Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log

Go down 
+12
Skeller
Kiwi
Dysturbed
Komfritten
Gatlag Stonetooth
Stryke
Da Bank
DeafNala
Laney
Mordheimer
balangaz
Narcissus
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala

DeafNala

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:58 pm

The mines look GOOD, but the bombs are COOL! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:30 pm

The bombs are Da Bomb!!! hahaha! Great objective markers too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:29 pm

After hassling the other entrants about getting their bases and dioramas flush I knew that I had to make mine fit nicely. I spent the afternoon building up the base for the diorama today.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1086
The plinth is a spray can lid. The diorama will be some urban rubble.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1090
The base nests into the plinth. You can see there is a small bomb the demolitions expert has put down and a trip wire running off behind him.

Now I need to get started on the prisoner himself. I am going away for two weeks due to a family issue, so I will try to get a lot done in my two days this week.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:44 am

Wow... no kidding about perfect fit! Yikes... you are setting the bar high for me! Cool work!!!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:35 am

Splendid work! How did you think of that?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:32 am

LOOKIN' GOOD! What a Face
What kind of gravel did you use?
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:51 pm

DeafNala, it is some small samples of Woodland Scenics medium and fine ballast. I mostly use sand from the beach, but the different sizes of the ballast make for a nice looking mix. The thick sand on the objectives is premixed white glue and sand spread on as a paste.

I contacted Mordheimer a few weeks ago as he is my recipient and my model will be late. I had to go away for two weeks due to a family matter and so I am behind (understatement!) on my prisoner.

I started the sculpting yesterday and I am hoping to maybe get it done today (more likely tomorrow due to setting between layers). This is my first full greatcoat I have tried to sculpt. I am reasonable pleased with it so far. I am still going to add a fur lined collar and a belt.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1106

I'm going to sculpt a gas mask and russian fur hat onto him.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1107

I added a little detail to the bases and mines.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1110

What should he be holding? I have mounted a gun onto the backpack. I am not sure what he should be carrying though. Cadian arms are pretty limited. I am thinking that I might make him a drunk (and have him holding a bottle). Other thoughts were he could be holding the trip wire, or some dynamite... Any other ideas?

Mordheimier, what equipment do you think a demolitions expert/saboteur/officer for any human based force should carry? So far he will have options for a boltgun, autogun, knife, grenade, and pistol.

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:01 pm

VERY NICE sculpting...the Great Coat reminds me of the French Foreign Legion for some reason or other. The bottle/drunk idea sounds good; the few Guys I knew who handled explosives were most definitely hard drinkers. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Holy dynamite Batman! That is some great stuff!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks guys. Sorry for the dark photos. My work area is a mess at the moment.

I added a fur collar onto the coat and started the belt. I also glued on the backpack (from Secret Weapon miniatures). The backpack has a little phone built into it, so he can call his squad and tell them where not to go I guess! And to remotely trigger that trap with the little satellite. I also sculpted the mask. I still need to finish the belt, sculpt a hat, add arms, and glue on the head.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1114

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1116_2

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1116
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:50 am

WOW! I missed all of this! Honestly I don't understand how your GS is so smooth. It is amazing!

Hmmm... for weapons? For sure a bottle would be cool. Not only makes sense (only a drunk man would play with explosives in the 41st Millennium!) but could double as a Molotov cocktail! Just Kidding A nice rifle (autogun or lasgun) would be nice too.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:45 am

You didn't miss anything Mord. Both posts were today. The greenstuff is really smooth because I use chap stick as a lubricant. It really helps me to smooth it out. I also carefully layered it so I could add more detail. I have an autogun and bolter built up for it that are removable form the back pack using a magnet. So you can customize the weapons. I really need to decide what he will have in his arms though...
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:51 am

Some constructive criticism: Your GS work is superb as always, but something was bothering me about the greatcoat. It needs lapels to give it the greatcoat feel on the torso. Continuing the fur lined part into a lapel would solve that. The lower half of the coat is spot on.

That secret weapon backpack is a perfect fit.

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:11 am

Looking very good sir! Curious to the outcome!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:08 pm

Laney-do you mean extending the fur so it is more of a tapered lapel? Or a cloth lapel extending under the fur?
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Some more updates on the work.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1134
Did most of the hat. I might still add some little buckles on the side.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1125

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1135
Here you can see the autogun a bit better. It is connected with a magnet, so you can change the weapons.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1126
I added a belt buckle and some little pouches on the belt. I stuck a head on there to show how the neck area looks with a head. I think it will be fine without adding a larger lapel as the head makes the existing fur look like it runs lower down.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:19 pm

I meant your first option - making the fur lined part into a little more lapel (and maybe a higher collar at the back). The whole feel of this guy is very cool (puts my gs work to shame!). Loving the valhallan style hat.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:43 pm

I might do that Laney (extending the fur lapels). I'll see how it looks with the head first.

I added some arms. I am still going to add some fur cuffs and some type of shoulder pad. I haven't decided what style of shoulder to do yet though.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1136

Arms are holding a bottle and a bundle of wire (used for demolition trip wires on the scenic base and the booby traps). I might make him some mittens too. I haven't decided yet. I also need to add some belt loops.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1137

Any thoughts on shoulder pad style?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:47 pm

This is a piece of art. Fantastic, clap, clap.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:17 am

This thing is RIDICULOUS! I have no words to describe how awesome this looks.

Mittens: HAHAH! Demolition Expert with mittens = Nuclear

Shoulder Pads: scratch The coat is so cool!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Glad you like it Mord. It is all for you.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1138
I attached the head today and sculpted a scarf under it (it adds height to the torso which looked short and the ear flaps wouldn't fit slush onto the torso). I added a belt end and two belt loops. I also sculpted fur at the end of the jacket sleeves. I also blended the arms into the torso. I really want to add shoulder pads, so I have a place do to red armour as a spot colour.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1141
Cheers! I am imagining that he is taking a rest after setting up the bomb on the diorama and hears an explosion in the distance. He holds up his bottle in a salute to his anonymous fallen adversary.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm

I added shoulder pads. I think they are from the heavy weapons team box or from tank crew or something. I think the shoulder pads really clean up the proportions in many ways. This model should fit in better with other GW models now.

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1144

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 IMG_1146
Shown here with optional knife/sword.

All that is left for the conversion is to add a cable to the mask. I may also do a little work bulking up the fur collar as well.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:48 pm

If only I could sculpt like that. Mord is a very lucky dude....
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Wow man, this is gonna be one sweet arse piece!
Keep it up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:08 pm

I want this for my collection. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log   Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narcissus' Prisoner Exchange log
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next