Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades Empty
PostSubject: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:50 am

we played our first game tonight on the folowing board.

Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades Deathsquadgame1scenery

we played the hidden artifact scenario. the areas that could be search were surrounded by doors.

here the rules we used:

Movement:
each character moved its full movement in squares rather then inches.[eg 4" = 4squares etc]

Range:
was the same in movement instead of 24" range it would be 24 squares.

Doors:
each door was locked and had to be opended. to do this each mini could attempt to open the door by doing a leadership test. recruits had one chance whilst oficers could re-roll one dice if they failed.

also once there were no minis 1 square either side of the door it would automatically reseal.

reasoning was it was an old mining base that suffered from power issues and sensor pads by each door for safety. [so no one would be crushed by a closing door.]

NB: this proved interesting as my sneakiy boss failed to open a door two turns in a row.other times three minis could get through but the fourth would be to far from the door so it would close then they failed to open it. we are thinking about changing this to having some doors with different colour markings on them.
Green:these doors are low security and will automatically open and close.
Yellow: these doors must be manually opened and a leader ship test is required to do this. minimum security level.
Red: a security cardmust be found and used to oepn thes doors. [highsecurity level doors]

we had a few questions regarding this game:

1] at the end of the game we see there is a chart [ pge 71 of the rules book] that says what you get in the chest.
auto 3D6 credit
3+ D6 frag grenades
5+ power sword
5+ D3 exchangable Resources
6+ Local Political Information

do I simply roll a dice and if I get a 3 my squad gets the frag grenades, on a roll of 5 i can choose either the sword or the reasources? for example say Iroll a 4 what do I get?

2] Also do I get to do the "search the battle field" for this scenario or is the chest the only winings the winner gets?

3] my nob started the battle with 20 exp pts he gained 2 during the game how many advancement rolls does he get?

4] in the scenario it states that if only one character is caring the chest he moves at half his distance...
walk would go from 4 to 2
running would go from 8 to 4

is this correct? also can you hand the chest off to another character?[do you need to do test to see if they get it or accidently drop it?

5] with rapid fire guns do you roll both shots together or one after the other?

6] once a character is OOA you roll on the injury chart to see what happens to them? if he's a recruit on a 1-2 he dies on a 3-6 they fight normally? as one of my Ardboyz was OOA. So I then I simpley roll on the officers serious injury chart? SO I rolled my two dice [red = ten units, white = units] and got Red:6 white:5 = 65 so the Ork Ard boy now has horrible scars and causes fear.

Is the above action correct?

7] we had a cloase combat where my ork Ard boy was being attacked by two IR sergeants. I wanted to fire my burna at them [who was 1 square behind my Ard boy, he and the the two IR sergeants were covered by the template] but my Ard boy would have been hit. can I use a flamer to shoot into close combat?

Quote :
stated on page 30.

[quote]regardless where the tip of the weapon is located, and the rest of the template covers as many fighters as possible in the target unit without touching any friendly models.

I did not use the flamer in the end due to the above qoute. Could I have fired it? and would my ork been hit on 1-2 whilst the sergeants would have been 3-4 and 5-6?

8] on page 39 the chart should have been titiled as "To-Hit chart" in stead of "To-Wound chart" and the strength down the side should have been weapon skill as this chart is WS Vs WS??? <--- are we right? was confusing at first when the chart had Strength down the side and weapon skill on top....

Game over view:

I won't spoil it by saying the result until I get chance to write up the battle.....

But we didn't get a chance to use all of the rules.we did get to try out shooting both templated and projectile weapons ,also some rounds of CC.... we did walking and running plus charging.

We didn't get to use cover but this will change once I get more terrian built [eg crates,barrells, rubble etc]

We had only 2 hours to play this game and also had my two sprogs with us.[both our wives were at the premiure of the new Rob patterson movie....I won a double pass from one of the local radio stations...got alot of brownie points with that one.... cheers cheers cheers cheers]

next game will have the looser trying to attack the winners strong hold to gain back the spoils from this game. should be interesting.....

will add pics and report.....soon

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 pm

First... nice alternative board. Another form & function to prove the Fighting in Closed Quarters (FiCQ) concept will work. I love the door concept! HA! Sneaky Boss stuck playing with 'humie tech' HA!

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
1] at the end of the game we see there is a chart [ pge 71 of the rules book] that says what you get in the chest.
auto 3D6 credit
3+ D6 frag grenades
5+ power sword
5+ D3 exchangable Resources
6+ Local Political Information

do I simply roll a dice and if I get a 3 my squad gets the frag grenades, on a roll of 5 i can choose either the sword or the reasources? for example say I roll a 4 what do I get?
I believe it is explained at the begining of the Exploration Phase section (I don't have a copy of TLRB with me... but I'm 99% sure!) you roll a dice for each item. The first item you get 3D6 credits... now for the other lines. Lets say on the 1st roll you got a 4. It means you get D6 frags. for the 2nd line, you rolled a 4; you get nothing. For the 3rd line, you got a 2; you get nothing. For the last one you get a 6... so you get " Local Political Information". Smile

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
2] Also do I get to do the "search the battle field" for this scenario or is the chest the only winings the winner gets?
You can search the battlefield as normal. It is part of the income calculation. Smile

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
3] my nob started the battle with 20 exp pts he gained 2 during the game how many advancement rolls does he get?
If you check on the Advancement XP, I beleive he needs 24 XP to get an Advancement. This means that since he got 2 XPs, you are still short. This scale is being revised for TLRB v0.5.0... but you may see just slight variances (IF ANY). The changes will set precedence for the Space Marines.

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
4] in the scenario it states that if only one character is caring the chest he moves at half his distance...
walk would go from 4 to 2; running would go from 8 to 4
is this correct? also can you hand the chest off to another character?[do you need to do test to see if they get it or accidentally drop it?
I'm not sure... I don't have TLRB with me. I beleive that he can only Walk at 1/2 M, unless assisted by another person, in which case they move normally.

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
5] with rapid fire guns do you roll both shots together or one after the other?
If you are shooting at the sme target, you can roll at the same time for speed. There is a rule for shooting at multiple targets. Don't remember specifics... but is a long shot. If you HAVE declared this intention BEFORE firing, then treat as separate shots (rolls).

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
6] once a character is OOA you roll on the injury chart to see what happens to them? if he's a recruit on a 1-2 he dies on a 3-6 they fight normally? as one of my Ardboyz was OOA. So I then I simply roll on the officers serious injury chart? SO I rolled my two dice [red = ten units, white = units] and got Red:6 white:5 = 65 so the Ork Ard boy now has horrible scars and causes fear.

Is the above action correct?
Not sure what you mean... so I will walk you through it. The 'Ard Boy goes OOA on the game... you remove the model from the table and set it aside. Keep playing as normal (minus that fighter, of course!) At the END of the game, you go to the post-game sequence. Lets say you lost the 'Ard Boy (Officer) and 2 Gretchins (Recruits). First, you find Serious Injury for Officers and Recruits. You roll a D66 (2 six-sided dice... best if different colors like you mentioned) for the 1st Officer.... you rolled 65. The Serious Injury Chart indicates that he has Horrible Scars (causes Fear!). If you have a Painboy, you can re-roll this. You decide to keep it. Now you roll a D6 for the 1 Gretchin. You roll a 2, so it means he dies. You decide to use the Painboy Medic! You re-roll and got a 3. So, the Painboy succesfully managed to put a lighting rod up the Grot's ass and bring him to life... he may walk funny, but he is OK. You roll for the 2nd Grot, and got a 1. He dies.... since you already used the Medic! Skill.

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
7] we had a cloase combat where my ork Ard boy was being attacked by two IR sergeants. I wanted to fire my burna at them [who was 1 square behind my Ard boy, he and the the two IR sergeants were covered by the template] but my Ard boy would have been hit. can I use a flamer to shoot into close combat?
YESSSSS!!!!! You can shot into Close Combat without any problems. In the case of the flamer... let them ALL BURN! If you shot, lets say two shots with a rifle, 1st you determine who will be 'attacked' by each shot randomly (TLRB has a whole section on it, if you need help), then determine to-hit and to-wound as normal.

stated on page 30 wrote:
regardless where the tip of the weapon is located, and the rest of the template covers as many fighters as possible in the target unit without touching any friendly models.I did not use the flamer in the end due to the above qoute. Could I have fired it? and would my ork been hit on 1-2 whilst the sergeants would have been 3-4 and 5-6?
Hmmm... it should say 'attempting not to touch any friendly units', or specifically indicate they you can. I will put it on the list. In any case, a Template weapon affects everyone under it... so all models should be affected.

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
8] on page 39 the chart should have been titiled as "To-Hit chart" in stead of "To-Wound chart" and the strength down the side should have been weapon skill as this chart is WS Vs WS??? <--- are we right? was confusing at first when the chart had Strength down the side and weapon skill on top....
It is a typo. Already fixed for the next release of TLRB. Wink

Glad you got to test different aspects. While playing with tiles (FiCQ) is good, I think you should play with .... errr... more traditional (?) setting first, so you get used to climbing, jumping, diving charges ans well as massive Close Combat. FiCQ does introduces GREAT tactical variances, but is restrictive (because you are on corridors!) Anyhow, I'm VERY happy you got stuff moving and that you had a good time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 pm

we played corridors as that's the only scenery i have still getting other scenery made up.

we can still play on corridors as We can make different levels so we can learn to climb, a gap between tiles to figure out jumping, and make crates, barrels and rubble for different types of cover.

one thing for sure in [FiCQ] flamers and Rapid fire weapons will be a big choice to take. hence why my Orks have three burnas and three shootas.

thx for the answers we'll try to organize the 2nd game for next week if we can. see what happens....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:54 pm

cheers GO BURNA BOYZ!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:43 pm

ok so after reading your answers we rolled for the spoils:

And got the following:

Winner Rolled: 33 [6 Exchangable Resources] [dice result]

armourer
runied hovel

Treasure chest: [dice result]
3D6 credits: 2,4,5
d3 frag grenades: 4
powersword: 5
d3 Exchangable resoures: 5
political information: 4

Looser Rolled: 14 [3 Exchangable resources] [dice result]

shop
wrecked truck

RESULTS:

Winner:
armourer: 1 refractor field
ruined hovel: 16 credits

Treasure chest:
3D6 credits: 11 credits
d3 frag grenades: 1 frag grenades
powersword: 1 power sword
d3 Exchangable resoures: 2 Exchangable Resources
political information: 0

Looser:
shop: 18 credits
wrecked truck: 1 lucky charm

Exchangable Resources: [both squads have 11 members]

Winner:

8 ER [130 credits]

Looser:

3 ER [60 credits]

So the final loot is:

Winner:
157 credits
1x Refractor Field
1x Power Sword
1x Frag grenade

Looser:
78 credits
1x Lucky Charm

Is what we have done correct?

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Almost. I believe that that each player picks any ONE 'bonus'... so the winner takes either the armorer or the ruined hovel... then you rolled what is on the area. Since you are new, you are THE best person to check to see if this specified on TLRB.

Anyway... GREAT ROLLS!!! Way above average! Super cool!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Almost. I believe that that each player picks any ONE 'bonus'... so the winner takes either the armorer or the ruined hovel... then you rolled what is on the area. Since you are new, you are THE best person to check to see if this specified on TLRB.

Anyway... GREAT ROLLS!!! Way above average! Super cool!

ok so only one speacial location is chosen....sweat

i got the 4 year old to roll was fair and it kept her occupied....

so with the new war gear who gets it? any officer?

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:47 pm

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
so with the new war gear who gets it? any officer?
That is the beauty of it... ANYONE you want can get the gear!

If the unit meets the item requirements (for example Weapons Training, Sniper Rifle to use a Sniper Rifle) then the unit can use it! For example, you find 4 Mesh Armors, you can give one to each Officer or give them to a Recruit group of 4 guys! it is UP TO YOU!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:04 pm

well its and easy choice

we'll take the refractor field drop the extra credits for the winner

and take the lucky charm and drop the extra credits for the looser.

So the final loot is:

Winner:
141 credits
1x Refractor Field
1x Power Sword
1x Frag grenade

Looser:
60 credits
1x Lucky Charm

Cheers
LGW

NB: how does the Sneaky Boss earn more stuff? I think you mentioned some where on another thread.
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:07 am

LGW: Hummmmm..... well I see you hade a good time Smile
Mord: It would suck if it was that 1% eh? Just Kidding

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 am

dwi wrote:
LGW: Hummmmm..... well I see you hade a good time Smile
Mord: It would suck if it was that 1% eh? Just Kidding

Aquila dwi Aquila

1%?????

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm

1%? I'm lost too! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:16 pm

"(I don't have a copy of the TLRB with me... but I'm 99% sure)"
Thats from Mords 1st post. I'm just saying I would laugh if the correct answer was that 1%

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:50 pm

LOL! I get it now.... hehehehe
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:34 am

Mordheimer wrote:
LOL! I get it now.... hehehehe

LOL

ditto

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:15 pm

Quote :
Glad you got to test different aspects. While playing with tiles (FiCQ) is good, I think you should play with .... errr... more traditional (?) setting first, so you get used to climbing, jumping, diving charges ans well as massive Close Combat. FiCQ does introduces GREAT tactical variances, but is restrictive (because you are on corridors!) Anyhow, I'm VERY happy you got stuff moving and that you had a good time!

well you might like to see my altered tiles now...... its gone 3D!!!!!

I now have multiple levels, ares for climbing and even some areas that require you to jump across.

so our next game we can and will try all of the rules.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:01 am

Set Up....

the Ork and IR forces enter through the tunnels under the complex. Both forces cautiously gather around the tunnel hatches. The Ork Sneaky Boss heads off to search ahead of the squad.

Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades Setupgame1

Turn 1 [Orks]

The ork squad spreads out; the Trash-kan lead by The Pain boy, Ard boy, Burna boy and a lone Boy head up the corridor towards the IR entrance. The Nob ,Werid boy, grotz, Burna boy and 2nd Ard boy head off towards the location of the first room that will need to be searched. The Nob succeeds in opening the locked door.he has a quick search and fails to find the hidden artifacts.

Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades Dsgame1turn1orks

The Sneaky boss been learned in the ways of sneakying around and finding stuff actually locates the Hidden artifact. [Roll 6 Roll 6]

Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades Dsgame1turn1aorks

Turn 1 [Imperial Renegades]

Realizing that the artifact had been found by the greenskins the Renegades rush forward to words the location of the Sneaky Boss.

Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades Dsgame1turn1ir

ends Turn #1

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 am

heheheh.... crazy dice man! Your board looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
heheheh.... crazy dice man! Your board looks awesome!

going to look even better soon with its added walls and multiple levels.....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades   Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game #1: Orks Vs Imperial Reegades
Page 1 of 1