Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first attempt on a 40k warband

Go down 
+3
Mordheimer
Da Bank
floedebolle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
floedebolle

floedebolle

My first attempt on a 40k warband Empty
PostSubject: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:56 am

hej guys, first thing: This is a great thing, and for me finally an excuse to toy with some of the best minis made by citadel : Space pirates and adventurers! My first attempt on a 40k warband 256553 My first attempt on a 40k warband 514909
Some of you may know me from tomsboringmordheimforum , and i´ve already spotted some old mordheim fellows among the users here.
Hope that me and serialmom ( also a mordheim fanatic ) will soon fight our first deathsquad match, or maybe we try necromunda and deathsquad too.We´ll see!
I saw that there are first attempts on a rogue trader warband, does anyone know how long it will take to get some rules?thanks!

Here they come, my first 4 40k minis, with some greenstuffbases plus priming and washing, faces and rest skin soon to be done!

My first attempt on a 40k warband Sam_0027
My first attempt on a 40k warband Sam_0028
My first attempt on a 40k warband Sam_0029
My first attempt on a 40k warband Sam_0030
My first attempt on a 40k warband Sam_0031
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:10 am

Nice to start of with some picks.

It could be a bit for a rogue trader squad. I believe all like the idea for it but there has been a great need for Alien races as we have a lot of human squads.

The nice thing about a rogue trader squad they can easily go bad or not follow imperium law in order to make a profit.

You could easily use a guard squad or maybe a renegade squad rules to get by.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Holy cow... THAT WAS FAST! I just 'demanded' pictures... you are like a genie! Shocked

First... regarding a Rogue Trader Squad.
1) There was some initial design done, but it was put in the cooler. Nothing is being done for that at the moment.

2) If YOU want to join the Staff and design the Squad... it CAN be done! The beauty of our project is that is OUR project. Anyone can join the Staff and help improve the game. Requirements are NOT difficult; play few games with the rules AS WRITTEN and post Battle Reports (with pics... we LOVE pics!) to prove you have played the game (and win fans!) Ask and answer questions about the game, so you can SHOW us that you understand the rules and are willing to think. Provide comments and opinions about the rules and your experiences, so we get a feel of what you like, dislike, etc. Become an active member of the community (post on the Welcome Mat, admire other people's work, share your work... hell, just be social!) After that, just contact some Staff Member and tell them why you would like to join the Staff (what would you like to do, interests, time available, etc.) and in what capacity you would like to work (Contributor, Proof-Reader, Play-Tester). Simple. Read all the boring details at this LINK.

3) As you probably read (ahem...) on the forum rules (LINK), you are free to take Death Squads and do what you want with it among you, your friends and the whole internet. Just don't post your unofficial rules, Squads, weapons, creations, etc. in this forum. Such things create confusion. You could email your ideas to a Contributor, and if they want they could use your concepts to create a 'new' official version... but you get no saying on the matter. If you want to be in control of the official creation, then you must join the Staff as a Contributor. You become the Project Leader and we all follow your lead, but things get approved by a majority vote. Everyone (regardless how long they have been working on this project or 'rank') gets ONE equal vote. Be prepared for a brutal grilling... no holds barred, jerk (a**hole) like critiques... but once is done, your creation will stand the test of time. If you can handle the heat of a severe critique (and being pointed out how stupid you could be... and by "you", I mean "Mordheimer"... LINK) then you are more than welcome to join the official effort. If you don't have time nor want to achieve the best Squad possible (both written and playable)... then feel free to do your own thing. Just keep it to yourself. I know... it sounds harsh. But you have NO idea the crap we have seen over the years... unbalanced things. Ohhh! Think about the Mordheim Experimental OGRE Warband. Those who designed that monstrosity were happy, but the Warband was not compatible with the game itself. So if you make a Rogue Trader in which everyone shoots meltaguns out of their... eyes... then fine. Have fun! If you want those Rogue Traders to be official (and on TLRB, with your name on the credits) then join the Staff... and be ready to accept that while shooting ray guns "with the power and intensity of the sun" out of your... eyes... is cool, it is also not very 40k and is completely out of wack (a.k.a. it will not be in the game).

Now... about the pretty pics. NICE!!!

The bases are super! These guys have a LOT of potential. Can wait to see the with more paint. Ohh... ask Laney about his RTs... hehehe... peackock feathers. He has a thread with pics. Maybe it could inspire you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:17 am

Those indeed have potential! Please slap some more paint on them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
floedebolle

floedebolle

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:12 pm

thanks for your comments guys!
Well, waiting for some more rogue trader minis to arrive from britannia, i will first bring them on bases, prime, wash and then i will start to put plenty of paint on ´em, just wait and see, it will happen!;=
Back to top Go down
floedebolle

floedebolle

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Update! A Psyker olley finally based:
But to play him iwould have to play renegades, mmhh......dont know.

My first attempt on a 40k warband Dsc_0014
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Ohhh, my... what big... errrr.... SWORD you got! Just Kidding

Pretty cool mini!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
floedebolle

floedebolle

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:49 am

Hej guys, well, long time no post, but here they are, in all their painted glory:
( btw, not painted by me, but by martin grandbarbe)

My first attempt on a 40k warband Dscf0331

There is one tiny problem: I always wanted to play a rogue trader warband, those minis would be perfect, but there is no update on rogue traders, is there?
For me , they are just to individual for using them as a imperial guard, what do you think?

floedebolle
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:34 am

Wow!  Shocked 
Those are plain awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle

floedebolle

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:43 am

thanks! I hope i soon can field them, but are there any news or ideas for a rogue trader squad?
Well, i do like the story background of the renegades, but i juast cant stand the preacher.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:40 am

These models look amazing - great old school stuff!

No news on a rogue trader squad, but... If you take a base squad (like the renegades - the mutations add a certain something), ignore the preacher (you can always get another lads got talent officer along the way instead or recruit) and then have a look at the hired guns (lots of interesting variety there), you can build a pretty rogue trader kind of squad. The disadvantage of this, is having lots of fees to pay, but you start with a pretty strong squad.

Cheers Laney  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
floedebolle

floedebolle

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:22 pm

thanks laney, sounds like a good idea. Well, javing noticed that traffic on this forum has reduced to some few peaple a day, is there any chance that i will see a rogue trader squad ever to be released?
Hope so, until then i will have to work with those renegades.

Soon more,
floedebolle
Back to top Go down
Pâtrick The Betrayer

Pâtrick The Betrayer

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Goes to show that Old School mini's and New School painting ROCKS!!!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:03 pm

I was thinking exactly the same thing as Patrick. It is really cool to see old school models painted in a modern way. Makes them look much less dated than the crazy neons and goblin green bases of the nineties. Beautiful looking squad!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt on a 40k warband   My first attempt on a 40k warband I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first attempt on a 40k warband
Page 1 of 1