Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hello everyone

Go down 
+4
Mordheimer
Da Bank
mudboy
way-of-the-warrior
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:00 am

hello i'm new to this site i have played the game at my local club, im and eldar death squad player but i also collect space wolves and i am hopping to find tips on here on how to model and paint different styles and techniques.
my name is way-of-the-warrior (sam hedgecock)
I have heard so muh about this site from a playre who is on this site.
my aim is to become a member of this community and to help out any one who needs it.
i am open to questions if you want to email me one my email is sam_hedgecock@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

way-of-the-warrior
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:22 am

Welcome to The Death Squads Forum

You'll find plenty of interesting reading here and hopefully some inspiration.

And before Mordheimer says it; PICTURES! WE LOVE PICTURES OF MODELS AND OTHER STUFF hello everyone Grin
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:26 am

thanks mudboy
ill do my best to get some pics up but im not the best of painters iam a stratigest who focuses on the game but as i know 02laney irl he has done a model or 2 of mine and they are amazing.
if you like i can post stategy guides yes/no?

thanks

way-of-the-warrior
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:31 am

Welcome to the group

Not for sure on any strategy guides but use cover cover to get the cover save as much as possible.

How did you hear about the group?
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:15 am

i heard from 02 laney who runs a club in my area
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:39 am

Way to go 02Laney.

Welcome to the group again and beat up on 02laney. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:07 pm

cheers WELCOME!!!! cheers

It is awesome to have you here! Laney is a GREAT guy... amazing hobbyist and overall good guy! I'm 36 years old, and I have asked him to adopt me 3 times already! Just Kidding

Great to see that you like Death Squads ... above all, remember that this is YOUR game too! Go ahead post pics of your models (thanks mudboy for beating me to the punch!), it is about sharing your gaming experience. We can't all be laney's you know... but we can all share our gaming and hobby experience. You may receive a pointer or two that opens a new painting experience for you, just as you could help those of us that are strategy-impaired (my lack of tactical vision is legendary!)

If you find something that could be improved, please share! Do NOT be discouraged because the project is almost 2 years of work... anyone in the Staff can tell you there is a lot to do! Above all... play and have fun!

PS--> Until you post pictures... Go Varangians!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:24 pm

thanks guys if you new 02laney irl like me youd want him to adopt you even more he is a legend and a great guy always looking out for people and will always lend a hand.
i already feel like apart of the family you could say such a warm welcome put a smile on my face
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing

StyrofoamKing

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:56 pm

You'll be part of the family soon enough... you'll recognize it by the awkward throwing of chairs, old grudges, and falling asleep in front of the tube (at least, that's how MY family works... though not always in that order.)
Back to top Go down
http://tangentartists.com/
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:58 am

welcome to the Death Squads site..... may your addiction grow as fast as your model collection does.

I should know hows fast it can creep up on you. [6 Death squads so far and Eldar is on the way..... where am I going to store them all..... its hard to find room for the 100+ figs I got..... LOL ]

you'll find that Death Squads has heaps to offer and with the amount of work that the members have put into this game its no wonder it is such a great success and dam fun to play.

Again welcome. pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable you'll be here awhile....

cheers
LGW
Loyal Servitor #7
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi Sam,

Welcome. Glad to see you've made it and thanks for the compliments!
How about a rematch of your eldar vs. my renegades next week?

I'm still working on Grimnar's base - but I'm getting there.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:53 pm

sure got a bit of remodeling to do as my dog got scared of thunder and knocked half them flying

and no worries with grimnar its the thought that counts and im sure if u posted pics here ud get great response Smile

way-of-the-warrior
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi there, I'm sure you're much better at painting than you think! & I can guarentee you're better than I was at your age =]

I've found the guys on here are fantastic if you need any painting, modelling, scenery advice =D I've managed to pick up a fair few tips since registering, it's incredible...even felt brave enough to do some highlighting Shocked

You'll have to post some pics of your Eldar sometime!

& it's excellent to see another Brit here!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:51 pm

MathiasDark wrote:
...even felt brave enough to do some highlighting Shocked

Make that DOUBLE Shocked GO MathiasDark!!! If you want... we could kindda help you on a step by step. Make a thread on the painting tutorial (A guide to newbie painter), pick up an easy model (not 4 billion micro things of details) and post a picture of it raw and primed... I'm sure we can guide you on a step by step... easy to do, fun for you and you never know... Wink

It could be an Eldar Guardian, an IG Cadian or a Space Marine (although DA Green is a little hard to paint...) Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:14 am

Good idea Mordheimer =]
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:11 pm

ha that be awsome hopefully get some pics up soon or you can ask laney how terrible my painting is lol

he trys his best to help me but at the end of the day im not taking art as a subbject ever models are only thing i enjoy painting

way of the warrior
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Likewise dude...this is as close to art as I'm ever likely to get Smile
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:24 pm

its funny we english are more sporty thyan arty apart from laney
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Ahhh, I've broken that trend too then Wink I suck at sports haha
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:46 pm

lol well u must be good at soming
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Sleeping usually haha
Up until recently I was learning the Guitar, but I haven't really played since October...haven't had the time until now...but I haven't got any musical motivation at the moment =[
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:28 pm

lol
i just cba wid anything atm coz of tests and exams zzzzzzz
i swear nearlly fell asleep in one today
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Ahh you don't want to do that! Trust me! I did that in too many exams! =/
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:10 pm

i know nearlly got my exam paper torn up
i was like oh **** if it did i would av gt excluded fr about av week and made to re sit
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:13 pm

hehe I dozed off in one of my exams, woke up to the school chickens going nuts about 2 floors down...freaked me out for a while!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone   hello everyone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello everyone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: