The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Osa

PostSubject: Hello everyone   Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 pm

I stumbled across Death Squads not too long ago and from reading the posts on here and skimming the rules, the game looks pretty cool!

I played Imperial Guard during 40k's 3rd edition and had small collections of other factions as well. Since then I've gone through spurts of modeling, painting, and fluff writing but never felt too keen on returning to the game. Death Squads seems to emphasis my favorite parts of 40k (fluff writing, modeling an individualized force), so I'm very interested in getting a couple squads going and giving Death Squads a go.

I'm interested in creating either an Imperial Guard or Imperial Renegades force, as well as a Chaos force. Any suggestions for games workshop kits to build these forces?
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi Osa!

Welcome to Death Squads. Sounds like you're in the right place: fluff and individual models is what this is about!

You can really build any type of Guard list you'd like. Although there's rules a couple of regimental variants, 'counts-as' lists are just as viable (for example: I have a squad of Harakoni Warhawk droptroopers, but right now I use the Cadian list for them).

So the Cadian and Catachan boxes are the obvious first choices, considering they're relatively cheap. Look out especially for the Command Squad boxes: lots of extra bits and options to make your models look unique.

I've been chopping up some AT-43 models and been combining them with Cadian bits to make my own unique Urban Fighters. That's another idea, there's a ton of 'futuristic soldier' models out there to use.

Lastly? Check out Forgeword. Pricey, but oh so pretty. eBay!

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Salute Welcome Brother Osa!!! Salute

Welcome to Death Squads!!! Where you writing from? If you like stories and narrative games, then this is YOUR new home! The game promotes individual model conversion opportunities AND each game increases your material to write your own fiction. Check out the Battle Reports section for details!

Now, you like the Guard? You are in LUCK! Unlike the current Edition of 40k in which IG has been reduced to a general (vanilla) group, we have taken the effort to bring the GREAT platoons from old (3rd Edition!)... each with its own set of game mechanics to stimulate playing each Regional Platoon (RP) based on fluff rather than pure math. While you can play any way you want, each RP has specific rules that reward players that 'use' the RPs 'correctly. For example, Catachans tend to move slowly into Close Combat, while Death Korp tend to 'camp' behind barricades and attach structure and bombard the enemy with gas, the Mordians tend to put Infantrymen near Officers (formations) to shoot the enemy, etc.

Now... what to buy? The Cadians and Catachans (like Arachas mentioned) are great. A box of Guardsmen and a box of Command will cover a whole Squad with PLENTY of bitz! If you want for DKoK, you can go ForgeWorld or Wargames Factory (LINK). When I make my DKoK, I will probably do a mix of them... FW for the Officers! The Arternative Models and Bitz threads have EXCELLENT places where to get bitz too! Mordian type heads, backpacks and other resources.

Looking forward reading your fiction and SEEING your models! We love Pics, or didn\'t hap !!!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi Osa,

Welcome to Death Squads! It's a running joke that I only ever buy the command squads from the local GW (It isn't true - I also buy heavy weapons teams too!).

Maxmini are a great site for alternative parts (a tad expensive - but not forgeworld pricey).

Cheers Laney:D

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Today at 4:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: