Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newcomer from Atlanta Area!

Go down 
+2
Da Bank
NateMurdah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NateMurdah

Newcomer from Atlanta Area! Empty
PostSubject: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Hello Death Squads forums!

I'm Nate as you may have already guessed by my forum tag. I currently live and go to school in Carrollton GA, but I've recently discovered a little Hobby shop in Douglasville. It was there that I met Da Bank in person and he introduced me to Death Squads. I'm absolutely new to wargaming in general but I actually have a small bit of experience with Mordheim. I look forward to looking through the rules for DS and getting into it myself.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Nate

Welcome!

It was nice meeting you also last Saturday. We are gaming on Thursday and Saturday this week and really every week.

Hopefully, you got to meet some of the fellow Death Squad and 40K gamers up at HobbyHouse. They are a good group of gamers.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 am

Welcome! cheers

The Atlanta group is very cohesive, and the regulars (like cody) will help you around. Above all, have fun! Keep in touch and share your experiences... we are all ears.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:23 am

Dam I am so jealous..... I wish I had a hobby shop that had some Death Squad gamers....

Hey Da Bank want to fly to New Zealand for a game or 10?

Well welcome to the Da Bank Cult please leave your wallet and bank account details at the front desk.

I hope he got you to read the warning regarding the addictive nature of Death Squads ....... its like compulsory reading for all new recruits.....

enjoy yours games [and please try and wipe Da Bank off the table. please can some one do it.....]

cheers
LGW
Loyal Servitor #7
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:29 am

Heheheh... Da Bank is returning home soon. He told me that he finished his work-related tasks in Atlanta, and soon would be in Fort Myers! cheers

Right on time to play some Death Squads !
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:09 pm

@LGW...trust me they kicked my but. Cody, Mark, Josh, Adam and Sparky are pretty good players.

As Mordheimer noted I am officially back in Floriday so the Atlanta Group is own their own. It has been a pleaures playing DS and talking 40K with them over almost 3 months.
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
Dam I am so jealous..... I wish I had a hobby shop that had some Death Squad gamers....
You're jealous? I'm jealous that you have a hobby store that sells GW products and plasticard.
Damn, Brazil sucks for hobbyists! Newcomer from Atlanta Area! 33290
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Werd, South East Ohio sucks for that too. I have to drive to pittsburg to get to a decent hobby shop.

Welcome to the forum Nate!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:40 am

Librarian wrote:
You're jealous? I'm jealous that you have a hobby store that sells GW products and plasticard.
Damn, Brazil sucks for hobbyists! Newcomer from Atlanta Area! 33290
I though you were joking... you guys may have Carnival, Samba, the best damned Fútbol Teams in the planet [runs for his life] WHAT? Manchester sucks... [/runs for his life], one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World (Cristo Redentor), one of the 7 Wonders of the Natural World (Amazon Rainforest) and of course... the Brazilian National Typical Dress (if you have a defibrillator handy... visit the link)

Naturally, you MUST have a GW Brazil site... yes, you do: http://www.gamesworkshop.com.br I think to myself... "OK... no excuses, Librarian! I will send you a list of stores and maps and aerial pictures and even a couple of Google Street Map views. Shocked Not only the site sucks (insert XXX comment) but... affraid ... they STILL have the Battle of Maccrage box set as the starter kit for 40k!!! Sorry man... I don't know what to say. I just ask for forgiveness... I will make sure to have your solitude in mind. In the bright side... at least I got to know the ONLY person in Brazil that actually knows and plays anything related to Games Workshop!
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:51 am

dysturbed wrote:
I have to drive to pittsburg to get to a decent hobby shop.
Dude, my official nearest GW retailer is in... *checks the GW store locator* wow... Texas. "Myth Adventures" that's... over 8.000 kilometers. Newcomer from Atlanta Area! Icon_cry But I know there a store in Argentina!

Mordheimer wrote:
Naturally, you MUST have a GW Brazil site... yes, you do: http://www.gamesworkshop.com.br I think to myself... "OK... no excuses, Librarian! I will send you a list of stores and maps and aerial pictures and even a couple of Google Street Map views. Shocked Not only the site sucks (insert XXX comment) but... affraid ... they STILL have the Battle of Maccrage box set as the starter kit for 40k!!! Sorry man... I don't know what to say. I just ask for forgiveness... I will make sure to have your solitude in mind. In the bright side... at least I got to know the ONLY person in Brazil that actually knows and plays anything related to Games Workshop!
Well, I COULD buy a Baneblade from this store (which is in São Paulo BTW) but it would cost me over 100 bucks, literally!
And believe it or not, we have a fairly large GW fan community, but we end up as one of the two options:
1) The Rich Kids: 2-3 armies, each over 1500 pts, all plastic. Lots of thanks. Bought painted from e-bay or similar sites. Some actually paint their models themselves, but that's rare.
2) The Scummers (me included): 1-2 armies, a little over 800-1000 points. buys stuff online, like once in two months. Never has tanks or any kind of vehicle - since they're more expensive. Some even poorer folk buys counterfeited models (someone have the original model - sometimes REALLY old models, like Rogue Trader era stuff - and start making copies of it in metal. Newcomer from Atlanta Area! Icon_cry I started with this metal minis, but now I buy them online. Newcomer from Atlanta Area! Icon_redface
It's kinda sad, really, but we do ok! Like Mord said, we have some OTHER cool things around here! Newcomer from Atlanta Area! Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer from Atlanta Area!   Newcomer from Atlanta Area! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newcomer from Atlanta Area!
Page 1 of 1