The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Call Liberty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brother Beetis

PostSubject: Call Liberty   Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:09 pm

Hello guys and gals!

Yesterday at work I made the decision that it was time to bite the bullet and combine two games that I love (Mordhiem and 40k). I decided that I should first check and see if anyone else has already tired this, and I ended up here. I signed up to peruse the rules and see what you guys have come up with. First I was shocked with the professionalism and dedication that has been put forth, and then I was amazed that this is exactly what I've been looking for for years! So I've decided to give this a try and possibly become an active member on this site.

A couple people asked me to post a little be about myself, so here goes. I've been an on again off again Warhammer fantasy and 40k player for the past 14 years. I play Orcs & Golblins, High Elves, Blood Angels, Orks, Nids, & Dwarven Treasure Hunters. I've been wanting to build a Iron Hands army for at least 10 years, but I'd rather make a small army with a lot of unique pieces...I was thinking along the skirmish lines... Very Happy

I also play Magic the Gathering, Twilight Imperium, Skyrim, and am a recovering WoW player. I'll pretty much play anything once or twice.

You might be wondering about my name (Brother Beetis). If you haven't see a Liberty Medical commercial with Wilford Brimley, then you won't understand. All the Wilford Brimley parodies crack me up, so I use him or diabeetus as my names in games. It's a little messed up, but I might be in the right place... Surprised

Anyways, I'm not the best at writing stuff, but I do like to answer questions. Hit me up with some if you have them. I'm looking to give the Death Squads game a try this weekend, and I'll post some feedback.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Call Liberty   Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Welcome. Fancy showing us some pictures of your models?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Call Liberty   Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:13 am

Yeah, we've been kind of under the radar. People do find us, but it'll be discreet until we release Space Marines. Smile

Welcome to Death Squads! Awesome to have such a veteran amongst us. You'd do us a huge favor by playing a campaign with your friends and tell us your thoughts. We like feedback, especially constructive criticism. Since we have a zero-FAQ policy, please point out ANYTHING that's unclear.

What kind of squad are you looking to play first?

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Call Liberty   Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:41 am

Welcome to the forum Brother Beetis Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Call Liberty   Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm

What a great collection of Warhammer goodness!

I'd love to see pics - any ideas on what type of squad you'd like to build?

Laney:D

Brother Beetis

PostSubject: Re: Call Liberty   Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:36 pm

I'll start a thread in the appropriate location and throw some models in there when I get home. I'm no pro, but I get by. I'll probably throw some on my original post as well.

Space Marines will definitely draw some attention. They gotta balanced and fun because of how many people like to play them. I might be able to lend a hand with some play testing.

I'll probably start off with some Imperial Renegades. I'll probably play a few games as Orks as well. I'll be sure to let you guys know my thoughts after we play a few games.

Oh and happy birthday Arachas!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Call Liberty   Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Salute Welcome Brother Beetis!!! Salute
Very cool to have you here! It is great to have vets around, with new/old ideas.

We are a friendly bunch... but DEMAND pics. Start sharing pics, before mudboy starts challenging his anger towards you. Better yet, don't post pics... maybe he will leave me alone! HA!

Seriously... the forum has become a treasure trove of information and pictures. It will take time, but you will have fun. Battle Reports are amazing; take Arachas (damn... I MEAN, Corintus!) latest reports. You will find a few comics (AWESOME!) and works on models: from painting to sculpting. The tutorials... and the Prisoner Exchanges.

If you find anything you could improve, let us know! Enjoy YOUR game!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Call Liberty   Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Welcome aboard BB! Very Happy
As said it's good to have another veteran here! And did someone already said something about pics? We love pics! The more the better! So please share them! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call Liberty   Today at 9:32 am

Back to top Go down

Call Liberty
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1