The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Greetings from Ohio

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: Greetings from Ohio   Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Greetings folks.
Very glad to say im new to the commuinty and anxious to get started on my first game. I am new to wargamming but im a RPG/ Tabletop Role Playing games nut.
I was glad when i found you guys before i started really buying alot of stuff for 40k because i think you just saved all us here alot of money because now we can buy less figures and play a more rewarding game than 40k.

As far as helping out im a graphic designer/ signmaker and would gladly lend my services if you need any help with that sort of stuff.
I also would be glad to lend a new players perspective to the game when i start playing.
Im looking into either Eldar or maybe a death squad krieg not sure yet. Would rather have to spend as little money as possible right now so the eldar are probably the cheaper option.

Thanks for a great game so far,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Ohio   Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Dysturbed... welcome! (funny... disturbed welcome!) Smile

I am even happier that you have joined us! You will find that Death Squads will be a great merge of miniature wargaming and RPG elements. The game itself will guide you to create cool stories! Read the Campaign section for GREAT writing from other players.

Death Squads will also serve you VERY well in your 40k venture. Rather than spending your hard earn money in an army that you are not sure you want to play, you can buy a box of troops and play Death Squads . As you progress, you may want to get more models to convert.. and if you like it, then you could build your 40k army.

I would suggest getting the 40k basic set (Assault on Black Reach, AoBR)... not only you get everything you need to start playing 40k, but LOTS of models. I use the Orks on the box set to make my Ork Mob... and feel in love with the little fungi! I got some Gretchins and some other guys. I was pleased. The AoBR has Orks and Space Marines... you could sell the SM to a friend for $30, so you keep the Orks, the templates, the dice and the 40k mini-rulebook... a true bargain! Right now we do not have the Space Marines ready (thus why I suggest you strike a deal with someone), but we are working on the core rules basics to support them. So far... they will be awesome, but not over powering!

It is VERY important for all of us that you lend us your views. We want to know what you like and dislike, what you find clear and what you find hard. We want to know about your adventures and modeling experiences (I LOVE PHOTOS!). Feel free to post on the Campaign Section. Looking forward to read about what you and your friends like.

Questions. How did you find us? Also, what kind of graphic designer are you? The 1st question is pure curiosity. The 2nd one... well, not that much. One of the few things that we need is an illustrator. TLRB has some 'borrowed' art from the web... as a space filler. We would like to give the chance to some artists to create some work (40k related, of course) to put on TLRB. This is not a priority right now... but I think it would (one day) increase the professional look we want for TLRB. So if you want to illustrate or want someone who wants to illustrate... let me know! Very Happy

Have fun with the plastic crack! Looking forward to see your models!

The Mordheimer - Death Squads' Chief Editor & Ninja Designer. Bursting with ARACHAS' Dev-Powahâ„¢! Puke
Can't wait until someone invents a time machine so I can go to the specific day in the past that I volunteered for this, so I can kick my own ass.

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Ohio   Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:24 am

I found out about you by seeing one of Da Banks posts on DakkaDakka.
And I mainly do like image and page layout design. I'm not much with illustration particularly of scifi elements but I also haven't tried my hand at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Ohio   Today at 9:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Greetings from Ohio
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1