Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games Empty
PostSubject: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:32 am

Progress Report: DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

120 Backers
$16,857 pledged of $20,000 goal
37 Days to go
This project will be funded on Sunday Sep 30, 5:00pm EDT.

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 471e27f330bd96c059203afdab82dfef_large

the Early bird section sold out pretty dam quick the way its going they will have the $20k goal with in the next hour or so.

I was able to get a copy of the Striker Early bird for $140USD+$15p&p so $155USD all up and I get any gaol extras that come out over the next 37 days.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dreadball-the-futuristic-sports-game/comments

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 958eab846e2a3c5ecf24c8bddc098dc1_large

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 am

Interesting - decent models and some possiblity for cool expansions - I'll be watching...

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Looks interesting...Bloodbowlish but based in space with humans, orks and rat creatures.

Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Da Bank wrote:
Looks interesting...Bloodbowlish but based in space with humans, orks and rat creatures.

as far as I can tell comparing Dreadball to Bloodbowl is like comparing a Ferrari to a Lada.

ones sleek and fast very fast the other is a lumbering box that guzzles fuel,

Dreadball is fast paced action game that is not American football, or Soccer or Rugby or even basketball.

it is where your flinging a ball up to 200km and hour either your going to catch the ball in your electro glove or your going down.

Hoping to see a demo of the game soon and Mantic have promised loads of added extras.

4 teams will released and up to 8 MVP's

Corporation [humans]
Marauders [Orks]
Forge Fathers [Dwarfs]
Vyn-sar [Ratmen]

There will be other racers and I think this game will be a test zone for new races for the Warpath universe.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:41 pm

ok, still uses same races as Bloodbowl with a gladitorial feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:44 pm

238 Backers
$33,043 pledged of $20,000 goal
37 Days to go

Yikes! Goal reached... must check this game out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:45 pm

yup it has been a another quick start for mantic games

they reached the $20k target in 2 hours, sold out the Early bird striker level in about the same time.

if you notice on the board the 6 coloured zones.

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 7b3e5474e8dca5069e2c9571a3797fc7_large

those are scoring zones. the one that is further away gains more points. Some one made a comment that it looks like Quidditch LOL

hey if it draws more pledges then by all means draw the comparison. Alot of BloodBowl players and the Kings of War and Warpath players are showing alot of interest.

not sure how custom boards will go I guess alot of Hex tiles will be needed to make one.

Well time to go back and fresh the KS page.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:57 pm

We got the $75k goal: Midgard Delvers Team - 8 Plastic Forge Father figures
Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 1b021af3fe9da2ac5a9cc402cafef561_large

now onto the $90k Goal: Skittersneak Stealers Team - 8 Plastic Veer-myn figures
Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 7bae16c800efcd1441a0db9d845c4dde_large

From the comments page we had this:

Question:
Quote :
Clayton Conduff about 2 hours ago
Another question: Is it stated anywhere exactly how big the hexagons on the gameboard are? Common sense would lead me to believe that they're 1" tiles, but you never know.

I'm thinking I would like to create my own custom Pitch gameboard out of physical 3D tiles, and want to make sure I get the correct size tiles. Thanks!

Answer:
Quote :
@Clayton - You may want to hold off on making your own 3D board... just a hunch... ;-)

A 3D pitch?? well read into to how you like but for me if they do a 3D pitch as a goal or merely an add on for $XX amount I'd get one at least.

Kick traq as the project tracking towards the $700k+ but with 33 days to go who knows what else we'll get offered that could change the final amount in huge ways.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 pm

491 Backers
$75,475 pledged of $20,000 goal
33 Days to go

This is way cool... 3D board could push me over the edge.

All these Kickstarters are killing me!!! I think we should ban cool Kickstarters...
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:16 am

backers
$88,278
pledged of $20,000 goal
days to go

so close to the next target AARRGGHHH!!!!

Spread the word peeps lets get to $90k

LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:36 am

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 34ffe63c9b07aa45bebe416594557659_large

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 5---Wildcard

WE ONLY NEED $980 TO GET HER COME ON GUYS!!!!

LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:05 am

$110,000 – Expand your teams!
You get four teams of 10 players in Striker! and, with the addition of Wildcard, 5 MVPS - but we want to give you more!

If we pass through this stretch goal, we will include an additional four players into Striker! – two Corporation and two Marauders!

But that's not all...

$125,000 – John Doe, MVP
If we pass through this stretch goal, we will produce John Doe – an alien MVP that can play for all of the teams (except the Marauders, no one knows why he refuses to play for them):

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 11---John-Doe

John Doe - Of course that’s not his real name. His real name takes three minutes to say and major surgery to pronounce. Unlike some of his more mysterious fellow MVPs, John Doe is happy to discuss his history and origins; it’s just that few people can understand.

Not surprisingly, his armour is custom made and cannot enclose him as neatly as it would a more conventionally shaped player. Digby has allowed him some leeway with the uniform rules on account of his unusual physique – a ruling which created a storm of protest and cries of favouritism from the Coaches, but which the fans were very happy about. Incidentally, this was the ruling that opened the door for many of the other alien players you now see in the leagues, as prior to this they were banned not for their alien nature per se, but because they couldn’t fit neatly into DreadBall armour.

Help us produce John Doe and we will include him into Jack and Striker! (and don’t forget you’ll get multiples of the rewards in Cheerleader, Showboater and League Sponsor!)

straight off the press....

That Alien MvP ROCKS!!!!!!

get in and pledge NOW!!!!

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:32 am

I am very intrigued - but I will be holding off for now - the striker level seems a touch high at $150, but it does have all the extras built in.

I might also pitch in for some Eisenkern at $39 and £65 for the 40k boxset looks good too.

At most I can afford one or two of these! (especially since I haven't had Zombicide or Sedition Wars yet)

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 pm

here is the updated Striker pledge to show you what you get in the pack:

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games B09c7c94cb6ddd79a3e191b0b1fde87d_large

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:05 pm

734 Backers
$122,673 pledged of $20,000 goal
29 Days to go

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 17e0ac58793b16ac7e988d4d34f3ef30_large
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:19 am

Very hard to resist - but $150 is pretty steep (considering I just went old school and bought Talisman on a whim). It still has a long way to go and I get paid again before it finishes - so I might pitch in at the last minute if it carries on at this rate.

Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:29 am

here is an updated STRIKER level chart:

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games Contents-Table-Striker-John-Doe

We got John Doe now onto the next stretch goals:

$140k Hex bases [All Striker levels get a sprue of 22 Hex bases.] You can purchase more as an add on.

$150k Number 88 MVP!!!! he looks great and will an interesting character to play.

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 7---Number-88

its starting to heat up now spread the word.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:43 am

748 Backers
$125,399 pledged of $20,000 goal
29 Days to go

Hey, LGW... I changed your signature. Now the picture is actually a LINK to the KS. Very Happy Hope you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:07 am

sweet thx Mord I was going to do it but got side tracked painting up my Warmaster minis

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:42 pm

well here is a teaser for you all it maybe the next goal after Number 88 or it maybe a future goal but here is a concept of the female Corporation player

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games DreadBall-Female-Conceptv1-WIP

enjoy

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 pm

1,729 Backers
$363,829 pledged of $20,000 goal
9 Days to go

For $100 you get...
Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games Cccc0e5aab856f5b805a6d8461ebd40c_large

For $150 you get...
Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games 07f1840a7d80a22bff81fc8b63fa3a2b_large

Tempting...

Last edited by Mordheimer on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:29 pm

They've put a limit on the striker and jack packages (which is a little unusual) - so get them while they're hot. Very tempted - but currently skint!

Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Laney wrote:
They've put a limit on the striker and jack packages (which is a little unusual) - so get them while they're hot. Very tempted - but currently skint!

it was done to make sure the Striker and Jack packs get to the pledger before xmas otherwise due to printing delays the games may not arrive in time. by limiting the number to a manageable level they can guarantee delivery.

for me I am currently in this game for $236USD [$287NZD] with more stuff being added to the game that costs $XX amount to get its becoming a cash cow that is draining me.

I am seriously thinking of pulling out of my Early bird Striker.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:20 am

That's the danger of these kickstarters - it's been mentioned on Dakka Dakka a few times. If you ask 'Do I actually need to play this game or am I getting excited over model X or Y?', this helps me to rationalise what I want.

Zombicide had lots of cool extras and a great game, Sedition Wars was a Space Hulk type game wth amazing minis, but the Reaper Bones went for bulk (lots of whch I didn't need) - I'll get specific models instead as I need them (so I didn't pledge). Now Dreadball is interesting - lots of potential but I wouldn't go in above $150.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:58 am

well I just reduced my from $236USD to $155USD [$187NZD] and only getting the basic box set and postage.

Though I did ask if I could swap out the Forge father's and Veer-myn for the season 2 Female corps and Robots.

so fingers crossed they will let me other wise I may add those two teams once the survey comes out.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other War Games :: Lord GreyWolf's Den (Misc Games) :: Crowd Funding Projects-
Jump to: