Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models Empty
PostSubject: Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models   Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 pm

I think this make five somewhat active project logs I have on here... Nevertheless, I am painting some new models.

Here is a Sedition Wars model I am going to paint. The model is a Firebrand Male Drone. I bought this model primarily to try out a tutorial posted by Ali McVey on the Studio McVey Forums.

Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models IMG_1570
The model based and assembled. Notice, no greenstuff or conversions!

Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models IMG_1565
Model had no base in the blister ( Sad ) so I built my own on a 25mm GW base using the tutorial from From the warp.

I'm planning to get this painted up pretty quickly. I am torn between painting the model exactly as on the box and in the tutorial and painting it with camo jumpsuit. I don't really ever want a force all wearing orange overalls... Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models   Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:43 am

ORANGE overalls would be great
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models   Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:18 am

I've thought about orange overalls a couple of times - but blue-grey is what I seem to end up with. The camo may look a bit out on renegade/civilian models.

Regardless of final colour scheme it will work out just fine.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models   Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 pm

It is not unconceivable that they might change their clothes when they join the rebellion.

"Hi, welcome to the rebellion. Here are your new combat fatigues. Sorry about the weapons, but your mining gear is permanently attached."

I am not sure what colour to do. I like how the orange looks, but don't really want to do a whole group in that colour. And I want to personalize my squad. I have never really been one to paint standard colour schemes.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models   Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:23 pm

I have browsed throught the tutorial topic at the McVey forum. Very curious to what your approach will be Narcissus! Knowing your work I think it'll be great! Smile
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models   Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:43 am

I've gotten started on the drone model. I've been reading Game of Thrones and cycling a lot, both of which have decreased my hobby productivity. I've been working through the skin recipe a bit from the link I posted above. It hasn't gone great so far. I've just done the shadows, but I think they are too harsh and not blended well enough. I'm considering redoing some sections of the skin.

Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models IMG_1590
I haven't added any highlights to the skin yet. Just shadows.

Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models IMG_1592
I painted camo overalls. I think they will look good on the final model and I wanted to try the technique.

Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models IMG_1594

Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models IMG_1595
Some of the shading looks better in this picture.

Comments and criticisms appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models   Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narcissus' Sedition Wars Models
Page 1 of 1