Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition Empty
PostSubject: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 6:26 pm

A new Edition of the game that started it all for me. Of course this I became an instant backer when I came across this one.
I'm not able to put all of the info here right away as I'm posting this on my phone, but here's the link already so you can check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2113976860/heroquest-25th-anniversary
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Some IP drama surrounding this one at the minute - but it would be very cool if it got solved.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Yeah, I know...got a mail from Kickstarter today about it. Really too bad if this means a permanent end to the project. Sad
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:04 pm

I found this update from one of the guys of the project team:

Please bear with us. Gamezone and Moon Design are in a meeting negotiating a settlement for both parts at this time.

Moon Design believes that their interests in the HEROQUEST brand within the USA will be infringed upon.  Although we are not distributing or selling our product in US territory. As a precaution Moon Design presented a C/D on the 27th of Nov. Our talks are coming to a point where the negotiation will benefit all those involved, which finally would let us offer our product in stores in the USA sometime next year.

The Moon Design C/D was suspended, but on the table, as another element in the negotiation. Here at Gamezone it is our hopeful understand that its activation is possibly  by error as both parties where coming to an agreement. Said agreement would finally end beneficially for Fans in the USA by opening the physical distribution to stores in that country. This brief pause of activity is as harmful to the interests of Moon Design as it is to Gamezone Miniatures.

We are as surprised as the Heroquest community, we didn’t expect that on Thanksgiving, of all days,  to be wrapped up in this mess, that is so disagreeable for everyone involved. On a day such as this it is extremely complicated to get in touch with Moon Design. We are working diligently on a solution so we can continue with the project from where it is at the moment and reinforce it for the future.

Thank you. Dionisio

http://www.heroquestclassic.com/about-kickstarter-paused-situation/
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:24 am

I'm in on this and really hope this is just a temporary blip - it looks like it has the potential to be pretty amazing. I bought an old copy last year (for nostalgia purposes) and that was good fun to play and my boys will be able to play in a few years too. This is my excuse for pledging on so many kickstarters, but it is starting to wear thin now.

Fingers crossed it'll be back up soon.

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:31 am

I also bought the old edition with all of, in dutch available, the expansions. Also mostly for nostalgia purposes, but with this upcoming kickstarter my gaming group and I decided that we should play the old edition as a "warm up" for the upcoming new one. So I guess I'll be planning a Heroquest game night pretty soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:35 pm

sorry guys this project is a NO go.

It got pulled from Kickstarter by Game Zone due to the IP issues. 
It then went onto a Spanish funding site but was pulled 2 hours after it started by the Funding site.

At present this game is dead. 

LGW
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:19 am

Jup, unfortunately. Sad
Sorry I didn't post about it, guess I was too disappointed when I received the first email of Kickstarter that it was put "on hold". After that I have read a lot about the situation on various fora and especially on boardgamegeek. It looks like that these guys were only out for the money and didn't care about any legal consequences.
Real shame though as I'd love to see a new or remake edition of one of my favorite games.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:11 pm

I'd followed the saga on Dakka Dakka - shame - I'd LOVE a new Heroquest!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 7:16 am

On a side note: Statuesque miniatures are releasing a group of adventurers; An elf, dwarf, barbarian and wizard that look pretty cool so far (he may also produce upgrade parts for them).

If you like heroquest it might be worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:49 am

Went onto Lanzanos (in Spain) and got funded. I didn't go in for it, but I'd buy a retail version straight off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition   Heroquest 25th Anniversary  Edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition
Page 1 of 1