The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fluff on my Catachans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dwi

PostSubject: Re: Fluff on my Catachans   Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Ok I hate dubble posting but heres some fluff on my Catachans

Captain Wilber "Dead Head" Regals
Wilber is the Captain of the 501st Catachan's 3rd company. He is a large man even for a Catachan though not as big as the famous Harker, he can take the heavy recoil of his "Astartes MK Vb Godwyn pattern bolter" with ease. His nick name, as all Catachans want a name, came from when he was fighting 'nids on the world of Golotha, when he smacked his Commisar in the face for "exacuteing" one of his squad mates (he was just trooper Regals then) for "insalting him". The Commisar said that good captain's dead head would be on pike outside the HQ by morning. Needless to say that never happend as the Commisar was killed by a 'stealer 15 minutes later.
Wilber still chuckles when he tells the story to younglings, when he was going to be "Dead Headed"

Lieutenant Ed "'Skin Scalper" Rossman
Ed got his name from when he was hunting Orks on Armageddon, as he tended to take Ork scalps as trophies. ED prefers close combat rather than shooting from afar

Lieutenant Olman "Pig" Degwits
When you look at Olman it dose not take long to figger out why he is called "Pig".
His nose was cut of leaving just a stump, ans his skin is a pinkish color. He sweats and his uniform is soaked all the time, and he allways seems to be covered in dirt.
Despite this howerer his platoon loves the bearded brute for his low cunning and straight forword thinking make him one of the best of the best.

Sergeant Rickles "Hard Fist" Glen
Glen is a joker and over all con man. Often cheating his fellows out of there money,
and pulling pranks. He is a good fighter with his fists aswell hence his nick name. He gets in to trouble but can get hinself out faster then he got in. Wich make him a great sergeant for going behind enemy lines, blowing something up, then getting his men (most of them) back in one pice.

Sergeant Hectro "Pin Eyes" Melgoon
Hectro got his name from his knack of being able to pin a new guy to the wall with just a stare. Hectro is a no nonsence man who dose not tolerate slip ups

Cheif Compand Medic Louis "Quick Fingers" Lorenzo
Louis is the 3rd copmany's cheif medic. Considered to be one of the best medics for his fast fingers hence his nick name, Louis can get a wounded tropper pached up and back in the field in 10 minutes! Wich makes him one of the best Guardsmen in the 3rd

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Fluff on my Catachans   Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:34 am

Just start a new thread! Remember, it is easier to follow... and we ALL want to read it! Smile
So far... very cool! Cool

BTW... I split the post to a new thread. Smile

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dwi

PostSubject: Re: Fluff on my Catachans   Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Ah so you liked it after all, good

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
dwi

PostSubject: Re: Fluff on my Catachans   Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:23 am

Ok here is the army list so far, I'm still working on it

Regals's Spikers
(IG)

Catachan upgrade 100creds
Officers:

I can just blast away with guy and not have to get his hands dirty

Captain Wilber "Dead Head" Regals 60creds
Bolter 27creds, Mesh Armour 17creds.=104creds
CFang free

The Lieutenants are not all that important to my battle plan, they are just the guys to get up close, so this is it

Lieutenant Ed "'Skin Scalper" Rossman
Autopistol 5creds, Mesh Armour 17creds.=62creds
CFang free

Liuetenant Olman "Pig" Gegwits
Autopistol 5creds, Mesh Armour 17creds.=62creds
CFang free

The sergeants are important however

Serheant Rickles "Hard Fist" Glen
Autogun 13creds, Mesh Armour 17creds.=60creds
CFang free

Sergeant Hectro "Pin Eyes" Melgoon
Autogun 13creds, Mesh Armour 17creds.=60creds
CFang free

This may not seem like much, however with the autoguns they can sit back and blast away with Captain "Dead Head". Not only that but they can protect "Quick Fingers" somewhat if they have to. If I use them on there own and there is a recruite near by that can roll leadership on the "Good 'Ol Sarg" rule. I'm not going to underestamate that.

Recruits:

Chief Company Mecic Louis "Quick Fingers" Lorenzo
Autopistol 5creds.=30creds

Tropper Woods
Autogun 13creds.=38creds

Your thoughts so far? What should I get next? I wanna go for a Ogryn and GLauncher guy would that work?

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Fluff on my Catachans   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 pm

The Catachans play VERY differently than Cadians... I mean, you play them anywhere you want, but to make them really effective, you are best served by 'sneaking' and getting up close and personal.

The Catachan Fangs allow re-roll of failed to-wound rolls! You should gear your Officers to get close. Recruits will serve as support fire.

I would go with Bolt Pistol and Catachan Fang for the Captain. Bolter is nice, but is useless in Close Combat! I would get him a Carapace Armor.

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
dwi

PostSubject: Re: Fluff on my Catachans   Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:00 am

Yes that is true. However after looking at the numbers I find that the Bolter would work best. After all Wilber is my best fighter I would like tp keep him safe. It's all part of the plan, don't freakout Just Kidding

(EDIT: Oh on that GLauncher should I take one? or should I go with a flamer?)

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Fluff on my Catachans   Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:33 am

I would go with flamer first. Then get a Grenade Launcher after money is not tight.

Remember... I am THE worst tactician... you should not listen to me!

Back to top Go down
dwi

PostSubject: Re: Fluff on my Catachans   Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Ha! Yup, I've seen the way you play lol! I might swich to a boltpistol to save creds
then get the bolter later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fluff on my Catachans   Today at 7:32 am

Back to top Go down

Fluff on my Catachans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1