The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laney

PostSubject: Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Here is something I've been playing about with, he uses a Chapterhouse tru-scale body carved down to the Mk16 shape...

Some of the WIP shots...

C&C welcome

Laney

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour   Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:18 am

Uuh that's cool!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour   Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:32 am

Looks good. I know nothing about the armour type, but it looks very awkward and interesting. Great finish as always. Your models are always so well based and cleanly painted.

Are the arms standard marine arms? How is the length in proportion to the size of the true scale model? Are these the true scale models that have been shut down now?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour   Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 am

Looks great, but can we see him next to a normal marine ?

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour   Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:12 am

skavenslayer wrote:
Looks great, but can we see him next to a normal marine ?

Exactly what I wanted to say... MAGNIFICENT! Let's see him besides a puny GW Marine!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour   Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:06 am

First of all that came out awesome. I wasn't familiar with the armor till you posted your wip but that looks pretty damn spot on Smile

In addition:
Narcissus wrote:
Looks good. I know nothing about the armour type, but it looks very awkward and interesting. Great finish as always. Your models are always so well based and cleanly painted.

Are the arms standard marine arms? How is the length in proportion to the size of the true scale model? Are these the true scale models that have been shut down now?

no the smart studios get away with it because they do fresh sculpts and call them space knights and don't mention they are space marines.

ie: chapterhouse studios Linky
Three Stage Studios Link

Warsmiths got shut down on it.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” ~George Carlin
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour   Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 am

Thanks loads guys for the feedback - it's great to know I've done it on the right lines...

The armour is taken from the Dornian Heresy version of 40k with some rather different Ultramarines. The premise has Dorn as the Betrayer and all the usual traitor legions as loyalists and vice versa (Hence the chaotic raven guard earlier).

As Dysturbed said... The true scale models are from Chapterhouse (it was a guy in the UK that got shut down), but I think warsmith (the UK guy) may have sculpted these anyway (he has done some other Chapterhouse things). They now have a dedicated not-blood-angels squad set, which I will invest in.

I think the arms look ok from regular models (particularly if the 'longer' arms are chosen), but they could accomodate terminator armour arms with some trimming (and not look bizarre).

Here are some scale pics (with a WIP fire hawk mini I have been playing around with).

An extra not-space-marines (not true scale either) is Anvil Industries (some very cool posable bionic arms from them).
http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=79

Cheers Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour   Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:43 am

Here are a bunch of other WIP bits and bobs - My aim is to get at least some of my backlog of miniatures painted before zombicide and sedition wars (vanguard = elysian/urban fighters squad and strain = nurgle/cultists squad) hit (so no more minis from GW in the next few years!). I'm also trying to avoid converting any new models from my bits box, so I concentrate on painting.

These are mostly very rough basecoated models...

Dornian Heresy (loyualist) Emperor's Child Marine

With some early coats of paint...

A mix of current projects...

The latest Blood Angel addition - Sanguinary Priest Nero

Cheers Laney

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour   Today at 10:12 am

Back to top Go down

Dornian Heresy True Scale Ultramarine Mk16 Damocles Armour
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1