Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting

Go down 
+7
mudboy
skavenslayer
Narcissus
rhuntar
Da Bank
Mordheimer
Komfritten
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting Empty
PostSubject: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I just got the DV Limited Ed. home! What a sweet package of awsomeness!

I just assembled the chaos side:

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting 20120903_210837

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 pm

The only thing wrong in that picture is the cup. It should say #1 topless... and a couple of girls. HA!

Seriously... you making a CC or IR Squads? Can wait to see more. THANKS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 pm

LOL, my same thoughts of the pic of the two guys on the cup. Nice catch Mord!

Keep posting pics of your models, I would love to see more of the IR.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 1:42 am

I don't know if it will be either IR or CC, but really its the same minis save for the CSM... right? =)

Think I'll paint them quite plain, as they are on the box. Maybe with a little difference in clothes.

I really like the models, and they fit very easy together took an hour til assemble them all! Minimum flash and mold lines - just great for someone like me who hates assembling and removing mold-lines Wink

I'm in the process of paining one of the ordinary CSM, and Jeebus there's some detail on that bugger 0_o
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:50 am

First CSM painted ever!

I'm not too fond of him, but he was a good starter, as I needed to get on with it again - have not painted for months.

Tried to aibrush the armor, and ordinary brush for the rest. But I need some other reds for him I think.

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting 20120904_214248-1

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:56 am

Looks nice! To get a quick perspective... how will you base him? If you plan sand/grass, then paint the base sandy brown. If you plan urban base, paint it grey. That should give you a nice contrast and tone down the red... ready for any highlights.

So far... GREAT JOB!!!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:56 pm

@Mord: donno with the base yet - would like to try something new ... but time will tell. Right now I'll focus on the awsome mini's

Here's an almost done WiP of a cultist:

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting 20120905_214851-1

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting 20120905_214901-1

Sorry bout the poor pics, but my photobooth is not set up yet Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:07 pm

GORGEOUS! Did you air-brush it? HOW?!?!? Ohhh, teach us, Great Master. This is VERY good! Love the colors... and the face! WOW! Finally... the sculpt is chubby-ugly, paint job SUPERB!
Back to top Go down
rhuntar

rhuntar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Crap Balls. Thanks so much for sharing! Looking really good already. Depending on shipping I'm hopefullly getting my half a set this weekend and your pics have me even more excited!
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Wow! those two models are great. Please keep posting them.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:41 am

Air-brushed the coat first then painted the rest with old skool brush.

I think I need to go back with a lighter highlight on the coat though, hopefully I will not mess up the rest =)

I'm reluctant to weather the coat in fear of messing with the transistions of the green, but I'll probably try (Think Narcissus did this somewhere with his renegates)...
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:58 am

Looks great.

To make the highlights pop, after airbrushing I often line highlight the tny, highest points using a brush and the top colour I airbrushed. In this case, maybe try line highlighting the most prominent ridges on the cloak with the same colour as you airbrushed for the final stage. Because it is painted on it will be less transparent and will appear lighter than the areas you airbrushed.

For weathering on robes, I gently use the airbrush to spray a light, transparent coat of a muddy brown colour around the bottom of the model. Works great and looks good (in my opinion).

Looking forward to seeing more of these!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:28 am

It looks really good, my only comment is about the face, painting wise its great, but i think he is supposed to wear a mask covering half the face, only parts free is mouth + chin...

Now his face looks a little mutated, but is is not to bad Very Happy

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:12 am

Thumbs up man. Very cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Next cultist on the line. I'm not finishing any of them yet, as I'm trying out different things.

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting 20120906_210600-1

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting 20120906_210550-1
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:26 pm

@Narcissus: How do you make it transparrent? Dilluting it enough or ?
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 5:12 pm

By transparent I mostly mean just spraying a thin coat. I usually thin the paint as well. With the airbrush you should be able to control the flow of paint enough that you are not heavily covering the model. You are aiming to just dust it to create some dirt.

Model air mud brown or the other dirt colours work well.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:58 am

Excellent work with the airbrush Komfritten and a really interesting discussion about dirt. I really need to upgrade to the 21st century and break out the airbursh again.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 am

This is why I love this community Very Happy sharing and inspiring each other is awsome... are awsome? grr stupid language... I need to break out my grammar books again...
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:49 am

Is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:57 am

Thank you, because it is singularis?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Wow!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm

I just went back to look at these again. I have a squad of these I am planning to paint for Necromunda. After seeing yours I am really tempted to just airbrush the robes in whatever crazy colours I feel like... Black, hawk turquoise, or red robes????
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 pm

So inspired by other members of this great community, I broke out my airbrush, my trusty Badab Black (so little back Crying or Very sad ) and an old brush to speedpaint a Dark Angel from the Dark Vengeance set.

Here's what I've done so far. Need basing and some dust on them boots and he's considered done. I'm probably selling him (and the rest of his friends) off sooner or later.

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting 20121106_210208-1

The quality of the pic is diminished by the fact that I use my phone atm. My camera is at some cardbox right now - haven't finished unpacking yet ;P
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:50 pm

Looks nice. What colours did you use for the green? I have been thinking about speed painting some Dark Angels from DV and then selling them too. Did you use Gryphonne Sepia on the purity seals? It looks very good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting   Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Vengeance, Assembling and Painting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next