The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Looking awesome, you're almost painting an entire squad!
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Amazing stuff - someone is very lucky!

Laney:D

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Wow! Someone will be VERY lucky!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:49 am

Personally I think Maxmini is too expensive, but the bits are definitely goodlooking.

Looking good there, mudboy. Smile

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:43 pm

All the models(except for grot) is going to be playable. Extra bonus for my recipent drunken

The psyker is made from the lower body of the plastic WHFB Chaos sorcerer and torso from a skaven stormvermin. He will have a really creepy head and some ghoul arms so he looks like he's about to conjure up some devastating psychic power! If I can find a good way to do it I might try and place some lightning effects in his hands.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:42 pm

I've begun building the base for the diorama. I had no idea about how or where to begin so I ended up just starting the same way as I would with a piece of terrain. Start with the big things like the wall, oildrum and tank turret and the work my way down towards the smaller details later. So far it looks like this:

Ohh and the psyker is giving me a headache! I just can't figure out his arms. The ghoul arms looked fugly. The staff looked fugly. The tentacles looked fugly. Only thing he's got going is his head. It's from the stormvermin musician drum and I have been waiting for a good way to use it.

Any idea's about the arms would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers:D
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:46 pm

what about removing one arm and replace it with tentacle? wrapped around this staff?
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Tentacles are cool.

You could find a human arm and cut it to fit a bit. Take a cadian arm, cut off shoulder pad, fit it in place. The storm vermin body is tough because it is so different around the shoulders.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:14 am

Very cool! The head is WAY cool! I agree that making a tentacle (TENTACLE... not the other "T" word!) would work for one appendage. Then then shoulder pad idea is GREAT!

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks for the input guys. I'll see what I can come up with Smile
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:00 am

I thing the stormvermin arms are to... bulky / big... makes him look like a combat monster...

Maby, flaggant arms with ghoul hands. Just cut them at the wrist, that might give you the right look.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Cool looking psyker - where's the head from?

Adding a vote for the tentacle thing too (as long as it has suckers!)

Laney:D

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Awesome diorama!
So many models...you are insane!

I can remember an arm/tentacle (metal arm with a hammer I thought) from a mordheim possessed which would suit well. I think I should have one laying somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:46 am

If you want to go for more human arms, I strongly recommend the empire militia box set. A good mix of arms which are easily adapted.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:51 am

I've tryed almost every arm in the GW range and more than a few from other company's. So far the best look comes from the ghoul arms wich was my first idea so I think I'll stick with them.

The tentacles is a good idea but I sculpt worse than mordheimer. Seriously I made some hair for some marines and they all ended up looking like freaking Snookie!!

But I got a little idea about some voodoo
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:08 pm

I finally found something I'm happy about. The Voodoo Psyker from Ironstead is almost ready for paint. Just a few touch ups to go:

Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Looking good.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:30 pm

WOW... creepy baby (part duex)!!! Very cool arms!

Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Very creepy!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:32 pm

I just realized you used foamcore to set up your scene. That is a great idea that I might need to borrow.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:02 am

Yes it's easy to work with and it had the same heigth as a base so it was perfect for this project.

And I have begun painting the first few models. The two main characters will be the last to hit the brush as they are the most challenging. That black coat on the commisar is going to be a tricky one.

Back to top Go down
Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Oh my... You are really going big! Like it was not enough there are already five miniatures, you are adding a part of gaming table?! Shocked AMAZING cheers
Your recipient is one lucky guy Smile
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:29 pm

damn, next year, if it goes that way, we schould rename the event for mercenary army hiring or something...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 pm

dr!zzt wrote:
damn, next year, if it goes that way, we schould rename the event for mercenary army hiring or something...
HAHAHA! How about The Death Squads Table Exchange (blame mudboy) Event? HA! I tell you... YOU ARE INSANE!

Great job... thanks for sharing your insanity.

Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Okay, next year we'll trade gaming tables... craaaaap

He he, we where supposed to push our limits so that's what I have done. I have never made a diorama before and this was the perfect opportunity to try it. It's been really fun making all the little things match up and work out how I could do the things i wanted to do.

I just hope my recipent will be happy to have a square foot of useless, wood, foam, plastic, sugar, cardboard and glue on his shelve

I finished painting the first two guys. I made them very simple as they are not the main characters:

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!   Today at 3:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Mudboy's Prisoner Log. FINISHED. Updated with even more pictures!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next