The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Painboy and Weirdboy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
domatron



Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : Glasgow, Scotland

PostSubject: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:46 am

Since I'm a bit strapped for cash I had to really scrounge to put these two dudes together but it was dead fun anyway.

Painboy:
took a basic boy and cut him up real good

Bionic leg - axe hilt and tomb king skull with healthy dose of green stuff

'urty syringe - necron gauss gun, green stuff and a few bits a pieces

amputatin' claw - power fist and some necron blades




(painboy on the left)

Weirdboy:
Runtherder conversion

Gave him some squigg head gear to keep that big ol' brain from oozing out and combined various bits to make his staff




Back to top Go down
Arachas



Posts : 1880
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Secret Volcano Lair in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:40 am

Holy crap that's a crispy paint job. Well done!!

_________________
The one who changes Avatars, Usernames and Squads more than Lady Gaga changes costumes

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Lazi



Posts : 210
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 28
Location : Prague, Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:00 am

Marvelous paintjob, indeed. And I really like the conversions you made. Bionic leg on the Painboy is just ACE!!! Really cool idea with the skull. Also the staff looks a bit weird which is great for Weirdboy Wink
Back to top Go down
domatron



Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : Glasgow, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm pretty happy with my painting but as always, I can do better.

As for that staff.... the way the weirdboy is balanced, the staff keeps tipping him over so I might trim it down.
Back to top Go down
Arachas



Posts : 1880
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Secret Volcano Lair in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:27 am

Stick a coin under the base - fixed. Smile

_________________
The one who changes Avatars, Usernames and Squads more than Lady Gaga changes costumes

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Matt12z



Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-12-05
Age : 32
Location : Bedfordshire, England

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:10 pm

A coin would detinately sort out the balance. 2p piece is slightly too big for a 40k base, but a 20p should have the right weight!
Back to top Go down
domatron



Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : Glasgow, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Nice one, didn't think of that..

Awesome, that'll let me put more crap on his staff!!! Buahaha
Back to top Go down
Lazi



Posts : 210
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 28
Location : Prague, Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 pm

domatron wrote:
Nice one, didn't think of that..

Awesome, that'll let me put more crap on his staff!!! Buahaha

You should keep that wired-thingie - I like it. The staff looks weird because of the "claw" thing IMO, not the very top of the staff Wink
Back to top Go down
Laney



Posts : 3352
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 40
Location : Colchester, Essex, England

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Excellent, well painted conversions - the painboy in particular is really cool.

The burna boy conversion beats that though - superb (perfect burna).

I know what Lazi is saying about the claw parts on the weirdboy - but with a little plasticard that whole bit could make a very cool face of mork (or whichever ork god is the sneaky one).

Cheers Laney

_________________
I thought the acolytes of Khorne were supposed to be warriors, not a bunch of pansies.
— Commissar Ciaphas Cain, to a Khorne Berserker, during the Chaos attack on Adumbria
Back to top Go down
Lazi



Posts : 210
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 28
Location : Prague, Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Laney wrote:

I know what Lazi is saying about the claw parts on the weirdboy - but with a little plasticard that whole bit could make a very cool face of mork (or whichever ork god is the sneaky one).

Oh, I didn't noticed that it already looks like orkish face.. That gives me whole new perspective Smile Then, maybe just making the joining tips more "solid" (hope you know what I mean) might do the trick Wink Now it just looks too fragile (not very orkish style Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer



Posts : 9756
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 43
Location : Elizabeth City, NC (USA)

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Love your Boyz! The conversions are ace... The syringe i so out of proportion that it looks PRECISELY as (horrifyingly) big as an Ork 'medic' would approach you. Shocked HAHAH! Great conversions!

The only thing I did NOT liked... to few pictures! You are a VERY cruel man domatron... only 1 photo per model!?!?! It would be cool to see them in different angles too!

But beggars can't be choosy... I take the SCRAPS you post with pride and gratitude. Thanks for sharing... [mumble]even if it is only one pic per model.[/mumble]

_________________
.
The Mordheimer - Death Squads' Chief Editor & Ninja Designer. Bursting with ARACHAS' Dev-Powah™! Puke
Can't wait until someone invents a time machine so I can go to the specific day in the past that I volunteered for this, so I can kick my own ass.

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus



Posts : 973
Join date : 2010-10-15
Location : Vancouver, BC

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Very nice conversions. The smoke is a nice touch and not too over the top. I really like the weirdboy pose (crazy weirdboy!). The peg leg is very cool on the painboy. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney



Posts : 3352
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 40
Location : Colchester, Essex, England

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:53 am

How did I miss the Squig Helmet? - Genius! The weirdboy is even cooler than first time round.

Very Happy

_________________
I thought the acolytes of Khorne were supposed to be warriors, not a bunch of pansies.
— Commissar Ciaphas Cain, to a Khorne Berserker, during the Chaos attack on Adumbria
Back to top Go down
domatron



Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : Glasgow, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 am

Laney wrote:
Excellent, well painted conversions - the painboy in particular is really cool.

The burna boy conversion beats that though - superb (perfect burna).

I know what Lazi is saying about the claw parts on the weirdboy - but with a little plasticard that whole bit could make a very cool face of mork (or whichever ork god is the sneaky one).

Cheers Laney

Thanks man, for that burna I took a space wolves heavy flamer and elongated it a bit.

I was aiming for an orky face with that staff:
In the box you get one of these


and one of these:


Put em together and you get a face (sort of)

Cheers again man
Back to top Go down
domatron



Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : Glasgow, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:48 am

Lazi wrote:
Laney wrote:

I know what Lazi is saying about the claw parts on the weirdboy - but with a little plasticard that whole bit could make a very cool face of mork (or whichever ork god is the sneaky one).

Oh, I didn't noticed that it already looks like orkish face.. That gives me whole new perspective Smile Then, maybe just making the joining tips more "solid" (hope you know what I mean) might do the trick Wink Now it just looks too fragile (not very orkish style Very Happy )

That's a pretty good idea man, I do need to make the staff more 'chunky', it looks like it would snap if he whacked a grot with it

I'll post some updates soon.
Back to top Go down
domatron



Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : Glasgow, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:52 am

Mordheimer wrote:
Love your Boyz! The conversions are ace... The syringe i so out of proportion that it looks PRECISELY as (horrifyingly) big as an Ork 'medic' would approach you. Shocked HAHAH! Great conversions!

The only thing I did NOT liked... to few pictures! You are a VERY cruel man domatron... only 1 photo per model!?!?! It would be cool to see them in different angles too!

But beggars can't be choosy... I take the SCRAPS you post with pride and gratitude. Thanks for sharing... [mumble]even if it is only one pic per model.[/mumble]

Much obliged Sir!

I'm holding off on posting too many pics atm as I'm a lazy wee painter and haven't flocked the bases and touched up the dodgy bits Very Happy

I'll get to it asap

Cheers again man
Back to top Go down
conscriptboris



Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Gibraltar

PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:58 pm

looks good mate, need to get down to it and decide the direction im going in....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Painboy and Weirdboy    Today at 12:35 am

Back to top Go down
 
Painboy and Weirdboy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Ork mob
» Orks vs IG vs Eldar.
» Painboy on warbike
» Ork Painboy and Independent Characters

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: