The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Odd Bits From The Old One

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DeafNala

PostSubject: Odd Bits From The Old One   Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 am

Here's a feww accessory pieces I did up for no particular reason awhile back. Typically in order to get some photos (my Camera of Continual Contrariness is Demonically Possessed & HATES me), I did a trade off with Ashton the Montana Kid...he took the photos & got to keep the pieces.

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Odd Bits From The Old One   Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:12 am

hahaha! Crazy demonic pieces! How do you do the bit of flesh hanging from the arm? And the fire? And the candle? Hehehehe... love the chests too! The handwriting is superb! What a penmanship!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Odd Bits From The Old One   Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 am

ha! Demon Rum! Awesome! I really like the lecturn as well =]
Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Odd Bits From The Old One   Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:25 am

Wow, thats awesome! Really cool gadets you made there Shocked
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Odd Bits From The Old One   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:53 am

Wow! You are amazing. I love it.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Odd Bits From The Old One   Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
hahaha! Crazy demonic pieces! How do you do the bit of flesh hanging from the arm? And the fire? And the candle? Hehehehe... love the chests too! The handwriting is superb! What a penmanship!

The bloody mess on the arm & the flame are done with plumber's epoxy paste, which is similar to two part epoxy, but is meant as a seal, & ,as such, lacks the adhesive abilities of regular two part epoxy glue. The torch is a roughed up BBQ skewer with the end sanded to a long point which is then covered with the epoxy paste; the flame is formed by teasing out strands with a pin before the epoxy fully sets (about 5 mins.). The same method minus the skewer is use on the bloody mess.

The candle: after using the same skewer for mixing the epoxy paste a few times, it develops the same texture as a candle that has been burning for awhile. I just cut it to the length I want; drill out the top a bit; sink a thin bit of wire/pin in the hole & tease out a small flame with the epoxy paste. What a Face

Thanks for the kind words. Since doing these pieces I've modified my painting of the flames so that they're redder toward the top & yellower toward the bottom... a bit more realistic that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odd Bits From The Old One   Today at 8:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Odd Bits From The Old One
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1