Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings From New Zealand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Greetings From New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Greetings From New Zealand   Greetings From New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:36 pm

hi,

found this site when I was on Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum Board.

I wanted a skirmish game that gave each person in the squad the ability to grow instead of just the officer. I was planning on do a Space crusade re-vamp [basically the Space crusade game with newer version minis] but it seems I may have to drop that and look at Death Squad instead.....

thx guys.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From New Zealand   Greetings From New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Welcome!

You know, after you read the rules and play a few games, you can help US develop this thing. Smile We are always willing to adapt to new ideas. Aquila
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From New Zealand   Greetings From New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Welcome!

You know, after you read the rules and play a few games, you can help US develop this thing. Smile We are always willing to adapt to new ideas. Aquila

I am going to make up an Adeptus Arbites squad and go against some Eldar.

I'll make up a scenario as well and see how it goes. I got some minis coming for my Space Crusade project but thats now been dumped for Death Sqaud....great thing is there is enought bitz to make up a decent Adeptus Aribites squad.

Would dreadnoughts be used in the future? I got 3 dreadnoughts. One AoBR dread I have converted to space crusade [eg it can have 4 weapons]

the other two are space crusade dreadnoughts one smaller version [2 weapons] and one tall version. [4 weapons]

I'll keep my necrons though as I really like them and I have the old version of the Immortals, Destroyers plus the Space crusade androids.....Oh well I better go read the rule book....plus look at my 4th edition rules for the Adeptus Arbites, and the Necromunda version as well.

Cheers
LGW

NB: I answered in the suggestion thread and will take up the challenge of the Adeptus Arbites.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From New Zealand   Greetings From New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Before you design anything, go ahead and play with establish Squads in Campaign mode. Get a feel for the rules. I would suggest playing IG Cadian vs IG Cadian... it will give you the 'sense' of the little changes that make Death Squads so tactically different than other skirmishes. Make sure to play with the grenades... lots of fun!

Give feedback on your experiences... good and bad. This way we will know if TLRB is well written or if we need to make revisions. Once you can call yourself a Death Squad vet, then we can talk about design. We have learned quite a bit in this project. One thing, is to design backwards. WTF?!? Hehehehe.... most people who design Warbands (for Mordheim) attack the problem by making units and stats first, then jamming the round peg on the square whole. We must design from fluff (form) to get to the stats (function.)

Unlike Mordheim (which has 15 warbands, 12 which are human), we have other races to think about. Ask Styrofoamking... just like you, he wanted to design a Rogue Trader Squad and we flipped him several times on his head. We are a tough crowd... MUHAHAHAH! Once we managed to convince him to get out of the box... OHHH BOY! The concept that he has for the Rogue Traders is... well, revolutionary. Simple, yet unique. Right now it is all on a diaper-stage (he has still a chance to mess it all up!), but he got us all giddy! I'm already looking for models. Wink Arrrgh!

Learn the game... help us with TLRB, Scenarios and so on. Once we know you understand the concepts and have met the Contributor requirements, we will be more than happy to help YOU make the Squad. Wink

PS--> Sorry... no Dreadnaughts... except a dancing one --> Dreadnought
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From New Zealand   Greetings From New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm

thx

I am getting the rules printed soon will have to use some other figs as proxies and see if my brother in law wants to play a game or three.

Cheers
LGW

NB:love the dancing dread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From New Zealand   Greetings From New Zealand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings From New Zealand
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: