The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hailing frequency open

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kommissar_Raven

PostSubject: Hailing frequency open   Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Hey everyone Smile
I'm the NEW new person, atleast until the next new person signs on. I just downloaded the rules. Obviously my next project is to actualy read them. A little about me: I design games as a hobby. I play stuff too. It's very rare that I play a strategy game without modifying it atleast a little, if not beyond all recognition. I've made a few rpg's, my own version of star wars, a 1930's pulp heroes/x-files, Pirates, and a few others. I got into 40k a little less than a year ago (and, of course, modified it.) I'm not sure how often I'll be at these forums, but I just wanted to say Hi.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Hailing frequency open   Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Hello and Welcome!

How did you come across in the Warp?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hailing frequency open   Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:10 pm

HEY! Welcome man!

We like you! People who are VERY critical of our work, and help us make it better. Please, give all input you got... ALL is welcomed! Wink One thing that we could ask you is to play the game as written for a little while, before going into a changing binge. Heheheh... Well, the reason is that this is a game that has LOTS of "Ninja Designs". Basically, everything is done for a reason that may not be spelled out, but do affect the campaigns in the long run.

For example... I GUARANTEE YOU, I mean I'm 1,000,000% that NOBODY can create a 'perfect' Squad with 700 credits. All players would feel like their Squad is nothing like they imagine it should be, and they are 'tempted' to modify the rules right away. This 'handicap' is a design ASSET (not a flaw!)... so after the very 1st game, no matter the results, ALL players would feel their Squad improves. Suspect

Hard to explain... but take for example an Imperial Guard (Cadian Regional Platoon) Squad. You would notice that if you take LOTS of people, with cheap gear, you may get 13 guys out of 20. Officer would have cheap armor, no helmets and autoguns. Does not seem to be very IG... but after the first game, you could buy some helmets and they would feel like an advancement. On game two, you will get an advancements on almost everyone... you see your Squad grow in power.

You do NOT have to believe me. Ask dwi, who right away wanted to change some stuff... and by trying certain things as they are written, he got the concept. Other people, like 02laney, cody20 and Lord GreyWolf can tell you themselves... give the game a good honest chance as written. Then, if you find places where it can be improved, we would LOVE for you to guide us.

Meanwhile... WELCOME!!! and have LOTS of fun!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hailing frequency open   Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:46 am

Welcome Very Happy ,

Mordheimers got it dead right - the squads in our (Varangian) campaign are already getting a life of their own, with rivalries, hatred, injuries, madness and promotion (And that's just one squad!). It's a great story driven game. The other great thing is that everyone can contribute to improving the game - no more FAQ - that really would be something!

Enjoy
cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hailing frequency open   Today at 10:23 pm

Back to top Go down

Hailing frequency open
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1