Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain Empty
PostSubject: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 5:38 am

Found this great project thought I'd put it on here as this might be fun to use for a Game of Incursion, DeathSquad, DeadZone, Mars Attack, Space Hulk, Space Crusade, Necromunda, Infinity, etc etc...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-sci-fi-modular-terrain
Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain 5582c9eef9470c78a1e350a68a90125d_large

looks great I have pledge in for the Stronghold level [which seems to be the sweet spot] 
already gone through 3 stretch goals with more coming and the creator is on the comments page talking to backers which to me is a great thing. 

Stronghold Pledge:
Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain 24f72659f4173d122dd32b5e404141e0_large

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:15 pm

What is it made of?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Narcissus wrote:
What is it made of?
thick card. not sure on the actual thickness but they had told us it will handle most minis weight.

LGW
Back to top Go down
wookiejunior

wookiejunior

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:59 pm

It says it's made of 1.7mm thick card in the FAQ
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:45 pm

It looks amazing and if I hadn't just bought a new kitchen I'd probably be in for this - I am very tempted!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Laney wrote:
It looks amazing and if I hadn't just bought a new kitchen I'd probably be in for this - I am very tempted!

Laney Very Happy
I am so glad I found this KS and with the AvP Kickstarter out now its going to be massive to have them both. 

I am selling all of my minis I don't use or want.

If anyone is keen to see what I have I can post internationally as well. 

LGW
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:30 pm

It looks very nice. I just can't get excited about cardboard terrain at that price point. I'm curious how the final product will all look as the other cardboard terrain out there seems to have issues with clips and things.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 am

Narcissus wrote:
It looks very nice. I just can't get excited about cardboard terrain at that price point. I'm curious how the final product will all look as the other cardboard terrain out there seems to have issues with clips and things.
We are waiting on the Strength test video where they will show how strong the set up will be.
Large sized minis on the gantries etc. Also one of the guys asked about the clips and the image we were shown it was really hard to see the acrylic clips and compared to other companies you won't even notice them. [in fact they had to have an image with the clips circled for us to actually notice them] 

will try and find the image regarding the clips.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:29 am

The only thing I would say about cardboard terrain like this (having bought some WWG malifaux sets last Christmas), is that they take a while to build - so the idea of modifying them for each game isn't quite as simple as it seems - unless you are going to create sections that you can then join together in different configurations.

Still might chip in for this towards the end if the value is there.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain   Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: Battle Systems™ Sci-fi Modular Terrain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other War Games :: Lord GreyWolf's Den (Misc Games) :: Crowd Funding Projects-
Jump to: