Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leathery4skin

Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear  Empty
PostSubject: Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear    Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Im all rev'ed up about building my new squad. I've got a bunch of Cadians and Catachans, even some Space Marine Scouts. I've been browsing through here and it seems like I'm going to want/need to upgrade weaponry or modify my fighters to represent injuries, bionics or mutations. We used to snap off the old weapons and reglue new back in 1995/6. That was way before they had neodymium magnets available. Magnets can be a pain, plus they spin in unusual positions. Do you guys represent new wargear and changes on your miniatures? If so, how?
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear    Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 7:56 am

For recruits I make models for the different setups I tend to use and try to keep them WYSIWYG.

Officers or big beasts I either make a clone with the new upgrades/injuries or magnetize. On bigger models I use pins and magnets. The small magnets are enough to keep the limb/hand attached and the pins keeps it from rotating.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear    Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 11:10 pm

I don't change out different weapons. I used to but was too much work. Smile

just need to list properly on the squad roster sheet.
Back to top Go down
Leathery4skin

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear    Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 11:43 pm

I thought about having very distinctive heads for my Officers and putting them on magnets. That way if their load outs change dramatically, I can do a body swap. I like both Daemonicus' idea and DA banks. I might combine both. Just keep recruits WYSIWYG and have spare in case of extra recruitment or starting over and modeling and the officers with magnets but always be sure to carefully list in shown items on the roster
Back to top Go down
Leathery4skin

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear    Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 11:44 pm

unshown* items
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear    Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrading miniatures as squad members buy new wargear
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: