The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laney

PostSubject: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:53 am

Hi All,

I've been thinking about these three weapons and have come up with a few ideas on how to create your own from (relatively) easy to get hold of components, namely lasguns, bolters, bolt pistols and more exotic meltaguns (not found in death squads anyway) and flamers.

So here are the autoguns - I used a bolter and lasgun for this conversion...
Remove the tip of hte lasgun and the energy pack from the lasgun and the clip from the boltgun (keep for shotgun conversion).

Trim the boltgun clip and glue to the lasgun, removing the stock of the lasgun if you want to (depends if you are after an SMG or AK47 look).

Some finished examples

Here are the workers for our groups imperial renegades carrying autoguns: The Angels of Change (Tzeentch Aligned)

If you have alternatives - please share
Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:08 am

Shotguns next...

Use a new lasgun and the bolter from the autogun and cut the bits out shown (sharp exacto needed for the bolter)

Sorry I missed taking a pic of the middle step (basically trim off the energy clip and glue on the grip from the boltgun
Here are some completed examples (various types from more traditional to boarding shotgun/sawnoff shotguns types)and some other variants I tried out using militia parts I had spare from a mordheim warband.

Here are some militiamen carrying shotguns for later in the campaign

I know I could just buy some scouts - but it seems a little over the top for five shotguns!

And last but not least, my take on lil'burners

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:27 am

The lil'burners (two different types)

You need a meltagun (for the little gas tank - seems more appropriate to a one shot weapon), flamer and bolt pistol for both of these conversions...

Inferno Pistol Type
Cut off the tank on the side of the meltagun (careful - you only get one shot at this!) and the barrel of the melta and trim off the clip of the bolt pistol.

Glue it together and this is the result (a tiny bit of greenstuff may be needed to gap fill).

Flamer Pistol Type
Start with these parts...

Cut off the tank like you did before and the tip of the flamer and trim the bolt pistol like before.

The finished article...

Any thoughts?
Cheers Laney

I've tried this method with laspistols and they just look silly!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:28 am

YOU ARE CRAZY!!!

Amazing! I just got some shotguns from Dozer and jd3... I may just do some of YOURS. I do have some old school laspistols and hand-flamers... but yours look better!

EDIT: I'm moving this to the tutorial section, and sticking it!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 pm

great!
maby it's time for me to make some humanoids Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:23 pm

I've got these in my 'inspiration folder'. Found on various sites so it's not my creations.

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:27 pm

MY!!!! This is so cool! Super out of control! HA! I feel ashamed for never trying anything like this. Thanks for sharing!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
cody20

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 pm

i love the smg looking ones im 99.9% going to make them Very Happy

Blood Angel
Back to top Go down
dwi

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:30 pm

WOW! Shocked affraid Nuf said

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:34 am

Mudboy, I don't know how I missed these when you posted them - some genius ideas to play with - perfect for death squads.

I got to go and get me some more guard models to play with... (and maybe at some point do some more painting). The blue guys in the last pic have to be my favourite.

It's nice to see someone else has an inspiration folder too!

Cheers cheers
Laney
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:01 am

here
are my HBAR bolter, needs some work, but shape will remain.
only for sharpshooter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Nice!
How did you make the barrel?
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

barrel is from scout's sniper rifle, flashider is originally from bolter.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:36 am

Cool, thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)   Today at 12:59 am

Back to top Go down

Some ideas for shotguns, autoguns and (pic heavy)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1