Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cultists and what not...

Go down 
+5
Laney
balangaz
Da Bank
Mordheimer
mudboy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mudboy

mudboy

Cultists and what not... Empty
PostSubject: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:46 am

As I'm starting a new campaign soon I need a new squad (am I the only one constantly referring my to my squads as warbands?). Since I already have an IG and IR squad the next step would either be Orks or Cultists. I recently played a Gorkamorka(great fun btw) and a Mordheim campaign with Orks/Orcs and I was kind of bored with the thought of painting even more of the green bastards. So the obvious choice is Chaos Cultists and that got me a little hyped.

I have started putting together a "little" Chaos Marine using Stryke's awesome tutorial as a basis. And I also ordered a few FW Renegade bits from one of the bits stores to get even more of that evil Chaos feeling in the squad.

Anyways, here's a little picture of what I started out with:

Cultists and what not... P4160002

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:04 am

YEAY! I love to follow you projects. Many reasons:
1) You are creative and the models turn out fantastically awesome!
2) You can paint. See point above.
3) With every picture I manage to add more details about your workbench. Precision is a MUST on a heist!
4) With every picture I can update the inventory of models I need to gobble up!

Great choice about the Cultists! They are fun... AND they will go great with my future new tank. Can't wait to see you Marine!

mudboy wrote:
am I the only one constantly referring my to my squads as warbands?
Probably so... but you are special. As you have noticed, by reading TLRB, that I continue to refine my English with the aid of the dictionary (LINK). Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 am

Mordheimer wrote:
Probably so... but you are special. As you have noticed, by reading TLRB, that I continue to refine my English with the aid of the dictionary (LINK). Wink

As long as I'm 'bad special' it's all good LOL

Progress on the Marine:

Cultists and what not... P4170006-1
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Can't wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Love true scale marines,can't wait to see this done!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:06 pm

The Chaos Marine is looking cool (great choice of weapons - perfect fit). I love truescale marines (I've cheated for the next set with Chapterhouse).

Keep it coming!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Let me join the lurking Smile
Another sweet project to follow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 pm

This project is super! SKULLS FOR THE THRONE!!! Khorne
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:50 am

The Marine is coming along fine. I'm waiting for his kickass shoulderpads to arrive in the mail. And decide what head fits best.

I also chopped his hands of and made some extra. Inserted some magnets so I can change his gear as it improves. I still need to make him a plasma pistol hand and a Beserker Glaive. I'm not sure how I'll make that one. The picture in the rulebook says it's a blade but I'm thinking more in the line of a chainsaw on a long stick.

Cultists and what not... P4190009

Cultists and what not... P4190010

And here's a progress pic on a future champ with heavy bolter:

Cultists and what not... P4190004

Cultists and what not... P4190006

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:26 am

Wow! What I really like about the CSM are the magnets... Great functionality. The model is looking AMAZING! Can't wait for the shoulder pads.

PS: Thank for not putting too many spikey bits... it would be like swallowing a porcupine!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 am

Hmm, I thinks he need's a few metres of barbed wire...
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:07 am

Progress! YAY

The shoulderpads came in and they look awesome. I had to clip his backpack of as the pads were bigger than expected so I add a piece of plasticard between the torso and backpack to get that extra space.

With Beserker Glaive and Bolter:

Cultists and what not... P4230012

With Bolt Pistol and Chainaxe:

Cultists and what not... P4230013

With Plasma Pistol and Sword/Powersword:

Cultists and what not... P4230014

And Powerfist:

Cultists and what not... P4230015

I also Truescaled his weapons.
The Bolter is a Stormbolter with the twin barrels replaced with a single.
The Plasma Pistol is a shortened Plasma Gun
And the Bolt Pistol is a shortened Bolter

Cultists and what not... P4230005

And I need your oppinions on the head. His collar is pretty tight so there isn't a lot of room for many of the helmets with big horns so I have narrowed it down to these four. I would really apreciate your oppinions on this one:

Cultists and what not... P4230017 Cultists and what not... P4230018
Cultists and what not... P4230020 Cultists and what not... P4230021

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 am

It looks GREAT... the pose, the "trup scale" part, the weapons, its all just perfect.

Regarding the head, my favorite is number 2 and 3.
Number 1, is to "normal"...
Number 4 is not a bad head, I just dont think it fits the look a well as 2 and 3

-skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Brilliant true scaling Mudboy and great work on the weapons too! Very sensible to magnetise the lot. Head number 2 is a favourite.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:59 pm

True-scaling the weapons... EPIC! You are taking this thing to a whole new level of awesomeness! I would have NEVER though about it. Simply brilliant!

Heads? I like Heads... ohhh... for your model?!? Embarassed I guess #3 is my favorite if you can make it work. If not, #2. (hehehe... I said #2!)
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 am

3 definitely.
2 is too chaos undivided looking for a Khorne worshipper which i assume this guy is.
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 pm

fantastic work Smile great to see peoples adaptations on my tutorial, makes it all worth while Smile a suggestion for the head, mayb try a khorne berzerker head see how that looks, might fit in with the pads Wink

I have since remade the marine that was seen in the tutorial as i was unhappy with his body and legs, i managed to salvage the arms lol, ill post pics up when i get a chance Smile
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:30 am

Thanks for all the reply's.

I still can't decide what head to use. None of them seem angry enough. I want a head that's just full of hate!

Like an Angry Marine! Cultists and what not... Angry_marines__s_other_job_by_drakis50-d3a78np Just pure hatred for all!

I think I need to hit the bits shops...

Edit; I think I found what I'm looking for. Anyone got one of these lying around?

Cultists and what not... Chaos_possessed_head_2007_3_large
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:01 am

Yeah that is solid gold right there. I don't have any chaos though.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:52 pm

YAY! Laney had the head I was looking for and offered to send it to me. It arrived today!

Thanks mate cheers

Cultists and what not... P5120018

LANEY ROCKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:21 pm

It looks perfect on this model Mudboy! This is one exceptional Chaos Marine (the rest of the squad had better match up!Just Kidding).

The head seems to have taken ages to get to you (sorry about that).

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Woah... AWESOME!!!! Model looks GREAT!
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:50 am

loving it!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:43 am

Laney wrote:
It looks perfect on this model Mudboy! This is one exceptional Chaos Marine (the rest of the squad had better match up!Just Kidding).

The head seems to have taken ages to get to you (sorry about that).

No problem, I've been busy with resin casting and 3D so I haven's had time to anything with the squad anyway. And I hope the rest of the squad will look as cool as this ANGRY HEAD BASHING MARINE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cultists and what not...   Cultists and what not... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cultists and what not...
Page 1 of 1