Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Art of Cronevald

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Art of Cronevald Empty
PostSubject: Art of Cronevald   Art of Cronevald I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:56 pm

cronevald is a actual GW artist he gave us permission to use this one piece as it's not one he did for them.
It's a Savlar Chem Dog

Art of Cronevald Chem_Dog_by_cronevald
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

Art of Cronevald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art of Cronevald   Art of Cronevald I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:32 am

Very nice.
Back to top Go down
rhuntar

rhuntar

Art of Cronevald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art of Cronevald   Art of Cronevald I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Very cool. Although I have no idea what a Saviar Chem Dog is....
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
Laney

Laney

Art of Cronevald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art of Cronevald   Art of Cronevald I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:31 am

Nice image - very clean (a little too clean for a chem dog!). Almost renegade if not for the imperial eagle!
@Rhuntar: The Savlar Chem Dogs are an imperial guard regiment mentioned in the previous IG codex for having very poor discipline, looting the battlefield and generally acting more like a penal legion (if I remember correctly).
From the Warhammer40k Wiki...
The Savlar Chem-Dogs are Penal Legion regiments that serve within the Imperial Guard. They draw their recruits from the prisons on the inhospitable penal world of Savlar by the promise that they will be allowed to keep anything they take from the battlefield, as well as the chance to get away from Savlar's highly toxic environment. Though these Guard regiments are primarily composed of immoral, desperate cut-throats, they have been forged into an effective fighting force, and are some of the most hard-bitten, tenacious and outright dirty fighters in the Imperium of Man.
"You can keep that, mate! Won't fetch me more than a few credits on the market anyway. All this death-and-glory crap isn't really my business. I'm in it for the loot."
— Sergeant Joto of the XXII Savlar upon receiving a medal for bravery after the bloodbath at Trenia
Back to top Go down
rhuntar

rhuntar

Art of Cronevald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art of Cronevald   Art of Cronevald I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 am

@Laney I guess actually looking things up is one way to go....

That's a great little snippet from the wiki. A toxic world makes the rebreather/respirator in the picture make sense. Sounds like an intriguing modeling opportunity....
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
Sponsored content

Art of Cronevald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art of Cronevald   Art of Cronevald I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Art of Cronevald
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Artists' Honor Hall-
Jump to: