Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)

Go down 
+2
Da Bank
AcheronWolven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AcheronWolven

I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) Empty
PostSubject: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:42 am

Hello guys,

Taking a story first rules second approach, I wanted to pick your minds on ways to use the Empire flagellant warband minis ( can't post link cause I am new here apparently so you'll have to google them your selves Sad

(edit: pic)
I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) M150019a_99120202017_EmpFlagellantMPPK_873x627

The first thing that pops to mind would be as cultists but I wanted to see other roles they could take

Challenge: If you HAD to make a starting squad with these minis ONLY, what would that be? ( I am not THAT cheap and will prob have them as part of something bigger, I am just throwing some design restrictions in there to make you really think about it)

Do close combat-only squads make sense in the game?

Thanks Smile

Last edited by AcheronWolven on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) Empty
PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:05 am

Maybe something about cultists as you noted or MechAnicus and turn them into arco-flagellants.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:38 am

LINK to pics? Lazy... hehehehe

Will your Squad be LOUD & IN-YOUR-FACE or quiet & sneaky? What is YOUR vision about the flagellants? They could be used as Catachans Regional Platoon. The Officer's Catachan Fang could be represented by the crazy whips. The Catachans are close combat experts, but they benefit more from being sneaky (Lay Low) in vegetation before assaulting. For agressive Close Combatants... Kroot are the way to go. MAN! Those guys are tough... at least when they start the combat. The Kroot are all about STARTING the assault (+1 WS & +1 S on 1st Turn they initiate the Assault)... but it would be a stretch.

You could ALSO go with Imperial Renegades. They would require less conversions, and your Flagellants can pass for Renegades any day... and having a nice big mutant would be cool! I would go with the IR... more flavor that fits the models.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
AcheronWolven

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:56 am

To be honest the in your face approach would feel more appropriate, in my mind they are all about delivering the emperor's will by screaming and charging even if that means almost certain death.

Playing them with the Kroot rules sounds good, their faith being their shield and all, but I am guessing it wouldn't be as immersive

will see what I can do with the renegades, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:12 am

Cultists are an obvious choice (and they look really good), but you'll need a little more than a close combat meatshield. An entire close combat force is intriguing as an idea though. Don't forget that you get a chaos marine to act as a deathstar and daemons in this squad.

As Mord said Renegades will work really well (disgruntled workers for example). In this case I'd personally buy a catachan command squad to provide a core set of officers and lots of nice bits and bobs to convert the flagellants. Shotguns and autoguns are pretty easy to get from other online retailers e.g. maxmini, chapterhouse (ace autoguns) and anvil industries to name but a few.

Catachan might work as the IG version of these models - but perhaps the cadian (generic IG) squad may give you a bigger options and mixed with a cadian squad box would make for a solid set of models.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:24 am

Or you take the fun approach and paint them green. Then you have a cross dressing Ork squad! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AcheronWolven

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:30 am

^^^ hahaha
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am

Gatlag!!! Hehehe... you are insane.

I think the Renegades will work for these crazy guys.
OFFICERS: The Preacher just FITS... and so does the Enforcers and Sergeants (mutants).
RECRUITS: Workers are super cheap... send them to their death (canon fodder) with Militiamen as the 2nd Wave.

If you think about it, you don't need lots of super gear (like IG has access to)... you need BODIES! You will need to replace bodies... LOTS OF BODIES. For that you need money and cheap Units. The IR have them both! The Squad background can ALSO help. The Renegades are not necessarily evil or chaos-lovers... they can be part of the Imperium, but a little on the non-conforming side, flirting with Chaos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
AcheronWolven

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:06 pm

yeah I like the fit with the preacher and the quasi religious squad I am now looking for an appropriate mid sized muttant to include as a cc ogryn

Any will do really, the fluff will most probably be that it is part of the squad because it used to be common locally before the demands to purge the mutant came from the top, I am even looking at beastmen at the moment.... :s I do realise it will look strange though...don't know
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Imperial Guard cadian arms fit well and likely Empire gun arms from the militia and things would work well. You could model some with guns and some without. Then use whatever fluff you like and find a squad that works (renegades or Imperial Guard) with the rules. I think a ragatag rebel force using a few guns from various sets and the flagellant bodies would look great. Here are some models I used the flagellant bodies for:

I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) IMG_0322

I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) IMG_0150
Model on the left.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
AcheronWolven

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:36 am

^^Thanks mate, the minis look great Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)   I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I really want to use the Empire Flagellant Warband! (too noob to know how)
Page 1 of 1