Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log

Go down 
+11
Arachas
Da Bank
mudboy
balangaz
Komfritten
Gatlag Stonetooth
DeafNala
Narcissus
Mordheimer
Matt12z
Laney
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log Empty
PostSubject: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi All,

I've started my prisoner. I've chosen him from a vast number of incomplete projects that I have hanging around (pics tomorrow).

So far I have a basic body outline (he's based on a space marine servitor body) that needs a lot of tidying up (mostly gap filling). Last time round I went conversion heavy - this time I want the painting to be the focus.

He'll be on a 25mm base which I hope to magnetise to a 60mm base on which (I've built the framework) I'm putting a spaceship/hulk corridor, with a removable door. I also want to put a couple of servo skulls on the piece to monitor his progress and I'm debating whether or not to light the piece with an LED or go for loads of OSL in the painting (I may also make the servo skulls removable - we'll see).

The first for this project I hope will be: breaking out the spraygun, taking some decent photos of the final piece in a lightbox with my new camera.

I also want to improve my OSL skills and maybe try a little NMM (depends how the time goes).

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:40 pm

wow...just wow.

I was just going to use a paintbrush.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Holy cow, Laney....!!!! Shocked For me, making the conversion would be challenge enough... but you are taking a shot at OSL? You are my hero! And maybe NMM? Just the fact that you mentioned it (I dare not to dream it!) puts you at the Chuck Norris Level (which incidentally is a level below DeafNala).

Least to say... I will be watching this! WOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWO!!!!! :bouce:
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 pm

The corridor is a cool idea. I've thought about making some nice corridors before but the work seems overwhelming. Building it as a diorama makes it much more achievable. Should be very cool.

LEDs and OSL are both very cool. Doing the OSL would probably push your painting skills more. For large area OSL I have seen some cool effects using a spray gun.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:51 am

I've built the corridor and door (pics later Mord) and I'm currently working on a weapons locker - one side of the corridor will the external and the other suggesting an internal room, similarly one side of the door is going to be typical space hulk, while the other will be chaos infested (it is a lot to pack on to a 60mm base).

OSL it is - no LEDs (we'll see about the non-metallic metal stuff).

One last teaser and my next post will have pics - He's carrying a plasma gun (major source of blue light).

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 am

WHAT?! You're not going to have background music & a laser light display...SHODDY JOB! Suspect It's good to know I'm not the only easily enthused Looney with a very tenuous hold on reality...well, there's Mord too. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:28 am

LED's... you know that I have been afraid of trying them. That is why I told you to do it for the Alien Table you did some time ago. Maybe I try it for my Prisoner...

Now, Laney... PICTURES!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:44 am

Sounds too good to be true!
Very curious to the outcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:01 pm

I'll try my best to produce something close to the hype!Just Kidding

So NO LEDs - but the main model is set out and the corridor rough build is complete - the external Space Hulk wall needs quite a large amount of work.

I'm planning on almost totally greenstuffing the chaos walls, leaving the other side as bare metal walls and walkways.

Any to the WIP so far!

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000023

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000024

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000025

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000026

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000027

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000028

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000029

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000030

C and C always welcome!

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Right now I'm just taking in impressions...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:33 pm

VERY NICE PIECE! The door for some bizarre reason brings to mind Let's Make A Deal 40K: AND behind Door # 2 a Psychopath with a Plasma Gun...YOU'RE TOAST! Flamethrower
Sorry about that...I blame it all on my misspent youth, such as it was. clown
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:07 pm

DeafNala wrote:
VERY NICE PIECE! The door for some bizarre reason brings to mind Let's Make A Deal 40K: AND behind Door # 2 a Psychopath with a Plasma Gun...YOU'RE TOAST! Flamethrower

Sorry about that...I blame it all on my misspent youth, such as it was. clown
THE FUNNIEST THING I HEARD TODAY!

The amount of work so far is VERY impressive. Damn... how you come up with this things?!?!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 am

I love the servitor and hallway. The servitor has a bad @&^ walking pose. Looks ready for trouble. The hallway will look cool and I am excited to see the layers of greenstuff. Really cool so far.
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:40 am

Loving the model! It's already got a sense of drama about it. I have a question about the corridor. How are you maintaining it's stability? Is it pinned? And will it be strong enough to survive posting?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:16 am

HAHAH!!! A Servitor... stable! HAHA! Great pun! I know what you mean... great questions.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 am

Sweeeet! Shocked
Do you already know who is going to receive this baby? That guy(/girl) is one lucky SOA! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:38 pm

@Gatlag: No idea - I just thought I'd start building - theoretically I could build a number of prisoners to go on the corridor - but I'm liking this guy (good cultist, possible guardsman, servitor, maybe at a stretch renegade - just ignore WYSIWYG). I have a bunch of these servitor bodies that might make for a new squad (it's past time for a new squad anyway! - maybe a salvage team from a rogue trader - with plenty of Mechanicus influence).

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Minor Update...

I've done a little GS work - I hope to do some more over the weekend:

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000031

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000032

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000033

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000034

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log P1000035

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm

That is a BEAUTIFUL bit of pure craftsmanship. The hallway looks to be more dangerous than the Guy with the plasma gun. GREAT WORK...the mind boggles when I think of it painted! affraid

Last edited by DeafNala on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Dude, this piece is in a whole other level, it's great!

I have to confess that I began lurking this forum because of the conversions you guys do, and this diorama is one good looking piece of work, beautiful - in a corrupted way!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Dude that's cool!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:11 pm

This is insane! I have no words... no puedo generar palabras suficientes para describir el nivel de admiracion que siento por tu trabajo! Es INCREIBLE!!!

PS: Sorry... when I'm THAT amazed, I can't think in anything other than Spanish. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks guys! Blood Angels have got in the way of too much progress. However, I should have pics of the final bits of modelling for you sometime tomorrow - paint started by the end of the week (at least that's the plan).

Any ideas on colour schemes? I was thinking - Grey on the walls (except the corrupted part) with hazard striping (very necormunda), Blue OSL on the plasma, blue-grey? spacesuit. So fairly monotone - something I've only played with before.

Anyway pics tomorrow...

I've also thought of a name for this guy - The Caretaker (sort of after a play my wife has been working on).

Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Looking good. I really like the hood on the servitor and the walking pose. Looks really good. Excited to see this painted up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next