Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something different...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Something different... Empty
PostSubject: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:52 pm

When I want to get out of my occassional hobby dip I mostly try to make/create something that's not involved with my current running project. This time it's a Spawn! Smile I had the plastic spawn box for quite some time now without doing something with it, so this was a good occasion. I haven't taken much pic unfortunately so I've bundled a few wip shots. It's not finished yet, but I wanted to share it with you already so hopefully I keep inspired to finish it quick! Wink

Something different... Spawn01
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Wow, pretty cool. You using for DS or something else?
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks! I have no destination for him yet, it was more like a "getting inspired again" project plus I wanted to try out a different colorscheme than I'm used to.
The inspiration thing is working btw, I already have some nice ideas which I'm going to use for DS related projects! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:40 pm

HHAHA!! It is a great model! To me, Spawns always look like the Orky version of Chaos Conversions! Ork vehicle conversions where designed for those of us who can't convert. Heheheheh... sorry!

I do love your Spawn. It seems to make sense, in a Choas-like way. MORE PICS!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Didn't feel like painting today so I've built the base and primed it. Smile

Something different... Spawn02
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Everyone can use more terrain.

Do you have a gaming group?
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:49 pm

This is the base of the Spawn, perhaps I wasn't clear on that.
But you're right about terrain, never can't get enough!
that's probably why I have a dozen boxes of GW terrain in my cupboard...
Embarassed

Not a gaming group for wargames anymore. We used to play Mordheim and Warhammer with 4 guys, but due to relations, movement etc that group doesn't exist anymore.
Now I have an occassionaly gaming group for board games like Arkham etc and I'd like to try out DS on them! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Finished the base today:

Something different... Spawn03
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Dude! Those are awesome!!!!! works of art!!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:40 pm

SWEET!!!! How the hell you did that rust?!?! AMAZING!!! That Spawn will have the BEST base ever... after Boris, of course. He has THE best base in the know Universe (LINK)

Congratz... EXCELLENT product!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks guys! Smile
The rust was achieved by various washes on the H-beam and then stippling brown and orange paints. For the oil drum I did the same but without the washes. After that I enriched the color of the rust with pigments.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Absolutely top drawer basing mate - looks fantastic!

The spawn looks ace as well - pretty much everything I do s a sideline project from what I intend on doing!

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks Laney! Smile

Small update today:
I gave the Spawn a heart to play with...it's own! Shocked
Can imagine the poor bastard was wondering what that thumping sound was inside his chest so he ripped it out and guess what? It tastes pretty sweet! Very Happy

Sorry for the poor photos, it's really hard to get this thing in focus. I guess it's because of all the tentacles and claws sticking out everywhere. It's a lame excuse but it really does look better in real life. Also a pic of his chest I drilled open. Smile

Something different... Spawn04
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Can imagine the poor bastard was wondering what that thumping sound was inside his chest so he ripped it out and guess what? It tastes pretty sweet! Very Happy
HAHAHA! Genius! The GS work is VERY cool too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something different...   Something different... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something different...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: