Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS

Go down 
+8
Da Bank
Lazi
Gatlag Stonetooth
Laney
Narcissus
mudboy
Mordheimer
Dysturbed
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS Empty
PostSubject: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 am

So as some of you may know we are working on 0.7.0 which will be out at some point in the future.
In order to fill some space and improve the art in the books we are looking for photos of some of your models.

For every squad we have I want to do a few group shots in the book.
I also would love to have some nice shots of the troops as individuals.
If we get enough photos sent in I would like to mix it up with what different people have done.

Entries MUST be set up on terrain (kinda like GW does for their Codex photos in the back)
It would be best if they where of the squad as they started out AKA recruitment list. (less models better detail on photos and represents what a starting player can do).

If you take images of individual models and do not have terrain that is ok but at least take the photo with a solid color backdrop that compliments the model or take it on your gaming table.

The images should be close ups from the side no top downs please.

You have time to finish squads but your cut off will probably be in a August or September. I will update this as we get closer to due date.

Do not submit Eldar squad photos till you talk to me there will be some...changes to that squad.

email what you come up with to dysturbed {at} gmail.com or send me a PM with links to where I can get them.

Include the way you would like to be referred to for credit.

There are also a few shots we need to clarify rules.

{PHOTO of one Fighter 3” deep inside terrain vs enemy 1, while less than 1”vs enemy 2}
{PHOTO of jungle terrain without features}
{PHOTO of jungle terrain with features}

If you have questions about these photos ask mord he'd be able to expalin what he wants better than me. The first one will likely need to be taken from above the table.

Last edited by Dysturbed on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Dysturbed wrote:
If you have questions about these photos ask mord he'd be able to expalin what he wants better than me. The first one will likely need to be taken from above the table.
Hmmm... so THIS is why I woke up today with a fear of buses? Just Kidding

Seriously... EXCELLENT WORK DYSTURBED! I agree 100%. The plan for the next revision is to create a single book per Squad. This Squad Codex will contain all information relevant to the Squad (i.e. Units, Depot, Weapons, Armor, Wargear, Skills, etc.). So, if you play Imperial Renegades, you will have ONE book with EVERYTHING you need... all in one place. No more flipping throw TLRB (which incidentally, now will have only the Core Rules).

Something Dysturbed (the man with the vision!) and I talked about is a 'return' to that old-school feel of the Codex. You get immersed in the Squad YOU want to play, with stories, fluff, art and pictures... along with game stuff. Currently, Dysturbed is spear-heading an AMAZING venture. He has been contacting LOTS of great artists (from amateur to professionals) for art to use on our project. But what is great art without great models?

This is where all of you come in. You have worked HARD on your Squad... you have dreamed about them and made your vision real. You actually PLAY with them (which nobody can't actually say for the 'eavy Metal models... which are 'played' for photo shoots!) How cool would it be for YOUR Squad to be a permanent part of our project? You don't need to paint at a Golden Demon level... just like The Prisoner Exchange, your very best is GREAT for us! Pose your Squad on great terrain... make them look their best and email your pics!

Time to finish The Eye P Chaos kers! I hope I could make the grade!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:07 pm

So you're saying actually have to FINISH a squad and make some cool terrainREQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS Bs_quesexclaim

Bastards!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Indeed I am!!!!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:08 pm

What about cool models for some of the unique models in the rules?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:10 pm

For individual models yes if you submit for the whole squad all needs to be fine
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:40 pm

For clarification... Dysturb is DA BOSS. What he says goes. I'm going to ask this, out of ignorance and curiosity. Be warned! Just Kidding

Narcissus wrote:
What about cool models for some of the unique models in the rules?
What do you mean? About the Special Project? OF COURSE! I have not told Da Boss yet... but I don't think he will mind.

As a matter of fact, I will PM him right now. I expect a few Smack followed by by several Stick of Doom ... but I will live. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of things like the flashy ork officer and things like that. Maybe even the demolition expert.

But yes, I will take lots of pictures for the other project too.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:48 pm

Yeah of course that is great.

Some people may not have picked those choices for their starting squads so that would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:30 am

I may be able to cobble together some WYSIWYG squads for the IG. Would you like a before and after shot i.e. Here's the starting squad and this is what it became...

It might motivate me to finish some of those unpainted other squads.

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:44 am

My squad isn't finished yet... Sad
But I can make some photos of my Lost and the Damned troops on some terrain if you're short on pics of Renegades. Please let me know if that'll be of any help.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:16 am

@ Gatlag: Few things...
a) Finish your Squad!
b) Send pics of the Renegades anyway!
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:35 am

Mordheimer wrote:
@ Gatlag: Few things...
a) Finish your Squad!
b) Send pics of the Renegades anyway!

Hehe Very Happy I guess I saw this coming Very Happy

I'll try to get some pics of my winter-themed squad as soon as I finish the Captain and Medic (and some terrain to go with them - which will be the hardest part Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:01 am

@dysturbed.

When would you like to close this opportunity? Do we have a month or more?

Just checking, I have some models that need painted.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:35 am

The idea is to be done a few weeks at least before 0.7.0 At this point i would say you have well well over a month before that is anywhere near happening.

Maybe end of summer even depending on how fast people get their edits in and everything.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:23 am

0.7.0. I'm thinking Christmas before it is released Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Colonel Prius wrote:
0.7.0. I'm thinking Christmas before it is released Just Kidding
That is why I love you, Prius... your encouragement feel more like a huge Smack !!! Heheheh...

More than a month. Hehehe... We are working on Core Rules compilation (complete re-write) and then we will organize all the Codexes (Codexii?) for publication.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:42 am

You're not getting it, Mord. He is BEING optimistic.

Christmas release sounds kinda good, seriously. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Maybe the Tau will be half-way done by then.

REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS 6070998

Ouch... that is love! Kissy

On topic... how about some Pics of Squads for Dysturbed?!?!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Hmm actually I think my orks a about to be finished, but I do not know what a "generic" ork list are? Any preferences? Or should I just make an ork squad and post pics?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:18 am

@ Komfritten: Think... will a picture of this bunch of Orks give a sense of a 'cool' Ork Mob? So, you need some obvious choices for this 'generic' Squad. Make sure you could see the Nob, some 'Ard Boyz, a Painboy, Boyz... maybe a Gretchin or two! (or 12!) Then you could take pics of the Orks in 'action'. Be creative!

Let's see what Dysturbed has to say.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

Ok! I'll think something up - I would love to be able to contribute in such a way - that would be kind of epic Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 pm

That is EXACTLY the point!! Some people do not have the time, talent or energy to write stuff... but they could make TLRB a better (more professional) manual. Also, how many of us dream to have OUR models and art on a game? No offense, your painting skills are great and all... but I will not hold my breath waiting to see your models in the next 40k book.

Instead... this is OUR chance! We want good models, but we would put the BEST effort that REAL players share. Just like The Prisoner Exchange... you do your honest best, and we will share it.

Now imagine that Medic helping people on the IG Codex... hmmmm.... NICE!
Back to top Go down
lakedaimonioi

lakedaimonioi

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:45 pm

The correct plural form of codex is 'codices'.

What kind of changes are we looking at for the Eldar (winkies) squad? I still haven't managed to get a game in with my guys.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 pm

You got a couple of hours Lakedaimonioi?
big change has already been announced it will be Aspect Temple based, so the exarch, aspect warriors and Warrior Aspirants are all going to be the same Aspect Temple. No more mix and match.
Beyond that lots of changes, I think the only thing I haven't touched so far is the Guardians.

Kom the only thing I care is that the list is something you can make with the starting points you are given. After that I'm cool with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS   REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REQUESTING SQUAD PHOTOS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next