The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Apocalyptic forces

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mudboy

PostSubject: Apocalyptic forces   Sat May 01, 2010 7:51 am

As if I did'nt have enough projects to finish, I found another one. Apparently renovating my Mordheim terrain, painting a Space Marine army, another Mordheim warband and a couple of squads was not quite enough for me

Some years ago i found a Baneblade box with 50% discount at a small bookstore so could'nt resist buying it(who could?). First i was going to make it a Tau Gue'la vehicle with railguns and burstcannons. But then i began my chaos army and wanted to do a chaos Hellhammer. Pure win!

The basis is coming along quite nice. I have only made the track sections so far and I am so glad that GW's models dont have any mouldlines... Exactly! One hell of a lot of mouldlines to clean of.

Enough talk, get on with the pictures;

Now, this part could get tricky. It clearly has Mechanicus icons and that does not fit in with chaos at all. So i have just placed an order for 100 28mm skulls from http://blackcatbases.com/ and I'm goint to fill out the entire 'window' with them. Engine O' Skulls! Evil has no boundries Twisted Evil

Cheers

Last edited by mudboy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Sat May 01, 2010 12:39 pm

You are INSANE!!! Nice EXTRA project... love the idea of the skulls. Too bad the Mechanicus window has to go... it is so purty!!!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Sun May 02, 2010 10:46 am

Mordheimer wrote:
You are INSANE!!!
Pffh, look who's talking

It's slowly starting to look like a decent piece of tank. Still alot of work to do on the chaos part and I'm waiting on some bits from ebay to make it that bit cooler.

I'm adding a double dozerblade so it can just push the small loyalist kid's out of the way and get to the 'oh-so-holy' marines.

A chaotic exhaust...

The viewports will have deamonheads attached to them when i decide which size is best.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Sun May 02, 2010 7:22 pm

You are putting bulldozer blades? HA! How about putting a real Dozer? Just Kidding I can spot few subtle hints of Chaos... VERY COOL!

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Mon May 03, 2010 11:07 am

I don't think he'll let me chain him to the front...
Back to top Go down
DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Mon May 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Thats because he is nothing but pure distilled awesomeness

2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Mon May 03, 2010 7:32 pm

WOW! You do NOT have any self-confidence issues... if your dice were not cursed, you could not find an opponent! HA!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Sat May 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Small update.
Just added some chaos icons and deamon heads. Still waiting for the cool stuff from ebay and blackcatbases bounce

Back to top Go down
Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Sat May 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Looking awesome! more pics!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Sun May 09, 2010 4:02 am

He he ask, and you shall receive:

Yeah, a bolter will do the trick... sucker
Back to top Go down
Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Sun May 09, 2010 8:55 am

Awesome!

mudboy wrote:
Yeah, a bolter will do the trick... sucker

Where's your faith in the Emperor Light and His miracles!
HERETIC! *BLAM*
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Sun May 09, 2010 7:22 pm

WOW!!!!!

I have to go to Denmark and STEAL your Hellhammer! So if you see a goofy-looking guy breaking into your place and bypassing money and jewels only to delicately take the Hellhammmer... do not shot to kill, please.

Did I mentioned I like LOVE your conversion?

Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Mon May 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Librarian wrote:

Where's your faith in the Emperor Light and His miracles!
HERETIC! *BLAM*

My faith is in the barrel of the big gun. Could you fetch it for me? Cool

Mordheimer wrote:
WOW!!!!!
I have to go to Denmark and STEAL your Hellhammer! So if you see a goofy-looking guy breaking into your place and bypassing money and jewels only to delicately take the Hellhammmer... do not shot to kill, please.

Don't worry. I only shoot to cripple the sneaky hellhammer-stealing thieves...

And I just got 100 skulls in the mail Skull
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Tue May 11, 2010 12:51 pm

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL-ENGINE!

I used almost 50 skulls for this little baby... so far Skull

Back to top Go down
Rogal Dorn

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Tue May 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Love the conversion excellent work. For myself I woulda found a way to just corrupticize (it's a word really lol) the Mech symbols. Have to love the dark tech toys.
Back to top Go down
Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Tue May 11, 2010 4:45 pm

AWESOME!
How did you do those skulls?
Back to top Go down
DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Tue May 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Those look like Reaper skulls....

2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 pm

AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull AWESOME! Skull

Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Wed May 12, 2010 8:51 am

Thanks guys.

@Rogal Dorn; That could have been cool!

@Librarian/DoZer; The skulls are from Black Cat Bases.

I'm still waiting for the last bits from Ebay before i can do much more.

Does anyone else think Mordheimer likes this? Razz
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Tue May 18, 2010 3:49 pm

The Hellhammer got some extra lovin today

The dozerblade of doooooooom:

Back to top Go down
Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Tue May 18, 2010 4:48 pm

mudboy wrote:
The Hellhammer got some extra lovin today

The dozerblade of doooooooom:
(img)
(img)
(img)

DON'T tell me that you're using 18K goldchains on that Dozers of Doom!?!

Suspect

Arghs. That is exactly what i intend to use on my dark eldar slaves! Oh, the decadence of horror and beauty!

LOL

What a marvelous machinery You have created there. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Tue May 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Such attention to detail! You are a true master!

Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:58 am

My package from Ebay got lost in the mail so the nice guy from blackdaggergames sent me a new one.
Now I have the last few bitz and pieces to finish construction.

Added a bit of spike to the sponsons:

And I never liked those old 'cone' flamers...

...so I replaced them with a bucketload of Sentinel Flamers:

Just some lascannon turrets and other small details before it's time to bring out ye ol' spraygun.
However I might not have time to finish it as I'm going on vacation saturday and won't be home for three weeks, so you'll properbly have to have some patience.

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:43 pm

I think you hate me... you love to torture me, by showing me SUPER COOL things I can't ever have! Hate is in the air!

Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 am

Well I don't discriminate, I hate everyone... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic forces   Today at 11:44 am

Back to top Go down

Apocalyptic forces
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next