Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!

Go down 
+20
The ISH
cody20
VonHagel
StyrofoamKing
Lord GreyWolf
dr!zzt
moggd
Kiwi
Skeller
edward
Da Eavy
mudboy
MathiasDark
way-of-the-warrior
Laney
Sandormen
DoZer
Da Bank
Dysturbed
Mordheimer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:43 pm

yh tht would be awsome who ever gets mr bunny feet will be lucky
Back to top Go down
Da Eavy

Da Eavy

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Oh crikey! I saw the thread and thought, should I look?
The answer..... No I should not! I have a lot to live upto if I'm gonna do any of you justice. Man you guys are awsome. I'm gonna have to think of something quick! You've all started allready. Argh! confused
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Not to worry... I have a lot of work ahead of me. I had to finish some of the projects I had already started, before I start with my Prisoner... so we are on the same boat! Just Kidding

EDIT: Productive day!!! I started with my Prisoner... well, actually the base. Just Kidding I know, I know... I said I wouldn't post pics... but I'm proud of the work! This is just the base... 100% scratch built wooden box, with few nice things inside. I even broke out my brass stencils (I have been saving them for 3 years for something special!) I will have to paint all the components separately, so everything gets painted correctly. The model, which I just found out I do not have all the parts!) will be on top. I do not know if this will be a playable piece (seems kindda big), but it will be a nice little diorama! Its 2:15 am... I'm going to bed.

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 GretchinThroneBaseWIP01

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 GretchinThroneBaseWIP02

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 GretchinThroneBaseWIP03

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 GretchinThroneBaseWIP04
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:45 am

Update:
Tip for Dire Avenger Eldar- when painting the brush apply a liberal amount of black paint across the top of the brush at the top of the helmet. Then while still wet dip it in fine play sand when you do this you will get the effect you see on my figure which makes it look more like a natural hair than the smooth look that we are used to seeing. I can do a tutorial if anyone need to see what im talking about.
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 105690_md-eldar%208
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 105691_md-eldar%209
in this update you will see that the armor is pretty much done cept the gems which will be green. the spine is also ready until i get my Tamiya Clear Red in to do the gore effects this week.
Next update will have the rest of the gun and hopefully have finally picked a color for the space marine helmet. I think Im going with salamanders.
I have also picked the display base i will be attaching the figure to with magnets.
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Square-plinth
Product is made by armorcast http://armorcast.com

Until next time.

EDIT: awsome scratch built crate Mord. Needs to say FRA-GI-LE in italian on the side lol.

Last edited by dysturbed on Sun May 16, 2010 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:00 am

Please... tutorial! I would suggest to pass the pictures through Picasa... it is Google's FREE Photo Editor. Super easy to use, really powerful.

Why FRA-GI-LE in Italian?
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:11 am

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Christmas_story_lamp_2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mjruvE310Y

omg im dying laughing just watching this lol.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:14 am

Awesome work guys!

Love the crate Mordheimer - I really want to see the model you base on that. The Dire Avenger actually looks tough and dirty! - What would the other craftworlders think? - Great Job!

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:36 am

You guys are going to make me cry. The crate is awesome and that dire avenger is the coolest and I loved the movie clip. That was funny. It was be Italian Fra-gi-lie.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:40 am

Fra-gi-le! Must be Italian!

I WILL put that on the box... Maybe just the "Fragile" test followed by an Italian Flag! HAHAHA! I wonder... HEY! I know.... I will change one of the bombs for a 'leg lamp!" HAHAHA!

EDIT: Please visit and vote on how to get the shipping information on (this thread)!

EDIT 2: HA! I just made me a leg for the lamp! I used an early SM plastic. I will see if I can find a nice lamp shade on a doll house store... if not, I make my own! I figured that the plastic shaves from the drill make for excellent "straw packing"! This is going to be awesome! HA! Thanks for the idea man!
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:15 am

An Update to my PE model:

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 101_0134

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 101_0135

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 101_0136

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 101_0137

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 101_0138
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:42 am

wow dozer nice work i want more!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Sweet... I mean Puke !!! The red DID the trick man... you pulled it off like a true master. Now, if we can figure out how Zack (one of the locals) paint those damned-beard shadows... hehehe! Great job!!!
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Very cool Dozer =]
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:46 pm

i'm looking forward to posting my prisoner-gun slingery guy when he's fininshed of course
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Thank you guys, it took some time to get the red down correctly.

Mord, your base is looking great! I can't wait for you to finish the best portion of your model. It will be probably get some pretty high hits here and on any other website you post it on.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:31 pm

@ DoZer Beautiful job on the traitor - really nice colour mix and top notch green stuff work on the spores/sores/growth (whatever they are).

Painting on my prisoner is complete - I'm now working on a fancy base (no more pics - you've seen all you are going to!). I am going to include an ID card, with a mini biography of the miniature - just because.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:45 pm

same like a special charecter has their own book about them (1 page bok Just Kidding)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:06 pm

WOW! Special writing about the model? Very cool! You guys are awesome!

EDIT: AHHH! I'm having 2nd thoughts... I wanna keep my Prisoner! Isn't the reason WHY he is MY Prisoner? MINE!!! Maybe I do another model?!? I got a nice model (somewhere)... cool bushy beard and two... TWO I tell you... bionic arms. It IS a conversion.

[whine] Do I have to let MY Leg-Lamp go? I mean, it IS Italian! [/whine]
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Nowhere as good as some others but is a model I have been trying to convert. I need to put some more bitz on it and get it a good paint job.

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Img_0616

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Img_0617

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Img_0618

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Img_0619

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Img_0620
Back to top Go down
Skeller

Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:40 pm

I like him, Da Bank. He has a lot of character. I definitely like the choice of hat and guns. All his bits really work together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.goblinminimart.com
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:50 pm

NICE! I don't know who he is supposed to be... but definitely he looks like an Imperial Mysterious Stranger! Love the pistols... dual retro-laspistols! That backpack is awesome. With the miner hat, this guys looks like a pissed-off Boy Scout! Another great conversion man! Just be careful with the evil mold lines... the will ruin your paint job.

Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:59 am

affraid affraid affraid Awesome work guys!
After seeing your work I feel a bit like I'm bringing a pillow to a gun fight, I'll just have to do by best.
I'm no good at conversions so my guy is pretty plain but here he is:
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Death_30

I'm thinking of painting him in urban camouflage something like this but I would like another persons opinion:
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 Death_31
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:00 am

looks good kiwi

i'll post my guy asap
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:06 am

@ edward affraid affraid affraid You need to sign up!!!!!
Here:Prisoner exchange
Today is the last day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:08 am

ooooh crap

EDIT: i beg for forgiveness from the almighty empeorer

(Please avoid double post just click the Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_edit button! Thanks! - Mordheimer)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next