Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Narcissus' Pirate Orks

Go down 
+10
Lazi
Dysturbed
Da Bank
skavenslayer
Laney
Gatlag Stonetooth
Komfritten
Mordheimer
mudboy
Narcissus
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

Narcissus' Pirate Orks Empty
PostSubject: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:29 am

I've been planning to build a pirate ork squad for quite a while. The Prisoner Exchange gave me the incentive to finally put my plan into action and build a pirate ork.

This ork has been finished and sent to Mordheimer.

Narcissus' Pirate Orks PeglegEdit

Build list:

Captain
2 hard boys (1 a troll model on 25mm base)
Flash git

4 boys with 2 ccw
3 grots (1 cannon fodder, 1 pea shooter)
4 boys with bows (Mordheim only)
2 boys with pistols and ccw (magnetized pistols)
2 squigs (any possible use in DS?)
3 boys with flamers
1 boy with big shoota
1 shaman
1 pain boy (any ideas for pirate pain boy?)

I have grand plans to build a nice, tidy squad of these. I am really torn with what to do with the bases. I would like to magnetize some of the weapons and arms so I can use the same models for both Mordheim and DS. I know that some models will have to be unique, but I would really like to have some overlap. The bases conundrum is driving me crazy though. I want to just put everything on 25mm round bases, but I can imagine the situation where Mordheim opponents (if I ever find any) might be not too pleased about round bases. I thought about magnetizing the bases and feet of the models, but that is a pretty annoying and expensive job to do across a whole squad. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:32 am

Personaly I would magnetize the bases but I've seen people use round bases for Mordheim before so I wouldn't worry too much.

Can't wait to see what you come up with Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:53 am

Dude... if you play with models like this, only @$$holes would even THINK about complaining about the round bases. If you play against someone that have all his models converted AND painted, then they have the right to say anything... and they will NEVER do!

In any case... magnetize one foot and pin (no glue) the other for round & square bases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:53 pm

I use round bases for Mordheim - I really se no reason no to.

Painboy = The Cook =) (i'm making one myself for the moment for my space pirate orks =)
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:49 am

I've said before and I'll say it again: Love the Ork Pirate!
I haven't tried it out at home but doesn't a 25mm round base exactly fits on a 25 mm square base? (or is the square base tapered?)
That way you could make them fit on the square bases.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:19 am

I thought about the base conundrum a lot. What I am going to do is to base all of the models on 25mm round bases. If I play a Mordheim campaign I will create a form of holder with square bases, in case any debate comes up. I was thinking I could magnetize the bases to 25mm square magnets.

I've start production on a whole pile of cobblestone bases. I've got some with wood planking, some with sidewalk, some rope, some chain, missing cobbles, rock areas, and dock areas. Any other ideas for features I could include on the bases themselves? I would like to a few more detailed bases for grots and things to go on. I have 13 so far and I figure I will need at least 25 models or so when all is finished. Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:02 am

Looking forward to this...

Some Ideas: Pieces of netting, small crates (railway scale stuff will work), treasure chests, fish bones/skeletons, tankards of ale - all I can think of right now.

One of your guys could have magnetised 'hook' attachments of various types e.g. chainswords, hooks, blades, drills etc.

I'd love to see your WIP bases.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:19 am

Cobble stone and wood bases...

I still say, put a PIN and a magnet on each foot... then make bases with a hole & magnet where the feet should land. The pin/hole would keep the model on its pace on the base, and the magnets would keep the base attached.

OR... ask your friends. Damn it! I bet you anything that they won't care! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. I got distracted with some Malifaux models. Here are 16 WIP bases.

Narcissus' Pirate Orks IMG_1414

Narcissus' Pirate Orks IMG_1412

Narcissus' Pirate Orks IMG_1420

Narcissus' Pirate Orks IMG_1418

Narcissus' Pirate Orks IMG_1443
A base for a "troll".

I still need to add gravel in areas where there are no bricks. Once I have painted a few more orks I will build another 10 bases or so.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Wow. They look great! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:53 pm

I second Mudboys statement - they look ace!

Laney
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Wow man really awesome! Looking at those bases made my evening a bit better! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:37 am

Incredible... NAILS! WOW!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:30 am

Thanks for the kind words on the bases.

I have a few models mostly converted. Just a little more work and I will post some converted pirate orks up.

For now, I would really like your help to make a list of pirate accessories for me to sculpt and put on my models.

My list of piratey things:
-hats, bandanas, tricorn hats
-pistols
-cannons
-monkeys, parrots, octopus
-barnacles
-hooks
-peg legs
-rum, liquor, bottles
-cannonballs
-treasure chests
-loot
-eye patches
-swords
-big jackets
-ruffly shirts
-ragged pants
-leather boots

Suggestions to add to the list?

Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 am

Im thinking...

-ragged pants w. bare feet.
-Bundels of rope.
-Hard bisquits (might be hard to make)
-Old medels / uniforms, like Navy guys gone bad.
-The woodpegs used to hold rope (sorry dont know the name)
-I think hatches / smalle handaxes was used a lot on ships, but not really showen i movies much.
-Primitive grenades, smalle bombs with fuses.

Thats all I can think of right now, hope it helps.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:39 am

The bases are awesome, bravo!

You are very creative. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:51 am

There has been a fair bit of progress on these. I have a lot of bases finished. I've assembled five models and have some more interesting projects that are coming together at the moment. Here are some terrible pictures of some models so far. I'm not sure what my camera is doing. The screen is not displaying properly and the pictures are not coming out well...

Narcissus' Pirate Orks IMG_1502

Narcissus' Pirate Orks IMG_1512
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:40 am

These are very good - just love orks and pirates! this is double up on greatness!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:01 pm

ArR Matey! They beeee mightty pretty!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:32 am

Thanks!

Here is an early WIP grot conversion. An octopus arm will be poking through some broken planks and holding up the grot. Have to add surface texture and the suckers. Then a nice hat or something piratey for the grot.

Narcissus' Pirate Orks IMG_1517
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:59 am

Looking great mate! Smile
Love the idea for the last one!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 am

Hehe classic! And with a grot noone is gonna say it came as a surpice Wink

As alway I really like your inspirational and creative conversions and ideas.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:25 am

Why is it that WE get to be the coolest models? I'm not complaining... it is just pride!

WE GROTZ BE DA BOMB!!!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Very cool with da grot getting pulled. It could be a slaneesh tentacle grabbing him.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:33 pm

It could be a slaanesh tentacle. I was thinking a bit more nautical though. The octopus theme will be present in a few places in the squad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narcissus' Pirate Orks
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next