Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar

Go down 
+9
DoZer
Mordheimer
Laney
mudboy
DeafNala
cody20
Citizen_Khaine
CaptainHonkey
Dysturbed
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:31 pm

I think all my officers will be warrior aspect Dire Avenger. The leader im still going around about though i like the big chain sword from scorpions.
Anyhoo here are the 3 schemes im torn between so far.
Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar Scheme1Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar Scheme2Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar Scheme3

Last edited by dysturbed on Tue May 04, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey

CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 pm

I like the first one
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlgamingarsenal.forumotion.com
Citizen_Khaine

Citizen_Khaine

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 am

Yes, the first one is very good!
The orange and yellow is very effective and contrastful with the dark grey!

I also thought of using grey tones for the textile parts for my eldar with contrasting lighter coloured armourplates.

I say go for it!
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 am

i agree the first one. it makes them look fast.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 am

This is purely my own view & as such should be largely ignored: I go for "D": none of the above. In what passes for my mind I think Futuristic Warriors should be done up in subdued, subtle shades of neutral colors; bright GW shades give them a "shoot me; I'm stupid" feel. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Citizen_Khaine

Citizen_Khaine

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:52 am

Sure, it doesn't make sense, but looks nice!

I think there's not much realism in this game anyway (40k AND DS), I wouldn't even consider it to be in the "scifi" genre. It's fantasy battles in space.

I see the paintschemes as some sort of heraldry, so colourful is fine.

And Eldar look like insects, why not give them some warning colors!

While I'd paint my IG in camo, I wouldn't ever consider it for Marines or Eldar.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:54 am

Camoflage is the colour of fear Blood Angel

If(when) I were to paint some pointy-eared-Cheese-of-doom I would use white and blue.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:06 am

Well actually I wasn't advocating camo; just something subdued. Suspect
AND I agree that 40K isn't really that scifi. It plays out rather like a Horse & Musket War Game.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:18 am

At first I thought the blue one (primarily because I like blue) and then because most of you said the first one I looked at it again and thought that's cool too (must be easily swayed). And then camo got mentioned and I thought camo on eldar would be pretty cool as well. (This is what happens to you when you are kept away from the paints for too long! bounce).

So, why not try something similar to the first colour scheme, but camo it a little bit (like tiger stripes on the orange parts - but with the grey from the cloth rather than black).

Or go typical eldar, which will look good, but not be that original.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:33 am

I like the 2nd one for the Space Fairies... easy to paint (goblin green, wash dark angels green... then orange plates followed by drybrush badmoon yellow) AND gives you a nice palette for highlights.

That said... I agree with DeafNala... Eldar's schemes re ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar Scheme4Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar Scheme5
Id be all of a darker scheme but it just looks very exodite ish not craftworld ish.
and by exodite i mean wild elf wildernessy look to it.
hmm going to have to check out this one too.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:56 am

mmm the grey one looks nice
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:03 am

I am going to agree with the Grey....those bright color schemes are really best suited for your Aspect warriors. Very subtle, but works very very well together. It would also allow for some excellent blending technique (think something along the lines of NMM) on the lighter portion of the armor.

Also something to note.....Yellow is a friggin BITCH to paint. Especially over something like the dark green or grey that you had originally. You would need multiple layers of thinned down yellow, or at least 3 layers of progressively lighter paints up to yellow to get the correct effect.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:40 am

Grey makes an Eldar look... scary! That is an oxymoron... a scary Eldar? Go for THAT!!!
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:50 am

the grey looks badass. Not the kind of Eldar I wanted to meet on a dark webway.
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey

CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:07 pm

choose grey it makes em look like a badass
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlgamingarsenal.forumotion.com
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:24 pm

I think we have a winner.
Grey it is.
I think the leader and aspect warrior types will be in the first choice orange and yellow style. But who knows we may make them grey too with some red and white heraldry or something. I think i am winning 4 aspect warrior and a exarch on ebay right now so we will see!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Looking forward seeing your creations!!!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:01 pm

woot just got 4 Dire Avenger aspect warriors and a exarch for 11 bucks shipped lol
now for some guardians and a warlock
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:07 pm

i love the grey,it makes them look very aggressive in a good way.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:26 pm

The green and grey look more fearsome as the other colors make me more worried that they like to disco.
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:48 am

You mean you worry they look more like true eldars Very Happy feeeeeel the rainbow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
precentor_james

precentor_james

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Just to go against the grain...I like the green-over-olive scheme! Looks like he might have some military purpose. Like he was a sworn defender of his people and meant to go to war, or something. Heh
Back to top Go down
http://counterfett.blogspot.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:59 pm

dysturbed wrote:
woot just got 4 Dire Avenger aspect warriors and a exarch for 11 bucks shipped lol
now for some guardians and a warlock

NIce work!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:45 pm

White with purple armor, red Gems and orange feathers! Taste the rainbow! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar   Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help deciding on a Paint Scheme for my Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: