The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Fri May 21, 2010 10:43 pm

That's great model Von Hagel. I am hoping it's coming to my house.

Here are some pics of the finished paint job on Kurtz the renegade guardsman.

Wish him luck. He's going on a long trip come Monday.

Back to top Go down
http://www.goblinminimart.com
VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sat May 22, 2010 4:57 am

Thanks for all the kind words everyone

And Skeller you really made me shit bricks when you said you would send him on Monday, for a second I thought that was the deadline... cause then I'd been in very deep.

Luckily I checked and the deadline is the 15th of June, PHEW! Lots of time to finish Joe
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sat May 22, 2010 6:02 am

Skeller wrote:
Wish him luck. He's going on a long trip come Monday.
Monday? Wait until June 15th to ship!

Great model Skeller!!! Love the Renegade!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sat May 22, 2010 7:44 am

Great model Skeller!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sat May 22, 2010 9:23 am

VonHagel wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words everyone

And Skeller you really made me shit bricks when you said you would send him on Monday, for a second I thought that was the deadline... cause then I'd been in very deep.

Luckily I checked and the deadline is the 15th of June, PHEW! Lots of time to finish Joe

THIS damn dude you about gave me a heart attack!!!

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” ~George Carlin
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sat May 22, 2010 10:45 am

I need to go buy paint brushes today!!!
Back to top Go down
Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sat May 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Sorry. I got excited. But at least you got some free bricks.

Glad you like my model, thanks.

Last edited by Skeller on Sat May 22, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sat May 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Skeller, in my confusion as to when the deadline was I forgot to comment on your model.

I think it's great, did you use Skaven parts for the body? and that base, it's out of this world cool.
Back to top Go down
Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sat May 22, 2010 9:53 pm

I wish I could take better pics. I have in the past. I guess I'm getting lazy.

@ Vonhagel: Yes the body is a storm vermin one. He could have used some green stuffing on the toes, me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sat May 22, 2010 10:25 pm

skeller your guy kinda reminds me of the Vulus from Mass effect. it's a good thing!!!

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” ~George Carlin
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 12:03 am

Whoa all the prisoners look amazing.
I thought I'd share some photos of my prisoner, sorry in advance for the photos.

And yes I did base him Mordheimer.

Last edited by Kiwi on Sun May 23, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 12:20 am

Funny that you mentioned it Kiwi... that was the FIRST thing I saw! The Aquilla on the floor... very nice! cheers The camo is VERY good! Could I suggest something? A slight touch on the shoulder pad insignia. It IS well painted, but it bends too much with the camo. I would suggest a drybrush with gold, to bring it a little.

Over all... GREAT WORK!

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
edward

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 2:33 am

he looks really good kiwi
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 2:37 am

@Kiwi - very good piece, with a load of character. I think Mordheimers right on the badge (a little gold would bring it out beautifully - though obviously no-one in real life would have camo and a big gold badge!).

How did you do the flamer nozzle on your camo example without ogryn flesh wash? (Always want to know how people do stuff)

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 2:41 am

I'm REALLY excited!

I just finished the Green Stuff on my Prisoner... and it is THE best I have ever done! Not that such accomplishment means much, but it does to me! So, right now (is 2:30am!) it is drying... in the morning I will drill the last few holes, attach the last cables and take WiP pictures! cheers I can't resist the secrecy... so I will explain my model in detail, along with the photos. He is awesome!

Going to eat... hungry... then clean the kitchen, then sleep a couple of hours. Ready to be with the kids at 6:30am!

EDIT: Deleted previous double post AND pasted the same info. Hehehehe

Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 6:48 am

Very very good job, Kiwi.
Back to top Go down
Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 am

A single trooper with a melta gun looks so much meaner than one attached to a squad.

Great model. The camo looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 6:24 pm

OK... here is the story behind my Prisoner, followed by some WiP pictures. Hope you like it.

Kome Adore Da Wun On Da Gold'n Throne!!!
- Waz do ya' wantz?
Da Warboss was in a VERY foul mood. Imperial Forces kept pouring in from the sky, but non would wage Waaagh! The Mek Boy grinned... he had The Perfect Plan!

- Boss! Mez know how to push da humies out of da shack, for some shagg'n! Dey kome out, an we pullz in... then you got yer WAAAGH! See... itz simple! Humies love da Amparor... he be squatt'n on da Gold'n Throne. I found me a Grotz, and his name be Amparor! We stik a krown and sit 'im on a throne... on top of some dakka. Da humies will be runnin' to Da Amparor, lik flies to rott'n meatz and wenz dey get close... BOOM! No more humies and you gotz a Waaagh! Da only probl'm is that da grotz may not make it.

- Not to worry about da Grotz... I got plen'y o' em feed'im da Squigs.

My piece is another Gretchin Booby Trap! It was supposed to be playable, as an Ork Booby Trap, but it seems it grew a little... and now is is more of a display piece. You could see the Gretchin "Amparor" sitting on this tiny gold-color toilet, on top of a captured Imperial Ammo Crate. The Orks did their very best to get the 'throne' room right... from the little table with toilet paper to the floor rug (as corny as my mother loves them!) He is sitting in front of a sign that reads "Kome Adore Da Wun On DaGold'n Throne!!!" In one hand he has a royal scepter and in the other a dead-man switch (trigger) on the other. The trigger goes down to the ammo crate, where is link to some bombs and TNT!

As a bonus, I made a Leg-Lamp with a Space Marine leg! The box on one side will say "FRE-GEE-LI" in bold letters and "It must be" followed by an Italian Flag in a corner... in reference to the movie "The Christmas Story" (see the YouTube video on the thread!) On the front, it will say "Imperial Property, Open On Pain of Death!" in reference to the Imperial Primer, in which all infractions are "on pain of death". On the other of the crate, it will be the "Prisoner Exchange, June 2010" and my signature. The Gretchin will have an open book on his lap (as he could read!) that will have some text and the Death Squads logo... so he will be trying to learn how to play :DS with a copy of the TLRB v05.1.b! HA!

Personally I'm super happy with the Green Stuff work. For the 1st time I manage to do convincing muscle... even it it was on the Gretchin's back (you will not be able to see much of it) and his ass! HA! The crown was hard, but I'm happy with the 'beat-up' look it has. Now... for some WIP pictures! In few days to prime and paint. Comments and criticisms are more than welcomed! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 6:32 pm

oh Mord...

I'm usualy not a fan of humoring it up when it comes to 40k, but you have pulled it off so nicely, you won me over this time!

The whole thing looks fantastic, not what I had in mind at all when I saw just the crate earlier.

Haha effort well spend Blood Angel
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Your creation can join my Private Poo, then they can have Dunny wars.....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 6:43 pm

oh my lol.
That is great man a instant classic and the leg lamp is awsome.!!!
I don't think i would want to see what is in that toilet...

Last edited by Dysturbed on Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Praise the Emperor's Throne! oops or not. That is freakin great. Nice story on him also. I can't wait to send our stuff out. This is like Xmas in June!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Thanks guy... hope I don't screw up the paint!

Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Thanks guy... hope I don't screw up the paint!

I am feeling the same with regards to my prisoner. Spend so much time converting up the mini and then try and paint it can getting really depressing..... [mediocore painting skills Puke Embarassed Mad ]

you will do better then me Mord.....nice conversion....where did you find the LOO???

I had to scratch build mine for Private POO....

Cheers
LGW

Last edited by Lord GreyWolf on Sun May 23, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Sun May 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Lol!

Dat leg lamp!

Good work, Mord.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Today at 3:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!