Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Renegades... Big Renegades

Go down 
+7
dwi
Gatlag Stonetooth
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Da Bank
DeafNala
Mordheimer
mudboy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Da Bank

Da Bank

Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:27 am

I missed the Raptors earlier and just noticed them now. Great work!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Well, its official; Renegades are on standby Crying or Very sad The work i have done with them have been to intense, so now i have comepletly lost the feel for them. There's just so many other things i also want to do and have been distracted by... well thats a long list but in short there's mordheim, death squads, my old tau army and other smaller things.

but hey, once i'm done fooling around i'll be ready to start doing some more work on them with some fresh energy Very Happy

for now; thanks for all the positive feedback, it's been great to hear that others like what's coming out of my sick little brain What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:40 pm

uhhh... Sad I saw that you posted and I actually giggle like a little girl expecting at least one pic. I guess I will have to make due by looking at old pics. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:55 am

Mordheimer wrote:
uhhh... ...I actually giggle like a little girl...

Now that's a nice mental image Laughing
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:30 pm

I got a sudden urge to finish the hummers so here's a little update despite the standby:

Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 PC010005

Still missing the guardsman on the hood though...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:19 pm

BRAVO! cheers Looks perfect... well, missing the hood ornament... but everything else is perfect. Very cool... excellent work man! Keep it up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Well, the bad economy has hit me hard in the nuts. The real estate crash has caught up with me so i cannot afford to buy new models for a couple of months Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 G Fortunately I bought my ticket to the Roskilde Festival two weeks ago. Hell yeah!

Anyway, no new models means more attention to the ones i already have and those Renegade Marines was looking so cute in the box. So now I have finished converting the last few ones and I'll start painting some of them again soon.

Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 P6130007
Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 P6130009
Hmm the guy with the chainsaw arm needs a bit of GS

And here is a little pic of the whole bunch minus Fabius Bile(not asembled yet) and a Predator(haven't found a good model for it yet):

Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 P6130014

Cheers cheers

COULD A MOD MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE 40K SECTION. I THINK IT HAS GROWN BEYOND THE SIZE OF A SQUAD Shocked
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:35 pm

mudboy wrote:
Thanks mordheimer Very Happy

Did a couple more testmodels and tryed doing a powerweapon. It needs a little more at the tip and some dark shade at the bottom but it turned out okay.
And i chose to use Devlan Mud instead of Badab black for the armor. It looks more weathered and rusty.

Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 PA270003

Double barrel flamer..... your out of control Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:20 pm

VERY COOL! The skin tones, power sword, & metal work turned out TERRIFIC. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:27 pm

Superb group!

Let me know.... and we can split the topic OR you can start a thread with the 'bigger picture'! Thi is a perfect example how a Squad turns into an Army! HA!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:39 am

Fabius Bile and his Fabulous Force of Furious Fighters got their first action yesterday. And got creamed... by Ultramarines... Oh the humiliation.

Three things caused this utter defeat: A below optimal list. Poor use of my units. And the dice gods were against me.

The list I'm using is not very good as it is made with fluff in mind rather than effectiveness. Meh, that's the price you pay for making something cool.

I didn't use my units like I should have. My Raptors got stuck out in the open and where gunned down. Terminators deepstriked down in dangerous terrain and then got gunned down. Neither managed to kill a single enemy. Havoc's started in a great vantage point high in some ruins but could hardly hit anything with the big guns. The two CSM squads in Rhino's got the most action and managed to kill 6 marines, a Rhino and an attack bike. And then got gunned down.
In the end all I had left on the board was Fabius, two marines, a Rhino and two Havoc's(running like frightened little schoolgirls).

The dice! They hated me! Didn't hit anything. Failed all those critical saves. Havoc's failed their morale test and ran for the board edge.

All in all it was a fun game. My opponent was a really cool guy and we had a lot of laughs.

I managed to take a few snapshots during the game but most of them wasn't any good(shaky hands).

Raptors on an objective before getting gunned down to single champion...
Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 P8180001

...who then jumps of to another objective and get's torn apart in a hail of bolterfire:
Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 P8180010

This looks a little better. Until they got shot by blue termies and a Land Raider:
Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 P8180008

Fabius will have his revenge!

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:27 am

COOL minis & terrain backed up by some GREAT photos...what more could anyone want?! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 am

I can see the Chaos Hummer! YEAH BABY! I think Fabius needs to be 'demoted' to a Squad level... get some experience and then promoted again to Company Commander. Wink You will love the CC... taking shape quickly!

Your models and terrain look AMAZING (as usual!)... thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:14 pm

I got a few more games last week and it got a little bit better.
Salamanders got what they had coming and Fabius now has fresh meat to experiment on Twisted Evil
Tau was very defensive but i managed to break their defensive line. However none of us managed to take any objectives.
IG blasted me back to the warp!

I forgot my camera so I only have two phone pictures:

Humvee is feeling afraid...
Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 DSC00175

And maybe Fabius should have stayed in his laboratory today...
Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 DSC00176

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Got a list written up for your Fabius fluff army??

Very quick question just from what ive read so far.....why use havocs when you can get 2+/5+ 2 Wound Oblits that can switch weapons when they need it???? If anything that fits fluff for Bile than any other chaos unit out there. Nothing like having mutated monsters on your side.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:03 pm

The list for the games i have been playing so far is this one. Only 1250 points as it was a campaign in my club.

Fabius Bile 160

5x Terminators 150
4x pairs o. Lightning Claws 40
1x Heavy Flamer 5
1x Chainfist 15

9x CS Marines 135
Aspiring Champion 15
Powerfist, Melta gun 35
Rhino 35

10 CS Marines 150
Aspiring Champion 15
Powerfist, 2x Melta gun 45
Rhino 35
Enhanced Warriors 30

8x Raptors 160
Aspiring champion 15
Power Fist 25
2x Meltaguns 20

5x Havocs 75
Aspiring champion 15
Meltabombs 5
2x Autocannon, 2x Heavy bolter 70

The list I was planning to use for regular games was this one:

Fabius Bile 160

5x Terminators 150
4x pairs o. Lightning Claws 40
1x Heavy Flamer 5
1x Chainfist 15

9x CS Marines 135
Aspiring Champion 15
Powerfist, Melta gun 35
Rhino 35

10 CS Marines 150
Aspiring Champion 15
Powerfist, Plasma gun, Melta gun 50
Rhino 35
Enhanced Warriors 30

7 CS Marines 105
Aspiring Champion 15
TL Bolter 5
Meltabombs 5

8x Raptors 160
Aspiring champion 15
Power Fist 25
2x Meltaguns 20

Predator 70
Twinlinked Lascannons 35

5x Havocs 75
2x Autocannon, 2x Heavy bolter 70

And as I can't seem to find a good model to use as a Predator it is going to be replaced with two Oblits. I might switch out the Havoc's too as it sounds like very good idea Very Happy Though I kind of like the Havoc's. They have been pretty effective when i placed them in some cover cracking transports and mowing down Infantry Rifle
Hmm converting Oblits for Fabius... fantasy ogres maybe.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Some things of note:

Fabius Bile: Although a solid unit, he cannot last long by himself. Are you attaching him to one of your CSM squads?? If so, which one? Frankly, although this unit is very fluffy, and that IS what you are going for, you can spend the same amount of points(my example is actually 185, but you would save that on the enhanced warrior costs which is 27) and get a Daemon Prince. Give him mark of Tzeentch, wings, sorcerer, and take Doombolt and Warptime. Not only does he have the same ranged killing power as Fabius, but he is better in hand-to-hand combat (warptime gives re-roll to-hits and to-wounds, monsterous creature gives him 2D6 armor pen for vehicles, hes T6 with 4 wounds, and can fly 12" and assault 6" giving him an 18" combat range.

Chaos Terminators: The absolute best part of this unit, is the ability to equip them with combi-meltas. No other Terminator unit can do this. 5 points for a combi-weapon toted by a guy in 2+/5+. Best deep strike unit hands down. Run a small squad, deep strike them close to enemy armor and blow them to bits. Its a cheaper, better Chaos Version of the sternguard. I see that you have them geared as a CC unit, which in my opinion is the worst thing to do. I play a Deathwing army, and unless I can help it, I refuse to deep strike any of my CC Deathwing Squads (they are usually transported in LRC). Reason being is that you have to deep strike them close to any opposing units. Doing so raises the possibilites of having a deep strike mishap, as well as leaving them in a nice tight grouping for plasma templates, pie plates of doom from guard, and even rapid fire bolters (best way to beat a 2+ save is to force the player to roll as many saves as possible as you are bound to fail eventually). It also leaves them open to assualts from multiple enemy units that will bog them down, thereby allowing your opponent to bring up higher powered units to take you Chaos termies down. Also, they are footslogging to get at a target, with no ranged reach to cause damage. A savvy opponent would steer his army out of the 12" range of them, shooting them down as he goes. Something else to think about, because you are deep striking them in, a way to get them into the game without having to worry about deep strike mishap is to equip your CSM squads with Icons of Chaos Glory. They act like a teleport homer, allowing you to place your terminators within 6" of the Icon bearer.

CSM: These layouts are good. Just some minor tweaks. Like above I would suggest giving them Icons of Chaos Glory. It will allow your Terminators to deep strike accuratly, but would also give the squad a re-roll on Ld tests. I would also equip all squads with a Rhino and two special weapons, whether they be two meltas, or a melta and a plasma. Capitalize on the fact that you can take those, as only two other armys in the game can do this (Blood Angels and Space Wolves).

Raptos: They are good, if used correctly. The best thing though is that you saw your mistake, always ALWAYS keep them behind some kind of cover to allow them to have the chance to get into hand-to-hand combat. Also keep in mind that you can deep strike them as well, and again with the Icon of Chaos Glory would allow them to arrive without the chance of deep strike mishap.

Predators: A solid unit, one of my favorites. My preferred layout is Lascannon sponsoons with an autocannon turret. It is an excellent medium to light transport killer (AV10 - AV12), and in a pinch will do ok against AV13 and AV14. My honest suggestion for use of a model: search ebay. You can get one still on the spru for roughly 20-25 bucks, with maybe 5 bucks on shipping. Just keep an eye out and be prepared to jump on one when you get the chance.

Havos: Again a good choice, but you lack in any high strength killing power. Granted two autocannons and two heavy bolters throw out a crap load of dakka (4 S7 AP4 and 6 S5 AP5), but you can't punch your way through any transports to get to the soft underbelly of your opponent. If you truly want to go with the Havocs, I would suggest loading them out with all Missile Launchers. They can fire either frag or krak grenades (frag: S4 AP6 blast template, Krak: S8 AP3 Heavy 1), which allows horde control as well as transport killers. Also, you can fire at exposed MEQ's (Marine EQuivalents: S4 T4 3+ save), and instant kill them. But again, it is much better to go with the Obliterators. They have better saves (2+/5+), have more wounds, they can move and shoot (relentless) and switch weapons based on the target. The weapons they carry are a lascannon, multi-melta, plasma cannon, TL plasma gun, TL melta-gun, and a TL flamer. So you literally have a weapon for every circumstance. Sit them in cover, and good luck to anyone trying to knock them out.

SO....... thats almost as much as Mord writes!!

Those are my ideas....let us know how it goes!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:21 pm

@ mudboy: I would listen to him... Tournament Champion (along with jd3) and he knows how to combine stuff.

@ Dozer:
DoZer wrote:
SO....... thats almost as much as Mord writes!!
Bastard... and I was THIS close to complement you. Just Kidding

Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:28 am

I dig your input but the army is not one I'm going to use in a competitive enviroment. It is 100% creative fun.

DoZer wrote:

...and get a Daemon Prince. Give him mark of Tzeentch, wings, sorcerer, and take Doombolt and Warptime.
Now that's about as unfluffy as it gets. I could make some kind of giant mutated guy but it would still feel like a Prince to me.
Besides, love his fluff so much I could do a snuff.... eew

DoZer wrote:

Chaos Terminators: bla bla bla....

I totally agree. They didn't do anything in any of the games and that brought along my downfall. The first problem is that I already made the models so i really want to use them. The second problem is that putting them in a Land Raider would require... a Land Raider. The cash is not an issue, finding the right model for it is as i dont want to use GW's tanks. That's why I used Humvee's as Rhino's. So finding something i can use as a Land Raider is quite difficult.

DoZer wrote:

CSM: ... giving them Icons of Chaos Glory... I would also equip all squads with a Rhino and two special weapons, whether they be two meltas, or a melta and a plasma.
I dont find the Icon to be very fluffy... unless I make it some kind of flesh-skin hanging thingy... hmm idea's pop into my head Idea
Both big squads have Rhino's but only one of them has two special weapons as the other one lacks the ability because Fabius has to join them in the Rhino. The smaller squad is just there to run to the nearest objective and hold on to it.

DoZer wrote:

Raptos: ... ALWAYS keep them behind some kind of cover...
Learned that in the first game... sigh

DoZer wrote:

Predators: yet more bla bla bla Just Kidding
I really want one in the army but again, NO GW models! I'm counting on getting one when I find a fitting model for it.

DoZer wrote:

Havos: Look, even more bla bla bla Wink
Great anti infantry unit IMO but as you say, it lacks the much needed punch to crack open those heavier tanks and dreads.

All in all your input is GREAT! I really apreciate it. I just need to find and convert the models I need.
Oblits is going to be included ASAP! Maybe instead of the Termies/Havocs/small CSM squad.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:44 am

DUDE!!!! I found your Predator. I'm serious!!! Yes... for once...

How about an Airsoft R/C Tank?

Dragon Airsoft Electric RTR RC Battle Tank
Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 ZX-3881B-lg

This Dragon Airsoft Tank is a Ready to Battle Airsoft Tank meaning that it comes with everything needed to get you rolling. This Remote Control Tank is unique in that it shoots 6mm airsoft BB's! 50 Airsoft BB's are included to get you started with battle. A Rhino (Predator) model is 11.5" x 7.5" x 6.5" and the Dragon Airsoft Tank measures 10" x 4" x 5"; fairly close, except for the width. If you magnetize some side sponsoons (either lascannon or the hurricane bolter thingies) you will be able to fix that. Or you could go crazy and do some minor conversions. You have a GREAT looking Predator that can SHOOT... how cool is THAT?!?!

The price? How about $12.95?!? Check it out on the website. It is not perfect... but it is CHEAP and great for conversions! Do yourself (and my ENVY) a favor and get the Dragon RC Battle Tank!

Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 CT-277-3818
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:25 am

Ha ha that could be AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 am

See? Even I can come up with something once in a while! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renegades... Big Renegades   Renegades... Big Renegades - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renegades... Big Renegades
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3