The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 am

I'm becoming progressively more Gothic Comic...dark & sinister in a silly sort of way. The latest additions are:

A Nosteratu Vampire by West Wind:

The Tower Entrance:

The Skin Saw Man & Cultist by Reaper:

Your comments & critiques are, as always, MOST welcome...mostly. clown

Last edited by DeafNala on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Very cool! Did you made the Entrance? MAGNIFICENT!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks, Mord! What a Face
The Gate is by a company called Grendel or now a days Grendel Scotia. I picked up a couple a long time ago. I only added some skulls, the Vampire Mouse, & cut through the resin to open up the doorway. clown
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:51 am

Vampire mouse... AWESOME!

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks again, Mord. The Vampire Mouse's eyes actually have more of a glow to them than the photo show...these were some of the most mediocre of pics to date. The mini is from the same pack of Reaper Familiars as the Evil Faerie. clown
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Ace looking scenery on the tower - very cartoony.

The style on this latest batch seems different to your usual (or is it the pics?). Your work continues to amaze!

Laney:D

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Laney wrote:
Ace looking scenery on the tower - very cartoony.

The style on this latest batch seems different to your usual (or is it the pics?). Your work continues to amaze!

Laney:D

It is mostly the really poor photos...the minis look quite different than how the photos show them. C'est la vie, eh?! Sad
At any rate there will be more terrain coming next & minis that tie into particular pieces. I'll probably be posting some photos of W.I.P stuff in my Fantasy thread at the beginning of next week...maybe. clown
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:37 am

This all started by bouncing a few lines from Young Frankenstein off of Thantsants...SO it's all his fault:

The Group:

The Good Doctor(?):

Young Igor:

The Monster:

There Wolf. There Photos. Where kind commentary? clown
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Great models made even better by the DeafNala TouchTM. Very cool. While the monster is great, the Doctor is my fav! Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks, Mord! I appreciate the feedback!
Funny thing, I thought the Igor Guy would be everyone's favorite, but the Doctor has won hands down.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Somehow I missed a lot of these. The vampires have lots of character. I really love the tower entrance too. That little diorama at the top of your last post works perfectly. Great work!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Thanks, Narcissus...glad you liked the stuff! What a Face
This & the Spooky Woods is becoming my Life's Work. It seems the more I do the more I both enjoy it & need to do more. Since there's not much else going on in my life, I can accommodate the need to do more...more or less. clown
Back to top Go down
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Another really interesting thread to discover; Showing up after a site is well represented is so much more rewarding than coming in on the ground floor Smile!

Colours are so vibrant they accentuate the textures you create. Right at the beginning the woman with the reddened eyes; Did you sculpt the branches of the base? I'd like to do something similar with some vampire models somewhere down the road.

I really like those westwind experiments. They would be incredible flesh golems for Blood Bowl team.

The Frankenstein trio are handsome (not really; quite ugly I suppose but the painting is top notch).
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanks for the kind commentary, horrid! What a Face
The vibrant colors are becoming a trademark with moi...could be another sign of imminent senility.
The Ghostly Lady is a RAFM (Canadian) piece; the branches are an intregal part of her base...Bob Murch makes some excellent minis. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12   Today at 1:47 am

Back to top Go down

Gothic Horror...in a silly sort of way. UPDATE 11/26/12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3