Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The downside of school....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

The downside of school.... Empty
PostSubject: The downside of school....   The downside of school.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 pm

I know, i have said before that I want to get back into D.S and I honestly do but with my time being consumed by school as im in my last year of GCSe's it is hard and to be honest I cant remember the last time I picked up a model or even my paintbrush Sad

One of my new years resolutions was to do something more creative rather than spend the spare time I do have on the computer and I decided why not get the models out and do them gradualy, im not making promises for much activity but I will try.

the good news: as it was my birthday recently i recieved some money and I have some spare and I might even get a lil area in my house and just dedicate it to D.S, any suggestions on what I could start as a project or just any ideas in general please please please reply to this.

money I have around £200 but dont want to spend over £100 but any list ideas for a cheap project is great!

thanks W-O-T-W
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The downside of school....   The downside of school.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi WOTW,

Maybe after your exams we could play a couple of post exam DS battles (how's it all going by the way?). If you are after getting your money to go a long way - a battleforce box is a good place to start for a DS/GW squad (lots of options for modelling and all plastic) - you could even turn to the dark side of the eldar.

If you want something different see what warhammer has to offer (or even one of the other games like warmachine (see LGWs thread) or Malifaux. Anyone know much about that apart from the cool models (I want a table of their cool card terrain from Worldworks)?

I don't know if that helps you at all.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The downside of school....   The downside of school.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:56 pm

the other options are to visit bitz shops online and pick and choose the parts you want.

I spent a crap load of money recently on bitz to make 2 BFG fleets, A Dark Elf Blood Bowl Team, and have some bitz left over incase I need to make some thing.

It may work out a bit more expensive but at least you will get the head, torso, legs, and arms off different models to make that ONE unique character for your squad.

try these places:

Bitz Barn
Let the Dice decide

Let the Dice Decide is in the U.K so p&p won't cost you alot and Bitz Barn is in the U.S

you could easily make a couple of decent squads with a $100GBP. if not more ..... be creative.... buy some random bitz as well for
other projects or for just in case you get a brainwave of an idea.

hope it works and let us know how it goes.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: The downside of school....   The downside of school.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 pm

cheers guys Smile

@Laney: all is good on track to get A's B's and a couple A*'s and that would be good I might be a bit rusty but would be a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The downside of school....   The downside of school.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The downside of school....
Page 1 of 1