Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just found your game...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
robbieman47

Just found your game... Empty
PostSubject: Just found your game...   Just found your game... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:35 am

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.  My gaming group and I were sitting around the other night talking about how cool it would be to play skirmish rules in 40k.  We even went as far as writing down some rules and feeling out army costs and wargear lists.  For the evening, we ended up playing 500 pt games with force org thrown out the window.  Using mostly independent characters and monstrous creatures.

We had a BLAST.

After we were done for the evening, I started researching 40k skirmish rules and stumbled upon your community.  I'm really excited about what I've read and hope we can help with the attempt to revitalize the game and community.

First and foremost, we need to make some lists and try out what appears to be quite comprehensive rules.

We hope to get some battle reports up on the site sooner than later, but as everyone experiences, real life is a buzz kill.  Two members of my group are in the process of moving to new homes, and another recently had a newborn.

But I'm hoping to get everyone back together in mid august so until then, I'm going to be jonsing on these rules and making lists.

Thanks for the game and the community, hope to start contributing soon!

Cheers!
-Robbie
Back to top Go down
rhuntar

rhuntar

PostSubject: Re: Just found your game...   Just found your game... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:59 am

I just posted on your rules question, but i've got two minutes before I need to start work, so I figured I should welcome you here too!

Welcome!

It's true DS isn't an original idea, but it's been refined very well, and has some lofty ambitions as a detailed 40k Skirmish game.

Let us know how your games go!  We'd love feedback on how the game plays for you and your group!  

What part of the world do you guys live in?

How long have you all been wargaming and what codexs/games do you play?

Enjoy your stay!
-rhuntar
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
robbieman47

PostSubject: Re: Just found your game...   Just found your game... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks again for your reply to my rules question.  It will allow me to move forward with my squad and hopefully field them soon!

My gaming group is located in Minnesota.  We've been playing 40k off and on since 2nd edition.  We field the following armies on the regular: Grey Knights, Space Marines (custom), Dark Angels, Tau, Eldar, Tyranid, Necron.  We used to have a player that would field Chaos, but he's been out of the hobby for almost a decade now.

But we haven't broken into the 6th edition yet.

We also play some table top RPGs and a few MMOs.

So skirmish games in 40k will combine some of our favorite things about the games we play.  We were thinking about Inquisitor, but the nice thing about Deathsquads is that it allows players to focus on their lists rather than having a dedicated GM.  Although we've toyed around with the idea of having a floater NPC list around that we could play against other squads for more of a narrative feel, rather than playing against the same squads all the time.

So aside from 40k, we haven't dove too deeply into other game systems.  Anything you'd strongly recommend?

Thanks again for the rules question answer as well as the welcome.  Hope to be contributing sooner than later.

Take care.
-Robbie
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Just found your game...   Just found your game... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:49 am

Welcome to Deathsquads!

Show pics of your lists if you get time. DS is a great way to build a story.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Just found your game...   Just found your game... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:12 am

Hi and welcome!

Apart from the obvious 40k goodness that our very own Death Squads brings, if you're into skirmish you should check out Infinity. Fast, tactical and easy to learn.

And show us pics! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just found your game...   Just found your game... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just found your game...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: