The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kara, Imperial Assassin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Thu May 10, 2012 8:09 am

Well, with all of you doing AMAZING stuff I realized "I should try to do something. Since I don't have 5 hours to sit and paint, why not paint 30 mins a day?" It is not much... snail pace... but better than NO pace! Just Kidding Thanks Komfritten for the inspiration... I can do this!

So, I decided to start. A new Hired Gun... a chick with a nice rack gun. Like all female models, she has ultra tight pants and a short top. She is in a 'resting' position... kindda like admiring the result of her 'work' in the streets below. The idea is to give her an Urban Camo... I will try some of Laney's schemes... maybe the grey with black & white blotches and scattered blue dots. I also plan (key word PLAN) to give her an Aquila tattoo on her right shoulder. So... another tribute to Laney! GULP! Shocked

For today, I used my limited time to remove the mold marks and based her. The model is great, but not very 40k-ish, so I put a Purity Seal on her side. I think looks OK... but not perfect. What do you guys think? For the base, I used Vallejo's Pomez Stone, a skull (for a richer & filling 40k-ish After-TasteTM!) and few rocks. I don't plan to go fancy with the base. Anyhow... Enjoy the peep show!

Next? Priming and base coats!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Thu May 10, 2012 8:31 am

Hmm the purity seal does look a bit big. Maybe GS a smaller one on the huge... 50.cal?

Looking forward to seeing how she end's up.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 am

Purity seal... yes... too big. AGHHH! So I have to MAKE one? Puke Screw it... I rip it out. Hehehehe

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Thu May 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Cool model - It's nice to be an inspiration!

Love the aquila tattoo idea. How about you paint the model in a dark grey (all over, including arms) instead of painting lots of skin colour and then add the urban camo on the legs and top - it will make her look like she is wearing assassin synskin + make the model more 40k. A small backpack would be cool too.

Go for it Mord (You can do it!)

Laney:D

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Thu May 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Nice model with big a big gun! Very Happy
I wouldn't worry about that seal, it fits the 40K "hero" scale. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Thu May 10, 2012 10:29 pm

@ Laney: Damn...!!! I wish I had your 'vision'... AWESOME! I would had NEVER thought about that! Very cool! Maybe I would paint a 'patch' one her 'synskin' uniform?!? WOW! I will try your approach. THANKS!

@ Gatlag: Well, the seal is as big as her... gun? Hehehehe. I will see what I will do with them... I MEAN... with it.

Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Thu May 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Looks very interesting.

Can't wait to see more this week.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Thu May 10, 2012 10:38 pm

is that from the Reaper Chronoscope line?

Also mord if your using a good camera. Increase your Fstop to at least F10 and adjust your shutter speed to counteract. Your depth of field is getting pretty short on some of those.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” ~George Carlin
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Fri May 11, 2012 12:19 am

Da Bank wrote:
Can't wait to see more this week.
AGGGHHHHH!!! Little Frustrated Hehehhe... no pressure! Just Kidding

Dysturbed wrote:
is that from the Reaper Chronoscope line?
I don't know. Sorry...

Dysturbed wrote:
Also mord if your using a good camera. Increase your Fstop to at least F10 and adjust your shutter speed to counteract. Your depth of field is getting pretty short on some of those.
Damn your eagle eyes and super microscopic vision!!! Errrr.... you are right. Damn... you have good eyes. I only noticed after you mentioned it. I will play with the camera. Question... what range of F-Stop you suggest? 4-6? 8-10? 12-14? Anyhow... THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!! Very Happy Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Fri May 11, 2012 12:22 pm

I'd try experimentation.

Part of the problem may be. Are you using a macro lens? If you are you may need to move the model away from you a bit to get it into the lenses focual area.

As far as Fstop. It depends on your lighting if you have high lighting you can go up to 15+ the higher your Fstop the more of the image is in focus (wider depth of field) but the less light that is let thru the apprature. Which means you have to have a longer shutter speed to let the same amount of light in.

If you do go with a higher Fstop you can also increase your ISO so you don't have to raise the shutter speed as much. ISO is like film speed on a film camera it makes the image sensor of the camera more sensitive to light the higher the number.

OK that's all you get till i teach my photography class on here that will be $50

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” ~George Carlin
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Fri May 11, 2012 1:58 pm

hehehe... check is on the mail. Just Kidding

Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Fri May 11, 2012 6:09 pm

I would put the purity seal on the gun - then it would compensate for the big... gun...

Glad to have inspired you. I'm just about to buy a house and work is making me ... work?! So the painting here is lacking too - but 30 mins a day is a lot! I mean with my music students I say "You only need to practice 10 mins a day - If you make them count!"

So: 30 mins are way cool - If you make them count Twisted Evil

About the pictures... I keep hitting F10 and nothing happens - must be something wrong with my computer and my camera...¨

EDIT: The Purity Seal should say: "My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me"
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Sat May 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Well... UPDATE TIME!!! Blood Angel

After I primed her, I discovered that she is wearing Daisy Duke Shorts! Google if need... but basically, see the side picture.

In any case, the Purity Seal HAD to go. Not only looked too big, but it was attached to her naked flesh! Shocked The bad news Sad is that I could not follow Laney's idea of the skin tight suit. The good news... this is a VERY detailed model (you can even see her THONG straps on her hips!!!) and she is looking good!

I had to use the 10/0 brush to paint the basic straps and details... brutal work. But she is looking great!!! Here are some WiP... enjoy!

The plan is to give depth and highlights to her flesh, shirt, shorts, boots, gloves, pouches. I do need help... what color of hair?!? Also, I need help with the gun and decide on the goggles and scope's colors. Your guidance is appreciated!

Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Sun May 13, 2012 2:37 am

Looking great - it really is a detailed model. For the hair colour either red or white-blonde would look right.

Laney

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kara, Imperial Assassin   Today at 12:30 pm

Back to top Go down

Kara, Imperial Assassin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1