Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Evacuation of Crix VII

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

The Evacuation of Crix VII Empty
PostSubject: The Evacuation of Crix VII   The Evacuation of Crix VII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:23 am

This is my first game of 40K since probably 1995 so if things are a bit different then what they are now just go with the flow. Also, I apologize for the unpainted stuff (I hate playing with silver!) but I'm still getting it all together so just pretend its all museum quality paint jobs;) Also, note that I'm still hammering through the rules so I am using my Battleground 40K rules for this one so again bare with me.

BACKGROUND
Crix VII has been taken by the forces of Slaanesh with next to no opposition. The tainted planetary governor purposely sent Crix VII's Imperial Guard to the Eye of Terror front which left nothing but the Planetary Defense Force on the planet for defense and most of that had already been corrupted by the Prince of Chaos. The last remaining loyal Imperials are being marshaled in the town of Mezz where they are being evacuated to the only Imperial military asset left in the system, a single Space Marine Battle Barge of the Dark Knights Chapter. Can the Dark Knights rescue the remaining Imperials or will they all be consumed by the Slaanesh cult's orgy of corruption?!

BATTLEFIELD
The Evacuation of Crix VII 1

THE FORCES
The Evacuation of Crix VII 2
Space Marine Predator (destroyed by mine)
4-man Space Marine Squad as follows
-Space Marine Sgt. w/Power Armor w/Auto-Senses, Communicator and Respirator, Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Fighting Knife, x2 Frag and Krak Grenades, Auspex and Recon Servo-Skull
-Space Marine w/Power Armor w/Auto-Senses, Communicator and Respirator, Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Fighting Knife, x2 Frag and Krak
Grenades (Light Wounded)
-Space Marine w/Power Armor w/Auto-Senses, Communicator and Respirator, Heavy Bolter w/Suspensors and x2 actions of Hell-Fire Shell ammunition, Bolt Pistol and Fighting Knife
-Space Marine w/Power Armor w/Auto-Senses, Communicator and Respirator, Grenade Launcher w/ x2 drums of a mix of Frag and Krak Grenades, Bolt Pistol, Fighting Knife, x2 Frag Grenades

5 Imperial Refugees w/no weapons or equipment

MISSION
Hold out until reinforcements arrive. Protect the civilians at all costs.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 3
7-Man SLAANESH Cultist Squad
Squad Leader w/Bolter, Auto-Pistol, Chain Sword, x2 Frag and Krak Grenades and Blind Grenade
Heavy w/Grenade Launcher w/x2 drums of mixed Frag and Krak Grenades, Autopistol and Fighting Knife
Cultist with Shotgun w/Scatter and Man-Stopper Shells, Auto-Pistol, Fighting Knife and x2 Frag and Krak Grenades
x4 Cultist w/Lasgun or Autoguns, Fighting Knives, x2 Frag and Krak Grenades each

7-Man SLAANESH Cultist Squad
Squad Leader w/Bolter, Auto-Pistol, Chain Sword, x2 Frag and Krak Grenades and Blind Grenade
Heavy w/Heavy Stubber, Autopistol and Fighting Knife
Cultist with Shotgun w/Scatter and Man-Stopper Shells, Auto-Pistol, Fighting Knife and x2 Frag and Krak Grenades
x3 Cultist w/Lasgun or Autoguns, Fighting Knives, x2 Frag and Krak Grenades each
x1 Cultist sniper with Needle Sniper Rifle, Laspistol and Fighting Knife

x3 SLAANESH Demonettes

MISSION
Convert or eliminate the Imperial Space Marines and capture the civilians for future use in SLAANESH offerings.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 4
We start the battle with the Predator hitting a land mine, which kills the Driver and Gunner but 4 of the Marines survive as well as x5 civilians. The Marines bail out and head for the cover of the abandoned Imperial mission with their wards.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 5
A squad of cultists heads up the road using the burning Predator and road-side fence as cover.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 6
The Marines cover the civies as they enter the Imperial mission.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 7
The cultist with the grenade launcher lets loose a Krak at the wounded Marine bringing up the rear, killing him with a head shot. As the Marine fell, the cultist smiled ear to ear with such a kill.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 8
The rest of the cultists move up to take up a flanking position as the other cultists pepper the retreating Marines with no real effect.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 9
Enraged as his battle brother's fall to such scum, the Marine with the Heavy Bolter sets himself and lets loose a murderous lolly from his weapon. The bolt shells rips the cultist with the Grenade Launcher in two and KIAs the cultist squad leader. Another cultist goes down with a Heavy Wound and the last one hits the deck for cover.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 10
The Marine with the Grenade Launcher heads up to the bell tower to get a better vantage as the Sgt orders the Devestator Marine to get into the mission.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 11
Just as the Marine in the bell tower scans the area, a new squad of cultist appear out of the woods.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 12
A cultist sniper also moves up using the knocked out Predator as cover.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 13
A over zealous cultist breaks from cover and throws a Krak at the Devestator heading into the mission. The grenade lands true but does little then scuffing the Marine's armor and tearing loose a much deserved purity seal. The Marine stops and turns around and lifts his hand to shack his index finger to the cultist as if to say, "Now I'm Pissed!" The cultist disappears in a red mist from a volley from the Devistator's Heavy Bolter.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 14
The cultists Heavy Stubber team lays down some suppressive fire as the rest of the squad moves up to the cover of the cemetery stone wall.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 15
With Heavy Stubber rounds bouncing off his Power Armor, the Marine with the Grenade Launcher lets loose a Frag at the Heavy Stubber team. The gunner is Heavy Wounded and the Squad Leader is suppressed by the blast.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 16
Next, the Marine lets loose another Frag at the advancing cultists causing one to Break from a Light Wound and the other to be suppressed by the deadly shrapnel.

The Evacuation of Crix VII 17
The Marine Sgt finally gets the Devestator Marine into the mission and has the civies hit the deck behind some heavy oak pews. He then sends his Servo-Skull to recon the mission. The Servo-Skull reports that the mission is clear but as it heads out to check the rear of the mission it relays a disturbing pic back to the Sgt.'s Auto-Senses. With a sigh, the Sgt. looks to the Devistator and says "Demons at our Six!". Then... Well, my camera went dead and that's that since I am a believer that if there are not pics it didn't happen. But just to let you know, the Marine's saved the day but barely!

Well there ya have it, a short but bloody battle report for ya check out.
Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.weirdwwii.com/

The Evacuation of Crix VII
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Campaigns & Battle Reports-
Jump to: