Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Messing around with the airbrush...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

Messing around with the airbrush... Empty
PostSubject: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:59 pm

My friend had some machine-thingies lying around, and thought I should practice on them - so I did =)

With this one I hoped to do it fast, and with a high contrast between the airbrush and the actual brush. The mini took exactly 68 minutes to get to this stage - priming included. Thats the fastest I've done ever. Even thought it's not done yet, I would put it on the table like this (when it gets its arms) - although I would not know what game I would be plaing Just Kidding

There is no wash or inks inlcluded in the process.

Messing around with the airbrush... 20120320_205014

Messing around with the airbrush... 20120320_205024

Messing around with the airbrush... 20120320_205037

Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Hell throw a wash on that and it's done looks awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:29 pm

That is superfast - I MUST break out my airbrush!

Looks ace

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks!

Also I'm learning the vallejo air colours - they are awsome! The "aluminium" is somewhat crazy as it covers EVERYTHING!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Looks great. What colours did you airbrush it with? I'm impressed.

How have you found cleaning your airbrush so far? Mine always seems to clog up, causing me lots of wasted time. Airbrushing is fast. Cleaning is slow...
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Vallejo Air:

Olive Green
Green Zinc Chrom
Pale Green (and finish with a drop of white)

I have a bucket with water I use frequently beside my table. And I flush through with window cleaner between changing colours. I take the needle out - spray with window cleaner and wipe of with a cloth. Pit in again and new color.

At last I let it soak in some cleaning fluid / water for 15 -20 miniutes and put it away - works so far...

(I have experienced some clotting, but only when I was lazy with the clening (taking out the needle)).
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't care what air brush you use I have never not had some clotting.
We used the old Testors model masters air brush at work alot it was a tank and hardly had any problems but i think somehow it was needle-less.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:41 am

Oh! Could some moderater put this thread into the right section?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:20 am

Thread moved.

AWESOME!!! I'm short in time... but the model looks great! I will take a second look after you post an update*.

* See what I did there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:34 am

Update. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Messing around with the airbrush...   Messing around with the airbrush... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Messing around with the airbrush...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other War Games :: Lord GreyWolf's Den (Misc Games)-
Jump to: