Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity Empty
PostSubject: Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity   Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Data Slate Recording...
South Varangian 10th/95th Rifles: Routine patrol through the Luciferous Wastelands to the south of the Peradephus Forgehive.

'Captain, we're approaching a ruined industrial complex, an old biological testing station, according to the map cogitator unit.' Voxed Miller, the young 2nd Lieutenant, Reismann had promoted him in the field. He had few doubts about his ability to eventually command, having seen him recover valuable artifacts while under fire from the cursed eldar and go toe to toe with the Green Devil orks.
'Take your unit forward and secure the buildings Miller. Be aware, we've had reports of Simmersen and his cronies in this region,' replied Reismann.
'Yes Sir!'
Reismann looked across to the Sharpshooter Pineapples and his right hand man Zaitsev who were carefully checking their weapons ready for action.
'You know what to do,' he said quietly.
Pineapples nodded slowly and moved out, followed silently by Zaitsev.
Reismann and the remaining guardsmen of the Tenth moved forwards with the practised ease of the urban fighters, flitting from cover to cover.

The Ogryn Kurtz, stepped through the rock strewn wasteland towards Reismann and his unit, with a surefootedness that belied his bulk. Aldo Kurtz was a bone 'ead - an ogryn identified to be of higher intellect than the usually childlike members of his abhuman race. Reismann had since discovered that Kurtz had not been assigned to a more prestigous regiment, due to his uncontrolled rages. The commisariat had recommended termination, until Lord Comissar Wellesley had stepped in.
'Any need smashin' boss? he asked.
'Not yet Aldo - soon,' replied Reismann, the servos in his bionic eye whirring as he focussed across the open ground, between the buildings of the testing station.
The vox link flashed on Reismanns wrist...
'Sir, contacts to the Northeast, moving in battle formation.'
'Hold fire Miller, until their identity is confirmed,' said Reismann sharply.
Moments later lasbolts fizzed in towards the Varangians, followed by the rattle of autogun fire.
'Incoming!'

Data slate recording ended...

Scenario: Skirmish

With Pineapples and Zaitsev occupying positions in the biological station, the remaining Varangians split into two units and advanced in the hope of securing the bunker.
Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity Img_6335
Members of the Lokian 13th Ice Guard 'The Lucky 13th' (identified following the 'Luciferous Incident' hearing to apportion blame), advanced fearlessly into open ground, lasguns firing to no effect.
Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity Img_6336
Reismann and his Sergeants secure the bunker, while dispensing a Lokian Guardsman with well aimed las fire. Kurtz and Unit 2 advanced into combat with the main bulk of the Ice Guard force. The Ice Guard Trooper engaged Kurtz in close combat, surviving two turns of close combat, before being knocked down and dying from a well aimed bolt from 2nd Lieutenant Miller.
Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity Img_6337
A hail of fire from the Ice Guard Captain and his officers (to the rear of the pict recording) put Sergeant Kelly OOA, which Sharpshooter Pineapples replied to with a pinpoint shot at extreme range, forcing a rout test, which failed resulting in a Varangian victory!
Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity Img_6338

Post Match Results to follow...

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity   Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Woho! We won!!! Hhehehe...

One thing I notice... the jungle finally grew some grass!!! Wink Excellent report! Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity   Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:23 am

That mat is always in use (but the guys who use it weren't there friday). I'm gonna create a few blank boards of grass flock, gravel etc and continue to build the cardstock scenery up. We a very low on even half decent scenery - but I can't bring myself to use cardboard boxes just yet!

The club takes a break for three weeks (due to good friday) now over the Easter holidays, because we are located in a school library, which shuts up (you might have noticed in the background). So apart from maybe one game (The big match up Angels vs Varangians), there'll be no more reports for a while (I will get the orks last report done).

Please don't strangle me! LOL This will mean a bit more painting! (Though all my stuff gets packed away in about 2 weeks to move - and no telling when I'll get back online)

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity   Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:32 am

Great report.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity   Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game 6 Varangian Campaign - A Case of Mistaken Identity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Campaigns & Battle Reports-
Jump to: