Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need some advice/help with some bases

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
littleducky

I need some advice/help with some bases Empty
PostSubject: I need some advice/help with some bases   I need some advice/help with some bases I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:53 pm

So, I've decided that I'm sticking with sewers/industrial themed bases, and for my slew of foots logging ork boyz, I've decided to keep it simple. My idea of simple bases was a sort of "grating" made from the small square stuff for crocheting. Its a very soft plastic, and my problem has been getting it to stick to my bases. I've tried citadel thin super glue, regular super glue, testors model glue, plastic cement, and even tried sticking it with modelling putty. None of these work. Anybody got any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice/help with some bases   I need some advice/help with some bases I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 am

Never used the stuff myself, but Narcissus is the expert from what I can remember. I've use metal grid from a DIY store in the past (bends and twists nicely, but is a pain to use en masse).
Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice/help with some bases   I need some advice/help with some bases I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:59 am

I've found it came be a bit of a pain as well. I would recommend just adding lots of super glue. I haven't used it much on bases though. It can be annoying to get paint to adhere to it as well.

Maybe you could try a thin layer of putty and then super glue to grating to that before it sets. That should give you a fairly strong bond.

Hot glue would probably work well too. Just glue gun it down. It might not be the strongest long term, but it would probably work okay.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice/help with some bases   I need some advice/help with some bases I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 7:10 am

I've used this before, and the only thing that seemed to work was flooding the d**n things with superglue. I used it on my Prisoner Exchange model, which can be found here, if you want to trawl through it, and in my personal opinion worked out well. Dunno if that helps?
Back to top Go down
littleducky

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice/help with some bases   I need some advice/help with some bases I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:35 pm

I've tried to stray from flooding it with anything as I want to maintain the 3d details. I'm going to try hot glue, that seems like a winning idea to me.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice/help with some bases   I need some advice/help with some bases I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 pm

"granny grating" is really hard to get to stick.
try spray priming it before try sticking it maybe?

hot glue also works. It's what those crafy people use to glue fabric to it.
Back to top Go down
littleducky

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice/help with some bases   I need some advice/help with some bases I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Granny grating haha you know exactly what I'm talking about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice/help with some bases   I need some advice/help with some bases I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need some advice/help with some bases
Page 1 of 1