Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey new to the forums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ravenf5r

Ravenf5r

Hey new to the forums Empty
PostSubject: Hey new to the forums   Hey new to the forums I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:58 am

My friend got me interested in this when he said he met one of the guys who made this game at gamers. so i figured hey why not try it out.
if i am going to do anything it's space marines, i think i have one interesting story to write out since I've had it in the making for quite some time about 4 years now.several times I've tried to write a book, but i have always had a hard time to get the story organized. so maybe try it on a forum with chapters on my hero and his missions. maybe some feedback i might one day be able to get it organized and off for publishment. i would like support from anyone who likes what i have to write, and i would love feedback and advice to revisions and such. this game seems interesting so I'm going to try it out since it fits my story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Hey new to the forums   Hey new to the forums I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:11 am

i know you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ravenf5r

Ravenf5r

PostSubject: Re: Hey new to the forums   Hey new to the forums I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:12 am

yes you do cody lol
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hey new to the forums   Hey new to the forums I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:25 am

Welcome to the Death Squad Forums Very Happy

We all love a good story so by all means, post it Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hey new to the forums   Hey new to the forums I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 am

WELCOME!!!

First... the good news... we are working hard to make the Space Marines a reality at a skirmish level! cheers This has not been done successfully, because of how awesome (powerful) the Astartes are, but we are working carefully to do the justice. Trust me when I'm saying that we are paying EXTRA attention to details to capture their flavor, fluff and 40k playability, while still making them fair & fun at this scale. We have several Space Marine NUTS who have more obscure knowledge on the subject that the Black Library. Just Kidding When the times come, we would be SUPER honored to make sure our work passes your ever vigilant eyes. Smile You (the Space Marine fanatic) is our 'target'... if people like you approve of the final results, we will be very pleased.

The not-so good news... the work will take some time. There are lots of little details on game mechanics that are being polished (under the hood of the game) so the Space Marines are fair. We are working on the 2nd revision of the Chaos Cultists, which are led by a Traitor Marine. This 'closed' test have allowed us to tweak the game mechanics for the next step.... the Space Marine Scout Squad. With the SMSS we will introduce the Astartes, and tweak them properly. That will lead to the Space Marine Chapter Squad, which would probably be a 5 man Combat Squad (equivalent from 40k). Rather than rushing things in, we are taking time to do things right.

The even GREATER news... we would love to read your stories! Go ahead an post whatever you feel like sharing on the 40k section. Very Happy

PS: Go ahead and start playing Death Squads... I know the SM are not available yet, but you will get a sense of the game, wetting your appetite for the Astartes. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Ravenf5r

Ravenf5r

PostSubject: Re: Hey new to the forums   Hey new to the forums I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 pm

well loving space marines like i do i share some knowledge that could prove useful, each chapters history, their strengths weaknesses and leaders/ primarchs. maybe that could be thrown into some use of what they are best suited for,as well as i can peek into the rules and if i find ways of balancing them out to fit your game and it's rules i will gladly send info to you to see what you think.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Hey new to the forums   Hey new to the forums I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:00 am

Raven

Welcome and looks like Cody brought you to the dark side...er...um...Death Squads.

I truly hope you will like it. I will be bringing my models back to Atlanta this weekend and hopefully we can get some games in.

Like Mordheimer noted we love stories and battlereports. When you get a chance please post them in the Story section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey new to the forums   Hey new to the forums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey new to the forums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: