Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiwi's Catachans

Go down 
+11
Laney
Dysturbed
edward
StyrofoamKing
Lord GreyWolf
precentor_james
Mordheimer
MathiasDark
franzyland
Da Bank
Kiwi
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:33 am

A model is VERY light (less than 1/2 kg), so a small box (5" x 3" x 3") should be $15 NZ to USA. Check http://www.nzpost.co.nz . You can prepare the box (not seal it) and take it to the supermarket to be weight in (hehehe) then you can use the calculator on that site to see how much will it cost!

Now... is your Medic ONE legged?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:47 pm

LOL I didn't notice that! Who would trust a medic who couldn't save his own leg pale .
Thanks for the information. That will hopefully leave me $5 to either or pay off the money I pilfered from my bank to buy the catachans or package it to get it through the post system reasonably unscathed.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:45 pm

thats one cool medic.....without a leg
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:16 am

Up and coming squad members:
Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Death_32
They won't be receiving any attention until I finish my prisoner though.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:32 am

cool
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:52 am

Screaming Catachans in the Jungle!!! Cool!
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:43 pm

they look good.....that is until my mordians get to them
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Thanks guys,
I had to take a break from my catachans to paint my prisoner but now I have know excuse not to.
Now I wouldn't normally paint four guys at once, but seeing everyone else churning out high quality painted minis made me want to give it a go.
Here is the WIP:

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Wip_3011

They are only basecoated at the moment but with a bit of luck I might be able to finish them tonight.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:19 am

Nicely done... keep us posted... and remember to base them! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:10 am

Pistol I finished them!!! Pistol
The photos are a little dodgy as it was late once I finished but:
Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Wip_3110

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Wip_3111

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Wip_3112

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Wip_3113

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Wip_3114

I'm a bit OCD so I've been constantly fixing them up but I was wondering what you guys would think.
ps: I love the new smileys Rifle Pistol Sniper Little Frustrated
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:11 am

Pistol these are awesome!! Sniper Rifle
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:17 am

The smileys or the catachans?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:18 am

They look good... need... some ... basing?

Smileys... Hhehehe
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:31 am

Oh yeah I forgot, is the basing on my prisoner OK?
I'm wondering whether it would work for my catachans if so it would be great as it is completely free.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 5:06 am

Kiwi wrote:
Oh yeah I forgot, is the basing on my prisoner OK?
I'm wondering whether it would work for my catachans if so it would be great as it is completely free.

nice work on the catachans....

the muscles really stand out. the eyes on the last one are spot on the first one is ok, but the second one has a nervous twitch... [NOTE: your more game then I am at doing eyes. I have only tried one and not really happy have a second eye ready to go but not sure...*shrug* need alot of practice on that one]

great job...what are you going to use on the bases?use BARK????

Cheers
LGW....

yeah new smiles rock!!!!
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:26 pm

Resistance is Futile awesome
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks guys,
@ LGW I will certainly think about using bark if I can find it small enough or cut it some how but I might have to let it dry first the weather is shit.
As for the 2nd eye I was trying to make him look a bit.....different, but I agree the eye will need to be fixed, I sear I spent more time fixing up painted models than painting new ones.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:26 am

steal some cedar chips from a neighbor's yard lol.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 am

@ Kiwi: Good job on the Catachans - I'd love to see a squad shot when your done. I know what you mean about having to fix paintwork. I settled done to finish and Inquisitor last night (which has lain dormant for a week or two) only to drop it (metal models - I hate metal models! bounce Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Sad ), bust the arm off, broke the basing and chipped the paint off in four different places!

Keep it going
Ta Laney
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:40 am

Thanks guys,
@ Dysturbed I might get a few odd looks scaling their fence, which would suck if they didn't have any Just Kidding .

@ 02laney Sad I know how it feels, when I dropped my warboss I had spent half a day on it (still no where near as good as any thing you paint) was quite a shock luckily he survived unharmed.

@ LGW Just curious, how did you secure the bark to the bases? Does super glue work?

Should probably have re-phrased that question. Do you guys think urban basing would be suitable for the catachans or that I should wait for some static grass?
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:40 am

Kiwi wrote:
Thanks guys,
@ Dysturbed I might get a few odd looks scaling their fence, which would suck if they didn't have any Just Kidding .

@ 02laney Sad I know how it feels, when I dropped my warboss I had spent half a day on it (still no where near as good as any thing you paint) was quite a shock luckily he survived unharmed.

@ LGW Just curious, how did you secure the bark to the bases? Does super glue work?

Should probably have re-phrased that question. Do you guys think urban basing would be suitable for the catachans or that I should wait for some static grass?

just used builders grade PVA glue. super glue will get absorbed by the bark and not stick to the base.

you can get the glue from bunnings, mitre 10, etc...

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 am

@ LGW Thanks that will help a lot when i finally get around to basing.

I have recently acquired an ogre and some green stuff to convert an ogryn.
I thought I'd share the WIP's:

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Ogryn_10

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Ogryn_11

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Ogryn_12

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 Ogryn_13

Embarassed The green stuff on the ripper gun may not look flat but it should be after how much time I spent on it.
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:16 am

Very nice, very subtle changes that go a long way. Although the belly-plate is a touch Chaotic.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:31 am

The ISH wrote:
Very nice, very subtle changes that go a long way. Although the belly-plate is a touch Chaotic.

the belly plate could be easily fixed up...

see if you can find a decent sized skull pic or transfer or if your good with green stuff make one. cut it in half and add a cog to the other side... eg like the adeptus mechanicus logo. give him some sort of bionic implant and he could have be a body guard for a tech marine or an Adeptus Mechanicus officer....

or if you have a plastic aquilla get a lighter and run the flame underneath is [what out it doesn't catch on fire] just give it a blast for a few seconds quickly push it into the belly plate it should have softened enough for it to mold over the belly place. [ eg instead of being flat it has now been given a nice belly curve to it.]

just an idea

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:51 am

VERY NICE!!!

Love the gas tank... only an Ogryn would carry one as an 'accessory!' The cleft chin is VERY clever... nice touch! I would suggest a military cap... it would transform your model.

I like the bent Aquila on the belly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiwi's Catachans
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: