS is better because I'll be facing a lot of SM armies and will have nids, SW and other flavors of SM dropping down on the board.

Also, think I should get some HK missiles on the tanks, that way I can have a long first turn shooting phase?

Quote :
Imperial Guard List
2000 Points (total 1995)
Theme: "all I have"

HQ: Company Command Squad (7#, 180 pts)
1 Company Command Squad (3 Melta, Medic, Officer of the Fleet, Carapace, Camo Cloacks)

Elite: Psyker Battle Squad (9# 100 pts)
1 Overseer
8 Psykers

Troops: Veteran Squad (10#, 160 pts)
10 Veterans (2 Plasma, Carapace, Forward Sentries)

Troops: Veteran Squad (10#, 160 pts)
10 Veterans (3 Melta, Carapace, Forward Sentries)

Fast: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#, 130 pts)
1 Vendetta

Fast: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (2#, 130 pts)
1 Vendetta

Fast: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#, 130 pts)
1 Vendetta

Heavy: Leman Russ Squadron (3#, 450 pts)
3 Leman Russ Battle Tank

Heavy: Leman Russ Squadron (2#, 300 pts)
2 Leman Russ Battle Tank

Heavy: Leman Russ Squadron (1#, 255 pts)
Leman Russ Vanquisher (Pask, Lascannon, Extra Armor, Camo Netting)
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:10 am

Since I'll be attending a tournament this saturday I decided it was high time I painted my Vendetta proxies. Only after I finished and took some pictures I noticed that I took horrible pictures this time...

This is the "day time" Vendetta. It's painted like the tank but with some changes. This time I did some pre-shading with the airbrush and used a lot more wash. Also, instead of paint I used pencil graphite. It does not look very good on the pictures but you can see the paint burn as well as some metallic shine.

Also, at first I painted all the wires and details on the hull, red/yellow/blue/orange wires and the likes, but when I finished it looked so busy it was a mess, so I painted over most of them and only left ones on the middle of the top of the hull, so it can be a center point to grab the eyes.

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0415

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0417

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0416

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0418

The "night time" vendetta. At first this was painted just like the other one but then I decided to try that 'two colors scheme' where the top is one color and the bottom is another, but even with the masking tape and newspaper I made a few mistakes. Instead of trying to touch them up, I decided to live with them and see what I could do with a black model.

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0419

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0420

Two weeks from now I'll be able to use the airbrush again, then I'll try some OSL from the lights (blue on the first and green on the second), so let's hope it'/ looks good!

Also, 4 objectives markers. Tried to get the glowing effect but I wasn't very successful, but for a first try I kinda liked it.

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0421
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Had my first 40k game today, have to admit that I liked. The guy had a non optimized Tau list, so it was a bit one sided. The Vendettas were amazing against Armor 2+, but my Vanquisher wasn't all I was hoping for, it was good only as a fire magnet. I have to say, 5 LRMBT are amazing on the table, it was almost point-click-destroy...

From the hobby point of view, the tanks and vendettas were very well received, they enjoyed the paint job a lot. I'll try to speed up and get all the LRs painted so I can have some eye candy on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:41 pm

GREAT Objective Markers! You pulled them off nicely! And your Vendettas are NICE!!!!
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:09 am

Thanks Mord, the objectives are not how I would like them to be but they will be one day...

Arachas wrote:
Very cool Guard. Are you trying to compensate for something with that Russ conversion, though...? Wink

Just found this tank here. Now here's someone trying to compensate for something...

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] Wh_stellan_frilagd

Anyhow, here's something I've been working from yesterday. My new Vanquisher/Demolisher, based on a German Hetzer Tank Destroyer, with some extra side armor and (after priming) some camo netting.

I have to admit that the vanquisher let me down on my first game, even with Pask and a lascannon on it it only managed to hit a crew stunned. It did serve as a fire magnet, but i believe that a Demolisher would have done more for less points. Now I can test my theory!

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] IMG_20120209_221010-1

Newer picture with the extra armor.

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] IMG_20120210_035512-1
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:29 am

Cool Idea... put the extra barrel if you want to use the Lascanon! The armor would need some rivets to make it look like the non-extra armored tanks.
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:35 am

Rivets! Why did it have to be rivets!

But Mord, the extra armor on WW2 tanks didn't use to have rivets on the outside, they used to be clean sheets of metal placed to combat Soviet AT rifles. They specifically cover the small gap between the top of the road wheels and the start of the upper hull, where the most vulnerable parts were. Mine had to go all the way down because on GW tanks the upper part is already covered by some tank armor. See:

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] Brumbar

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] Sturmpanzer-iv-brummbarr

Can this be considered a good excuse not to put any rivets there or not? All attempts on riveting something were disastrous for me so far, that's the real reason I'm putting it off...

EDIT: Let me ask you guys something.

I have 3 tanks now with the details painted red like the following picture. I wanted them to blend with the troops who'll have red lasguns, but my question is should I paint the other 2 russes with blue details so I can differentiate the tank squads or should I paint them red as well and use transfers to number them?

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] IMG_20120210_042058-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] IMG_20120210_041917-1
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Ohhh! OK! No rivets. Smile

You could paint Red STRIPES, similar stripes for similar Squadrons.
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:17 pm

@Mord I'm thorned between going for same red with only the track guard painted and stripes on the middle of the side hull or same pattern with the back track guard painted as well.

Got my hands at a cheap AoBR Dread and since the unit that most caught my eye and I fell no Space Wolf army should not have was Björ. I know he is overpriced and not that affective but I just loved the idea, so I tried my hand at that conversion.

Still need some GS fur over his Plasma arm and right shoulder but here is the overall look. Both arms, banner and scroll on the back will have magnets, still deciding if I'm gonna keep the dangling fur bits on the front, they feel too fragile.

He used to be like this
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] IMG00003-20120214-1719-1

Now he is like this. He had a lot of work done and I liked the end result. Don't think I'll be GS him anytime soon since I have zero experience with GS and the fear of .ruining what I have is too great.

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0423-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0425-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0426-1
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:58 am

Awesome bit of converting - Bjorn looks superb - much more dynamic than the GW model - look forward to seeing a painted version.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:03 am

For you Laney, it is finally here. It's still a WIP but hey, it's better than nothing!

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0499-1-1

Been really busy lately but finally I'm finding time to paint (I'm now sleeping only 4h/day at max for this). Also, got my hand at a 'Eye of Terror' codex for the 13th company pics and extra fluff.

Here are some more pics of WIPs and finished pieces.

Finished Wolf Guard
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0492-1-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0494-1-1

Finished Long Fang Sergeant. I have a pic of his auspex and I tried to get a computer screen effect, if I find it I'll post it =p
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0496-1-1

WIP Grey Hunter
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0497-1-1

Now, let's finished my prisoner!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:09 am

The Dreadnought is pretty cool... but I like the Wolf Guard the best. The model looks a little bit shinny. What are you using to seal it? I found it best to seal with Vallejo's Satin Finish... no shine, unless I put some Gloss Finish on a specific section.

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi Rafael, welcome to Death Squads! You do fantastic work love your tanks! And your dread looks tooooooo kool!l

EDIT #1: OH my just do not no what to say about your wolf gaurd, long fang and the grey hunter!!!!! lol

EDIT #2: Who ever told you that your painting was at a good tabletop quality, was crazy, your work is FANTASIC! lol

Mordheimer Edit: Please avoid double and triple posting. Please just EDIT your last post. Merged posts.

Last edited by Mordheimer on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Mordheimer Edit: Please avoid double and triple posting. Merged posts.)
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:28 am

I'm using nothing so far Mord, maybe that's why they are a little bit shiny. I'm still looking for a good sealer and unfortunately Vallejo's supplier here on Brazil decided that we don't need products no more. All the stores that sell paints only have old stock and we can only find strange and abnormal colors that no one seems to need (for 4x the price on maelstorm =/).

I'm thinking about using automotive resin to seal the models, just need to go visit my father-in-law paint shop to test this product.

Devo88, people on the local forum gave me a 'tabletop 3' level, one under the best you can get. I'm hoping to change their opinion on the matter with my Space Wolves but they still don't get very much impressed with my work.

On a lighter side I got my first commission painting, and the best part is that it isn't a wargaming miniature lol Say hello to Kiara.

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0506-1

I'll try to get a real nice glaze on the dress so it goes from dark green to lime, but I still don't know what colors to do on the wings. I really liked her skin color, it's light but not too much and it has a lot of transition. Unfortunately my picture-taking skills are only getting worse so you'll just have to trust me on this.

There was a little leak on the paint from her eyes but I got it fixed after taking this picture (the next one is already fixed). I really liked the flower on her head though. Also, tryed - and failed miserably - to paint make up, if ony one have any tips on the subject. Maybe the fact that I know nothing about make up sets me back a little bit...
Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0509-1

Balangaz forces [pic heavy] DSCF0510-1

Also, I'll have my pretty prisoner ready this sunday. Since I only got my camera today and the model is at my father-in-law's shop I can't get pics up but I'm having difficulties getting the ciaro-escuro effect on the mini while keeping the dark room effect...
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 am

Helloooo Kaira!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:55 am

1st... my new niece's name is Kiara.

2nd... gorgeous model.

3rd... from the 90's cartoon, The Animaniacs...

Hello, Kiara!

Your paint quality is great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balangaz forces [pic heavy]   Balangaz forces [pic heavy] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balangaz forces [pic heavy]
Page 1 of 1