Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Da Bank

Da Bank

Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist Empty
PostSubject: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Tim and I got another good playtest in for the Chaos Panzies..errr Cultists versus my Tastes Like Chicken Kroot.

He as a crazy game as the dice rolls were all over the place. My shaman had to roll Perils of the Warp twice. LOL.

We both refused to route but I was down to a few guys and so we he but I finally decided to route.

I had a Shaman and Kroot recruit go Out of Action.

I finally decided my Kroot had enough and volunatary routed by passing the last three attempts.

We playtested the new upcoming cover save rules, new Psyker difficulty rolls and more. It was really good.

I have a new updated Kroot Squad in the file section. I will update by Wednesday or Thursday with the things we talked about.

I didn't take pictures as I forgot my camera.

Edwin brought his photo booth to take pictures of our models.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:14 am

What a great game indeed!!! I think the game ended with DaBank having 6 models OOA (4 were officers!!!!!!) and I had 5 OOA with 2 Officers!!
It was a great testing night as a lot of cirumstansial instances came up that we were able to apply the new cover save rules and falling rules, along with DaBanks numerous Perils of the Warp rolls.

Just to give ya'll a little taste of what the Cultists are like: My Berserker Aspiring Champion ran amock around his Officers, putting one OOA along with a lowly Kroot hound before he was blasted at close range by two Officers rapid firing. My Undivided Aspiring Champ was dropping Kroot left and right! It was a good ol fashioned Kroot shoot for him!! I ended up loosing a Slaanesh Chosen, but I am ok due to the fact that he was replaced easily due to the new exploration charts. Now for those who haven't read the Cultist squad, you can end up removing your Chaos Space Marine as the leader of your squad. Every other experince block starting with the first for the Aspiring Champion you must roll a Ld test. If failed you will have to duke it out with the leader of the squad to see if you can take it over. So in the past two games I've had that happen twice, once with each aspiring champion. Well last night my Undivded champ knocked my chaos space marine unconcious, thereby making him the leader!!! It's going to get very interesting VERY soon for my squad. Coming soon, bar any major losses, I will be adding in my big unit.....a Daemon!! Unlucky for DaBank though I can choose whatever Daemon I want due to my leader being an Undivided Champion.

So those are just some teasers as to whats coming up next!!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:00 pm

So? What demon are you planing to unleash? Maybe a a Brundelfly?

Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist Brundlefly

Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist Fly
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Tim, did I email that bit company on Ebay? I think they have the daemons things you might be looking for.

Once I get a feel for Kroot I hope to write real battle reports like I did for the IG. I drew most of my inspiration from 40K and i will be challenged as I don't know of a Kroot perspective 40K novel. They are mentioned a few times in them but nothing major.

It seems that we are figuring out a few things pretty quickly on both squads in just two games. Playtesting is so valuable for these squads.

I will be buying new dice or I need to find my old ones I used as the ones I have now are horrible. When I need low dice rolls I roll high and vice versus but Tim had some issues also, he went with like 8 shots from four guys and they all missed I believe or was that HTH? Either way it was crazy for both of us.

The new Pskyer way to roll for attacks is better or more unique. Even I badly as I rolled I like it.

Can't wait to get another game in and see how they fair this next time.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Yes my dice are very chaotic. That was a shooting round you were thinking of. My sorceror cast a power that allows re-rolls to-hit for shooting attacks within 6" of him. I managed to hit with every single shot (6 guys all rapid fired) but I failed to-wound with any of them!!!

Ya I got that link. I'm in the process of putting together a list of items that I want and will be building an interchangeable Chaos Space Marine for all the marks, along with getting one of every daemon.
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:22 pm

A deamon + a CM? Cue death of Kroot! Sorry bank I think you might have your work cut out for ya! Two pukes too that pic up top btw Puke Puke

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:21 am

Brundelfly is my obsession with Nurgle Flies! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 pm

I though cameras were basic kit for the Kroot and most Cultists? Wink

Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.weirdwwii.com/
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Brian

You are correct, we should have had a camera. Unfortunately, I didn't.

There should more pics in these threads.

There were some fun times!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist   Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kroot (KFC) versus the Chaos Cultist
Page 1 of 1