Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Howdy from the Republic!

Go down 
+3
Da Bank
Mordheimer
Weird WWII
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

Howdy from the Republic! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Well howdy all from the great state of Texas. Names Brian and I stumbed across your corner of the net while looking at dirty pics of Slaanesh. When I checked out your mission statement I though, "These are my kinda gamers" and decided to join up. Although 40K isn't my main gaming outlet I have started to build up a small Space Marine force (Dark Knights Chapter) and a Slaanesh cult force made up of the old Necromunda Cawdor gang minis and some other stuff from here and there.

I've been gaming since Rouge Trader but left the 40K world around the mid-90s because of girls and school. Then got into gaming WWII heavy and then embraced all things Weird WWII, hence the handle. I have been involved with the Bailey Brothers Secrets of the Third Reich in its infancy as well as a beta tester for Pulp City but my baby is Battleground Weird WWII. Been modding of the excellent Battleground WWII system for ever and still to this day keep adding to it for all the fans. Until recently, I owned my own miniatures company called What The?! Miniatures that specializes in WWII and Weird WWII unique minis ans is now run by my pal Mark Mahan. I still produce some minis but only through e-Bay and in smaller quantities then before. I'm also a stanch Libertarian, old-school punk and all around Texas bastard who plans for the zombie apocalypse with my rockabilly wife and crazy kids in the middle of nowhere in the piney woods of NE Texas.

Anyway, enough of all chest beatin', I hope to add too the dialog with my future 40K endeavors and look forward to checkin' out what you guys got going down,

Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.weirdwwii.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Way too cool! Ohh... where are my manners?

Thumbs Up Welcome HOWDY Brother Weird WWII!!! Thumbs Up

Very nice to meet you! The honor to have you around is all ours. As you probably know, Death Squads is about US the fans. We try our best to make a good game, to reinforce and improve on the 40k universe experience. Although we take the work seriously, we are all about promoting the hobby and story telling.

Feel free to open new threads on the Lord GreyWolf's Den (Misc Games) about the other games (I'm interested in taking a peek!) as well as a link to the What The?! Miniatures site. We may find some stuff we like!

Anyhow, enjoy your new home!

PS: I'm an Aggie... maybe that is why we can't finish TLRB!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Welcome to the group.

Tell what to look for on Ebay so we can see the miniatures offered by your friend.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:49 am

Welcome to Death Squads!Very Happy

Laney
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:30 am

Welcome to DS!
Back to top Go down
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 pm

I'll post some pics of my minis when your 7-day internal link ban is over.

Brian
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Or post some pics.
Back to top Go down
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Here is my WWII-era Captain America and Bucky mini painted up by Alden Miranda.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:43 pm

I don't see any pictures? Something must not have worked.
Back to top Go down
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:27 pm

I can't seem to figure out this hosting thing so swing by the my Weird WWII Photobucket account and you can find my Captain America, Bucky and Red Skull mini painted up as well as some other crap. Now be warned, that is a account I use for various Weird WWII pics used on the net so their are lots of Nazis, WWWII WIP and other weird shit and no 40K as of yet.

Enjoy,
Brian

Photobucket account name "weirdwwii"
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Where about in Texas? I'm down in Houston (south-side).
Back to top Go down
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:32 am

I'm about a million years from ya up in the far NE corner of the state. Houston's got a decent gaming scene, ever been to Owl Con?

Brian
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Well boy' howdy I lived in Irving Texas for awhile! And that is where I started my 40k adventure back in 1993 right when Warhammer 40k came out! I was collecting comic books and going to the Lone Star Comic book store to get my comic book fix! And there was this big commotion in the store everybody was standing around the table so I shouldered my why in to take a peek and low and behold they were playing 40K! I have played Dungeons and Dragons before but this was much cooler! After I got a good look at 40k and how it was played I bought the Ultramarine’s codex that day! After a few days I went back and bought the 40k box set! So I painted up some ultramarines to play the game but before I had a chance to play them! I went to the Lone Star store to get some paint and that’s when I seen it the Blood Angels codex it was love at first sight lol!
Back to top Go down
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:58 pm

I grew up in Arlington and was working at the central Arlington Lone Star back in the late 80s when 40K came out. I remember buying the Imperial Space Marine and Space Orks box sets with my first paycheck using my employee discount. Played over at the Lone Star by Irving Mall a couple times but we tended to play our 40K at our houses or over at Generation X over in Hurst. Not sure if any of those places are even still kickin' but DFW had a pretty decent gamin' scene when I was living there. Hell, we might have even run into each other and don't even realize it. DFW was also a great place to be a comic geek like me and my wife with Lone Star, Collectors Corner, Titan and right when I left you had Zeus comic shops. So what's AZ like with gamin'? I know there was just a huge gaming con over there last month that had the whole Dust crew there like Paulo and Andy along with some other gamin' cos.

Glad to hear from any Texan expatriate,
Brian
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:45 am

Unfortunately I've always been a closet geek. It's worse with a wife who doesn't game and young kids. My work schedule is pretty brutal too, so taking my limited time off to try and find a game has not been a priority. Makes going to the stores and such pretty rare (ie still haven't done anything other than online in two years).

I have heard similar stuff about Houston having a good scene, to quote a friend "seems like everyone in Texas plays 40k."

These days I mostly watch a couple of forums to keep the geek embers burning until my kids (1yr and 3yrs) are old enough to corrupt.
Back to top Go down
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:06 am

I hear ya with the fam thing man but I lucked out marring a fan girl that loves gaming as much as me. Her and the kids do the video game thing more then the tabletop stuff but every once in a while I let her kick the shit outta me with little army men to keep her interested. The kids (6 & 5) are still a bit young to let loose on the minis but they love to watch Dada paint and play with his "little army men". But we all love a good board game or card game so that cool. Since the wife and I both work from home and home school we are all together so we actually get alot of gaming in be it educational or just a plain good ol' FPS, its pretty geeky over here.

Good luck and be sure to continue the geekery unto the next generation,
Brian
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:36 am

I have played many games at Gen-X and at Lone Star! And we also played at each others house's! Back then I played my Blood Angels and Played a lot of Necromunda! As for gaming here in Arizona, there is some action in Tucson but that is an hour from me one day I will pack up my stuff and go there! But for right now I just collect and paint Ultra Marines and I have a few projects I am working on! I have a lot of stuff posted here and on photo bucket ( devo881 ) I also seen your suff there, and I like what I saw! Last December I went to Irving Texas to visit my sister who still lives there, I went to the Lone Star across from the mall Sad well it is not there no more Shocked but there is a Games Workshop Store in the Grapevine Mall I went to check it out but I wish I could of spent more time there, I was with family so I had to leave when they found me LOL I will be going back for a visit this September!

Take care!

Last edited by Devo88 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Republic!   Howdy from the Republic! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy from the Republic!
Page 1 of 1